• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How do conservatives keep their hands clean from Trump?

Now, such low turn out, for the Democrats, for the party that represents your ideology

I don't really care what else you say because it's largely fatuous bloviation, but I do object to this. The Democratic party, as a whole, does not represent my ideology.

I don't really care what else you say because it's largely fatuous bloviation, but I do object to this. The Democratic party, as a whole, does not represent my ideology.

Fatuous bloviation backed by results ( the 2014 GOP sweep of the Democrats ) and the GOP doesn't always represent my ideology either.

But I think its safe to say that the Democrats represent the left and the GOP represents the Right and given the results of the last Midterms I think its safe to say the American voter is unimpressed with what the Dems have to offer

There is so much code language mixed in your question that it practically requires a CIA or NSA agent to decode it.

I think if you do NOT want Hillary in The White House (again) you need to vote for (rich) Mr. Trump and hope that he does half as good a job as Ike -- who was the last person who was elected POTUS and who was never a politician.

So just hold your nose and then kiss Trumps ugly azz and vote for him.

After all, Trump does have at least one conservative value -- he is really rich !!!

...or, so he wants us to believe.

I do not agree.

Ok, we can agree to disagree.

You know it would be nice ( for once ) to have a intelligent exchange with someone who promotes the progressive agenda.

A conversation minus the pretext and condescention that represents so many of the exchanges on this and other forums that occur between people with opposing ideologies. And yes, both sides are guilty.

I dont hate Liberals, and think for the most part that their heart is in the right place. I do disagree with their tactics and strategies, their means to a end.

I think they're counter productive and destructive, but that doesn't mean a Conservative and a Progressive can't meet in the middle on occasion, find common ground and go from there.

Republicans haven't voted or supported an ideology that was helpful or considerate of issues in the black community for at least 100 years.

The yea votes for the civil rights act of 1964 were nearly evenly split between republican and democrat congressional votes in a year in which the democrats held a majority of congress. The great majority of nay votes were democrats. It was overwhelmingly passed by both parties.

I consider the civil rights act to be one of the most positive things the congress ever did. You consider it nothing even though it did occur within the last 100 years?

Ok, we can agree to disagree.

You know it would be nice ( for once ) to have a intelligent exchange with someone who promotes the progressive agenda.

A conversation minus the pretext and condescention that represents so many of the exchanges on this and other forums that occur between people with opposing ideologies. And yes, both sides are guilty.

I dont hate Liberals, and think for the most part that their heart is in the right place. I do disagree with their tactics and strategies, their means to a end.

I think they're counter productive and destructive, but that doesn't mean a Conservative and a Progressive can't meet in the middle on occasion, find common ground and go from there.

They find common ground when the laws they debate are non partisan.

The yea votes for the civil rights act of 1964 were nearly evenly split between republican and democrat congressional votes in a year in which the democrats held a majority of congress. The great majority of nay votes were democrats. It was overwhelmingly passed by both parties.

I consider the civil rights act to be one of the most positive things the congress ever did. You consider it nothing even though it did occur within the last 100 years?

Already raised and already addressed, but to summarize: Yes, I agree it was important thing. It was somewhat attenuated by the fact that not but only a few years later, those same congressmen endorsed Nixon and the Southern Strategy, and threw blacks under a bus to achieve their right-wing political goals (which they were wildly successful at doing) and have been stoking racial discord ever since.

Back
Top Bottom