• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Did You Come Up with Your Name?

The Baron

Knight in Shining Armor
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
So when you signed-up for Debate Politics, how did you decide on what to call yourself? I see a lot of names--some quite unusual--and I can't help but wonder how some of you came up with your name.

I'm a fan of John Wayne and he was called the Duke. So after a bit of research regarding titles I discovered that barons were kinda like the rednecks of royalty and so it seemed a nice fit.

So where did you come up with your name?

On a few occasions (just a few thankfully) I got into an argument with someone who decided to call me a Snowflake, and so I asked them, well yes - THAT IS my username - but do you have any idea WHY I chose that username?

Not one of them gave me an answer other than to say something like: because you are proud of being a snowflake, or because you are one, or because you think it's cute.

So I will leave it up here for people to figure out WHY I picked the username of Snowflake.

wink_40x40.gif

So when you signed-up for Debate Politics, how did you decide on what to call yourself? I see a lot of names--some quite unusual--and I can't help but wonder how some of you came up with your name.

I'm a fan of John Wayne and he was called the Duke. So after a bit of research regarding titles I discovered that barons were kinda like the rednecks of royalty and so it seemed a nice fit.

The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress - Robert A. Heinlein

I suppose that trailer trash may be one of the lowest forms of rednecks, but likely a tad below any form of royalty despite allegations of white privilege.

A play on John McCain's bomb, bomb, bomb iran.

On a few occasions (just a few thankfully) I got into an argument with someone who decided to call me a Snowflake, and so I asked them, well yes - THAT IS my username - but do you have any idea WHY I chose that username?

Not one of them gave me an answer other than to say something like: because you are proud of being a snowflake, or because you are one, or because you think it's cute.

So I will leave it up here for people to figure out WHY I picked the username of Snowflake.

View attachment 67342794
Canada snow? Something along those lines?

I am thoroughly impressed you've read some heinlein.
I daresay I've read EVERYTHING from Heinlein over the last 60 years or so. (except some of his non-fiction stuff)

Smartass security guard commenting on my driver's license photo...
"Mike, look at this guy's ID...you look like some kinda serial killer, what do they call you, Checkerboard Strangler?"
The crew heard it and it stuck.

I didn't mind, makes me think of a blues band.

Head wound in the Service. It was a play on head wounds give you a bit more leeway- 'He has a head wound so he ain't quite right Sir ....' ✌️

About 15 years ago I was walking along the beach thinking about anagrams and it struck me I could anagram my own name into something more exciting.

Not read much Heinlein, 'Time for the stars' was a favourite.

My name is more creative than one might think.

Back
Top Bottom