• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How COVID-19 Is Spreading and How To Stop Its Spread

FALSE. ozonating the air that goes thru a high performance air conditioning system, does help a lot.

False, usually, within seconds, all the virus will fall, unless there are serious drafts. IT is not the air you are breathing, if there are no droplets.

And who does ozonating? Pretty much no one.

While the HVAC systems are functioning, air moves through the entire place through air currents as it heads for the return air duct so it doesn't just fall. And, the new air coming in through the ducts also stirs up the air already in the room. Also, if the place has ceiling fans, the air is really circulated pretty much throughout the place.

I recently bought hospital grade air filters for my HVAC systems both at home and at work.

Wearing a mask, was interpreted as a middle finger to Trump, by Trump. Arent you afraid that showing such BELIEF in the hoax, you will become a NEVERTRUMPER?

Wearing a mask, was interpreted as a middle finger to Trump, by Trump. Arent you afraid that showing such BELIEF in the hoax, you will become a NEVERTRUMPER?

What? Can you post in English please?

I think you missed a big one. The retailers, particularly, grocery stores have young stock clerks who refill all the products on a daily basis, and they don't show symptoms or wear gloves. Everyone who touches these bags, boxes and packages is spreading the virus. Even if you wash your hands before and after handling the products, they still transmit covid for awhile.

I'm very concerned about returning college students. The semester began only yesterday in my community, but people have been seen going in and out of sorority houses unmasked. Half the classes are online...today...but I wonder if this will matter if kids are partying and drinking from the same beer funnels and etc. I guess we'll know here in about 2 weeks. I'm trying not to borrow trouble but half-expect the ordinary classes to be cancelled then and the switch made to all online.

4. Anti-maskers, though despite their vocal opposition, nearly all still wear masks in public stores, they don't wear them at the beach, park, and commingled family gatherings..

Almost nobody wears masks at the beach. It's not just the "anti-maskers."

The lake and beach in my community (private access) is enforcing social distancing only letting a certain amount of people to the lake at any one time. Masks are not mandatory but the groups of immigrants people are social distancing from other groups. Of course the groups are not limited to families especially the teenagers.

I was expecting a spike in cases in my city to occur around now but it has not occurred yet

In addition people need to constantly remind anti-maskers that they are being played by the left to not wear a mask to 1) make Trump look bad by association, and 2) cause more of you likely Trump voters to catch COVID-19 and die, reducing the number of Trump-voters in November.

I was reading along thinking this was serious, and that ruined it....

The left: wear a mask! They work to protect others, and limit the spread!

Right wingers: If the left wants it, I'm against it!!

You: it's the left's fault the right wingers are opposed to masks only because someone on the left says they work, and owning the libs is all that matters to them.

Well, if that's true then I can't help but wonder if COVID-19 is spreading at the beach courtesy of that wonderful balmy sea breeze.

I wonder if there's been an attempt to study that ... .

Regardless, I'm sure inter-family maskless beach gatherings are contributing to an infection spread or two.

Well, if that's true then I can't help but wonder if COVID-19 is spreading at the beach courtesy of that wonderful balmy sea breeze.

I wonder if there's been an attempt to study that ... .

Regardless, I'm sure inter-family maskless beach gatherings are contributing to an infection spread or two.

You might be on to something. I live in CA, which has one of the worst situations with Covid in the country right now, and pretty much the only place I see significant numbers of people without masks is at the beach. And they're not just gathering in pairs and parents+2.5 kids units either. They're gathering in large parties, many of them teens and young adults.

But yeah, it's all Trump's fault (that the Dem. CA gov can't get his own state in check).

You: it's the left's fault the right wingers are opposed to masks only because someone on the left says they work, and owning the libs is all that matters to them.
Do you purposely misconstrue .. or have you not had a FB friend share with you a left-originating "play the right" video such as "It's Only A Mask", where the Joker from Batman tells right-wingers they're being played by the left to be submissive in the shutdown of the economy if they wear a mask, or "The Plandemic", where several of these videos all tell right-wingers that COVID-19 is anything from a hoax to a left-wing conspiracy plan to shutdown the economy to make Trump look bad and lose the election, or "Temperature Guns Harm Your Pineal Gland", where the video erroneously claims temperature guns shoot infrared rays and don't allow them to be used on you and your kids?

Seriously, are you that out of touch with the realities of what's happening in social media?

Many gullible people, watching these videos then thinking "I'm not going to get played" into shutting down the economy and hurting Trump actually do get played the way these videos actually intended: they get played into not wearing a mask, which, ends up spreading COVID-19.

This is very real, and it is very serious.

We need to let these people know they're getting played anyway, that the virus is very real and deadly, and that they need to stop paying attention to these kind of conspiracy theory memes that are designed to manipulate them the opposite of what they end up thinking.

And, yes, a number of people on the left wing do intentionally distribute these videos to gullible right-wingers in the hope that right-wingers will spread them among each other and : 1) they will not wear masks, create a ruckus at stores that gets captured on cellphones, placed on social media, and makes Trump look bad, and 2) will spread the virus in right wing circles, some of whom will die, and that's less votes for Trump in November.

Mock if you want, but you mock the truth.

If we want to stop the virus, a major leak right now is right wing anti-mask, virus-is-a-hoax conspiracy theory videos that originated on the left, so I implore the left and everyone to stop spreading these false memes, for the health sake of us all.

I'm very concerned about returning college students. The semester began only yesterday in my community, but people have been seen going in and out of sorority houses unmasked. Half the classes are online...today...but I wonder if this will matter if kids are partying and drinking from the same beer funnels and etc. I guess we'll know here in about 2 weeks. I'm trying not to borrow trouble but half-expect the ordinary classes to be cancelled then and the switch made to all online.

I worry about all kids and young adults returning to school, then infecting their family members. I never got the flu so much as when I went to school, not even a closed in work environment rivals transmit ability as jam-packed schools.

Family members of poor communities are simply more communal in their mutual support, the non-working adults and teens go over to each other's homes next door to support each other in feeding and caring for the kids while other parents, adults, are at work, and this can cause cross-contamination en masse because they're "comfortable" with each other and thus don't wear masks.

People who are not poor do that very infrequently and thus there are no hot spots of the virus in these communities. Nevertheless, you are right, wherever such behavior occurs, there needs to be masks worn when people who don't live at a particular domicile visit that domicile, regardless of economic conditions.

Regardless, my point number 4 is still an issue with a number of right-wingers who are anti-maskers, as they too often bring people from other nuclear families into their home unmasked for social gatherings, upping the odds of spreading COVID-19.

What you and I describe that is prevalent among lower-income families is the leading generator of new cases in TX, along the southern border w/Mexico, and in the central valley of CA, where there are many migrant workers and immigrants living multi-gen in close quarters as in TX. Plus, the nature of their jobs makes mask-wearing most difficult.

Are only the poor not wearing mask at home vs the middle class?

Other than characteristics caused by simply being poor, such as 3 gens living in the same hshld, vs the middle class, etc., what's the diff?
Yeah, all those attendees at Trump's RNC rally appeared to be dirt poor...

Minorities seem to not wear masks and don't socially distance. There should be a concerted effort to educate them and provide them with the proper equipment.

"Seem to"? That's your evidence? It "seems" to me too many people of any kind refuse to be educated to the point of wearing mask and social distancing, incl Red State govs. Not just "them", but everybody should be provided proper PPE, at least mask, by the fed govt.

I had the same reaction, and was reluctant to post in this thread, as it is duplicative and slanted. The basics remain the same. Wash (hands and surfaces), Wear (a mask), be Wary (Keep social distance).

Yeah, all those attendees at Trump's RNC rally appeared to be dirt poor...

Could you rephrase into a straight answer? Or at least bring clarity to what you mean that might serve as an adequate answer?

Could you rephrase into a straight answer? Or at least bring clarity to what you mean that might serve as an adequate answer?
Not really. I thought your interlocutor's "analysis" was pretty half-baked and shallow and was indicating that being "poor" has little correlation to being "stupid". The Trump White House COVID Party showed that having money doesn't mean that compliance is expected, especially when it is being actively discouraged for ideological reasons.

Not really. I thought your interlocutor's "analysis" was pretty half-baked and shallow and was indicating that being "poor" has little correlation to being "stupid". The Trump White House COVID Party showed that having money doesn't mean that compliance is expected, especially when it is being actively discouraged for ideological reasons.

You can’t quote specifically what I said was “half-baked and shallow” nor why, so I don’t know what your problem is.

I don’t know where you get the “poor” and “stupid” correlation. I made no such implication.

Having money does not mean compliance is expected, or not.

Back
Top Bottom