• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How did Boris Johnson get to Kyiv? PM took secret train trip into Ukraine

Litwin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

finally our politicians have grown some bolls , great move UK , you stand first against oriental despotism of barbaric Muscovites

"Oriental Despotism" and Russia - jstor

https://www.jstor.org › stable

by NV Riasanovsky · 1963 · Cited by 21 — Professor Wittfogel believes that what he calls "Oriental despotism" ... emergence of an autocratic and despotic Muscovite state and its

finally our politicians have grown some bolls , great move UK , you stand first against oriental despotism of barbaric Muscovites

by NV Riasanovsky · 1963 · Cited by 21 — Professor Wittfogel believes that what he calls "Oriental despotism" ... emergence of an autocratic and despotic Muscovite state and its
Thanks for that video showing the prime minister inside one of the coaches.

Being 85 years old, I grew up with choo choo trains.

Riding trains between Los Angeles and San Francisco in the 1940s and 1950s will always be a pleasant memory.

I am glad that the prime minister came and returned safely.

The cruelty and sheer inhumanity of the Butcher & his henchmen is staggering and disgusting and sickening.

Fantastic...but it doesnt take traveling there to know it sucks there. So.....NOW what?

I would have thought it better to meet him (Zelensky) in Poland and have the train bring new weapons to Kyiv. But I do think Boris for once is doing the right thing, shipping more weapons to Ukraine.

Fantastic...but it doesnt take traveling there to know it sucks there. So.....NOW what?
I do wonder why these leaders of the free world are risking their lives to travel to a country under bombardment, especially by train. Is it to look brave? There's nothing they can accomplish in person that they couldn't do by Zoom. But once one does it, they all have to do it.

He was never at risk. Putin does not want to hurt his best asset in the west. Boris probably met his handler in Kiev.

I would have thought it better to meet him (Zelensky) in Poland and have the train bring new weapons to Kyiv. But I do think Boris for once is doing the right thing, shipping more weapons to Ukraine.
Zelensky has not left the Ukraine since the Russians invaded.

I believe it's more symbolic, I don't see him physically leaving Ukraine unless it's for a real peace deal.

Thanks for that video showing the prime minister inside one of the coaches.

Being 85 years old, I grew up with choo choo trains.

Riding trains between Los Angeles and San Francisco in the 1940s and 1950s will always be a pleasant memory.

I am glad that the prime minister came and returned safely.

The cruelty and sheer inhumanity of the Butcher & his henchmen is staggering and disgusting and sickening.

Sir, Boris Johnson traveled to Kyiv by train and not flew there because Moscow butchers could kill him in the air and blame Ukraine for this

He was never at risk. Putin does not want to hurt his best asset in the west. Boris probably met his handler in Kiev.
its a war , everything is possible

Moscow threatens to attack western weapons shipments to Ukraine

Warning raises risk of direct confrontation between Moscow and Nato

Ukraine war: Fears Russian aggression could spill into Poland

https://www.bbc.com › news › world-europe-60746437

15 Mar 2022 — On Saturday, Moscow declared those convoys "legitimate military targets" inside Ukraine. But do Poles believe the Kremlin would attack their ...

Zelensky can´t leave the Ukraine

But I do think Boris for once is doing the right thing, shipping more weapons to Ukraine.

Er, which the British were doing even before the Russian invasion and before the major EU nations.

Hence the reason that Zelensky has been so critical of the EU.

"Volodymyr Zelensky has criticised European leaders for acting too late to stop Russia’s invasion."

"Mr Zelensky told EU leaders in Brussels: “You applied sanctions. We are grateful. These are powerful steps but it was a little late. If it had been preventative, Russia would not have gone to war.”

Last edited:

Lol! More Brexit Derangement Syndrome?

Get that chip on your shoulder attended to.

The UK and USA were sending missiles to Ukraine before the Russian invasion.....unlike the major EU nations.

The EU nations were too busy financing Putin's war and the oligarchs by being Russia's biggest trading partner.

Johnson was a major critic of Russia way back when he was Foreign Minister :

"U.K. Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson on Tuesday denounced Russia as an increasingly “malign” influence in global affairs"

Johnson was a major critic of Russia way back when he was Foreign Minister :

"U.K. Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson on Tuesday denounced Russia as an increasingly “malign” influence in global affairs"

man, English men have always stood against the oriental despotism . thats why Johnson and England is N1 target for Moscow propaganda !

man , dont you think that this war is 100% similar to the first Crimean war (Which Moscow totally lost) ? but this time we will act smarter ;)

What's the matter ?

Has Boris shamed your country ?

Pete is a longtime critic of anything British and Boris, in particular....ever since Brexit took place.

He just can't move on.

Back
Top Bottom