• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How do I hide a thread that I don't want to see?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reflechissez

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Looked everywhere. Can't seem to figure it out. i can only find how to watch a thread.

On related note, can I hide all threads by people on my ignore list, or people that I select...? There are some prolific thread starters for dumb threads...

People were so enamored with high-tech they did not want any regulation and thus wouldn't vote for representative that thought so and the result is a few tech giants making up most of the 7 corps that are virtually the S&P 500 and have much power w/o being taxed and know more about you than you do, selling same to whomever wants it, deciding what info you see or not. This could be seen coming many yrs ago like a train coming down a railroad track, a one-way mind, while the public tied themselves to the railway. Hence, monopolies that do not allow innovation by the smaller co's, from where it comes, for being controlled by large corps that hate such innovation because the last thing they want is competition. We get what we deserve.

So, is there a way to hide threads?

On related note, can I hide all threads by people on my ignore list, or people that I select...? There are some prolific thread starters for dumb threads...
Doesn't going to someone's profile and putting them on Ignore hide their threads and posts? The only thing that wouldn't be hidden is if someone else quotes them. I've never used the feature, but I believe it's how it works.

So, is there a way to hide threads?
Except for putting a member on ignore, I don't think there's any way to hide individual threads. I've been on forums that allow you to hide individual forum sections, but that seems to have gone by the wayside. I don't think you'd want that anyway.

Except for putting a member on ignore, I don't think there's any way to hide individual threads. I've been on forums that allow you to hide individual forum sections, but that seems to have gone by the wayside. I don't think you'd want that anyway.
Yes, I do want that. Since we are limited (I believe) by the number of threads that we can show on "what's new," I don't want it clogged up by threads that don't interest me.

There isn't a way to hide threads themselves.

Yes, I do want that. Since we are limited (I believe) by the number of threads that we can show on "what's new," I don't want it clogged up by threads that don't interest me.
Red said there's no way to do that here. Just a comment, my personal preference in reading threads here is clicking on Forums at the top left, and then New Posts. I never cared for 'What's New'....but I guess it shows you profile posts if you care to see them.

Use the scroll function on your mouse. If you have someone on Ignore their threads will not be displayed to you, I think. But no, the system has not developed to where it knows what You like and hides the rest, not sure Any system does, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom