• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How did the redneck come to represent America abroad?

Greetings, Pero. :2wave:

Welcome back! I missed ya! Hope all is well with you and yours.

We have a blizzard in progress right now! :shock: And it wasn't predicted! This is too much! :thumbdown: I'll take some of that redneck sun any time it wants to make an appearance! I had to do some traveling today by car, so I'm glad it held off till now! It looks icy...

Hey, lucky you! You have a blizzard. Send it out to California when you're done with it, would you? Maybe some of our ski resorts could re open, and perhaps we could get enough snowmelt to at least partially fill up our reservoirs.

Hey, lucky you! You have a blizzard. Send it out to California when you're done with it, would you? Maybe some of our ski resorts could re open, and perhaps we could get enough snowmelt to at least partially fill up our reservoirs.

Greetings, Dittohead not! :2wave:

VERY happy to share! 4000 railroad cars filled wit snow are on their way - if you want more, just holler! :lamo:

Greetings, Pero. :2wave:

Welcome back! I missed ya! Hope all is well with you and yours.

We have a blizzard in progress right now! :shock: And it wasn't predicted! This is too much! :thumbdown: I'll take some of that redneck sun any time it wants to make an appearance! I had to do some traveling today by car, so I'm glad it held off till now! It looks icy...

I have around 5 different things going on, one of which is my sci-fi anthology I am working on for Amazon. Another was babysitting and picking up grandkids from school, my youngest daughter had another baby. Our 9th grand baby and you can throw into the mix 3 great grand kids.

Then there was spring clean up and getting ready to mow the grass. I probably have another month's worth of busy stuff before things return to normal. But I have been checking in every once in awhile. Not much of the subjects interested me.

Your contributions to DP have been missed, Perotista.

So how could this have happend?

I thought it was the "cowboy" internationally, had no idea it was the redneck.

Please note, the term Redneck has been embraced in the last decade, not as a negative. It symbolizes fierce independence and country living. (beer, pickups, guns, owning land, cookouts) That's not a bad label for an American in general. Sure the terrible country music, the homophobia/religious zealotry are some big negatives too...

I always just figured Germans were just really good at what they tried. So they tried some world conquest, and were a little too good at it. Most nations tried some war mongering but sucked enough to give it up before it got out of hand. My general impression of Germans is arrogant, passionate, smart. I think many ruling classes turn cruel and evil, that Germans were "really good" at being bad, is not a shocker in that sense.

BTW, what are unions/labor organizations like in Germany? My company did some work for a popular German tech company and it was a wonderful experience. The German manager took our team (who flew there to work) to a castle and to his house for a cookout... something the Germans' former U.S. colleague did for him and he enjoyed it so much he continues the tradition. They cited that while it was a resounding success, they can't hire from the U.S. for long stretches due to labor organizations :(

Back
Top Bottom