• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Covid changed family vacations-trips-gathering-future travel

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
How Covid changed family vacations-trips-gathering-future travel

In late Feb we canceled our yearly trip to PEI with the kids. To many risks
We live in a 4 Province bubble. So when that came into effect we booked for St. Johns, Newfoundland

Had a wonderful time, boat tour saw puffins and were quite lucky to see a number of whales which came approx 50-60 feet from the boat and that was as they say, wonderful grand

My wife has always talked about NFLD, Gros Morne and the Viking settlement that was -is excavated

Little did I know the Viking settlement was in Gros Morne. Until I saw the photos I was not that excited about it. After seeing them, well we will be going

So God willing Gros Morne is on for next year.

No plans to travel outside of Canada til 2022 -vaccine and all

Where I am from people are friendly, same as the Prov we live in now.
Let me say Nefoundlanders/Labradorians are IMHO the friendliest people in NA

Error 400 (Bad Request)!!1

When 911 happened many flights were diverted to Gander

Video is about how a small town, came together to support the thousands of arrivals

We were fortunate enough to have had our last Disney World trip in January.

I was, for a time, quite depressed over the family reunion I had been working all year to organize in Washington State. By late March it was clear that COVID was going to make that event impossible - between travel restrictions and the collection of family members from every hotspot in the States - so we had to cancel. Our timeshare resort closed during our last scheduled week in March, anyway, but fortunately reopened for our next week, in June. That was our bright spot for the Summer.

Disney is off of our agenda for this year (we were going to go again for our birthdays - we're Disney nuts), and the foreseeable future, as is our Summer trip to Alaska via the AL-CAN highway. Our Spring trip to NM and TX also had to be cancelled. Cruises? Forgetaboutit.

But, our younger son has been working from home, so I get to see him every day, and throughout the day. We've been working on long-delayed yard improvement projects together - although he keeps making fun of me every time I buy a new tool. (Oddly, someone stole all of my rakes for some bizarre reason.) It also affords the opportunity for long walks with the dogs, who REALLY appreciate it.

Owning a small RV has been one of our greatest benefits. We bought it 5 years ago when I retired from the Army, and it is our own portable bubble. Before this we had put over 60,000 miles on it, traveling as far North as Banff, South to Arizona, East to Kentucky and Michigan. Occasionally, now, we take it out for a day trip, or overnighter out at the ocean - and because we are completely self-contained, we can be unconcerned about inadvertent "exposure". My wife is severely compromised.

We're actually considering a fall trip to Vermont - a bucket list adventure - if we can find appropriate accommodations along the way. That may, however, be a bridge too far. Fortunately, we live in one of the most beautiful environs in the world, and local trips will be grand enough adventures for the next few months, even if Canada is excluded for the nonce.

We went to Manitoulin Island for 10 days two weeks ago. Getting on the island is a pain as the ferry only handles 50% so we had to drive around, another 3 hours driving, but once on the island, any trace of virus is completely gone, from heart, mind and sight. Except the one big grocery store, Foodland I think, trying to pander to whoever, or worry about lawsuits, as all the other businesses are normal.

We did a long weekend mini-vacation. We were struck by how many mom and pop businesses have been permanent closed by summary government edicts that their businesses are illegal - to force their customers to instead shop on Amazon and at WalMart. For example, every antique shop appeared permanently closed plus about half of the restaurants.

The richest people on earth who control the MSM, press, Internet and government have successfully slaughtered their middle class rivals in the quest to reduce American society of 1% wealthy and 99% poor, with everyone existing solely to serve the richest people on earth.

It was interesting also to see the anal retentive yet total hypocrisy of the pro-mask crowd. Literally we would walk into some business and an employee would tell us we had to wear masks - pulling their own mask up from their chin first before doing so. NO ONE really believes any of this about masks. It is all about submission to authority, nothing else.

We did a long weekend mini-vacation. We were struck by how many mom and pop businesses have been permanent closed by summary government edicts that their businesses are illegal - to force their customers to instead shop on Amazon and at WalMart. For example, every antique shop appeared permanently closed plus about half of the restaurants.

The richest people on earth who control the MSM, press, Internet and government have successfully slaughtered their middle class rivals in the quest to reduce American society of 1% wealthy and 99% poor, with everyone existing solely to serve the richest people on earth.

It was interesting also to see the anal retentive yet total hypocrisy of the pro-mask crowd. Literally we would walk into some business and an employee would tell us we had to wear masks - pulling their own mask up from their chin first before doing so. NO ONE really believes any of this about masks. It is all about submission to authority, nothing else.
You just described Donald Trump and the GOP’s goals perfectly.
Glad to see you come around to reality.

Back
Top Bottom