• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How could Hillary done worse?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I constantly see written on this message board, anyone but Hillary. Well how could Hillary have been any worse than Trump?
1. The GOP might have been investigating her as Trump said, but look at what is happening to Trump
2. We would not have had a huge tax break for the wealthy that has added 1.5 trillion dollars to our deficit.
3. We would not have been in a tariff war that is bringing down our economy which many think is on the brink of another GOP recession.
4. We would not have made enemies out of all of our allies.
5. We might have fixed the problems with the ACA instead of trying to take health care away from 25 million Americans.
6. We would not be the laughing stock of the entire world.
I could go on but when see what is happening to our nation under Trump and the Trump owned GOP, I really can not see how Hillary could have done worse than Trump has done. I do not see Hillary as being the best candidate ever and would have liked to see others be the Dem candidate in 2016, but again, I can not see how she could have done worse than our present president.

As a Canadian, I see this as a positive. Rarely does a day go by when everyone doesn't have a good laugh at something stupid Trump has said or done.

I constantly see written on this message board, anyone but Hillary. Well how could Hillary have been any worse than Trump?
1. The GOP might have been investigating her as Trump said, but look at what is happening to Trump
2. We would not have had a huge tax break for the wealthy that has added 1.5 trillion dollars to our deficit.
3. We would not have been in a tariff war that is bringing down our economy which many think is on the brink of another GOP recession.
5. We might have fixed the problems with the ACA instead of trying to take health care away from 25 million Americans.
I could go on but when see what is happening to our nation under Trump and the Trump owned GOP, I really can not see how Hillary could have done worse than Trump has done. I do not see Hillary as being the best candidate ever and would have liked to see others be the Dem candidate in 2016, but again, I can not see how she could have done worse than our present president.
Your stuff on tax break is total bull****. The rest mostly bull****.

Our economy would still be stuck limping along...people working low pay part time jobs...no manufacturing. (but the Wall Street Speculators with their algorithms would be making a LOT of money)

China would still be stealing us blind.

Yeah...fix Obamacare...more government control.

And as far as laughing...the whole world would engage in nervous, horrified laughter at the constant sight of Hillary's coughing fits when she speaks or when she has to have three people help her walk up 6 steps.

We dodged a devastating bullet when Trump kicked her sorry ass to the curb.

The democrats will never expect the economy. If Hillary was the president and, her dirty plan would have went to according to plan then she would be president! Open borders all day long. No investigations into any anything.

Your stuff on tax break is total bull****. The rest mostly bull****.

Let me see, 83% of the Trump tax cut went to the top 10% and the experts say that the deficit will be increased by 1.5 trillion dollars. In fact, the November deficit this year set a record. SO how is any of that bullSH**? Can you tell me, no, I thought not. Is trump not being investigated, I read there the number of investigations is up to 17. Has Trump not started a tariff war and is not the economy and the stock market starting to slip or maybe sllde? Has Trump not made enemies out of our allies by his actions? Should we not have made as effort to fix the ACA so 25 million people will not lose their health insurance? And finally if you read the first answer to this op you will see the whole world is laughing at us. SO, what you wrote is certainly bullsh**, but what I put in my OP is the truth. I know you Trump cultists don't want the truth as you welcome every lie Trump tells you with open ears, but get over it.

Our economy would still be stuck limping along...people working low pay part time jobs...no manufacturing. (but the Wall Street Speculators with their algorithms would be making a LOT of money)

China would still be stealing us blind.

Yeah...fix Obamacare...more government control.

And as far as laughing...the whole world would engage in nervous, horrified laughter at the constant sight of Hillary's coughing fits when she speaks or when she has to have three people help her walk up 6 steps.

Do you think people aren't working crappy low wage jobs now?

Do you think people aren't working crappy low wage jobs now?

Only if they want to...or don't have the ability to work a better job.

Let me see, 83% of the Trump tax cut went to the top 10% and the experts say that the deficit will be increased by 1.5 trillion dollars. In fact, the November deficit this year set a record. SO how is any of that bullSH**? Can you tell me, no, I thought not. Is trump not being investigated, I read there the number of investigations is up to 17. Has Trump not started a tariff war and is not the economy and the stock market starting to slip or maybe sllde? Has Trump not made enemies out of our allies by his actions? Should we not have made as effort to fix the ACA so 25 million people will not lose their health insurance? And finally if you read the first answer to this op you will see the whole world is laughing at us. SO, what you wrote is certainly bullsh**, but what I put in my OP is the truth. I know you Trump cultists don't want the truth as you welcome every lie Trump tells you with open ears, but get over it.
LOL, all the usual LW mindless mantras including the BS "83% of cuts went to rich" - only BECAUSE the rich PAY 90% of taxes. There is still NO $1.5T deficit although you guys have been whining about it for almost two years.

We'll never know and while im not a huge personal fan of hers id bet the farm, tractor and auntie em that things would be better off both socially and governmentally .. theres no logical reason to think otherwise :shrug:

but it doesnt really matter much, cant undo it, hopefully IF theres anybody who is actually objective they learned from their mistake

Pure speculation. No facts.
Dismissed!

Pure speculation. No facts.
Dismissed!

Not really speculation. Based on what Hillary, herself, campaigned on and based on her historical record.

I can't imagine how ANYBODY could possibly be worse than Trump. Not sure that is even possible.

BUT....

If anyone could do as bad or worse, my money's on it being Hillary. MAYBE she could suck as bad. If that's even possible.

I mean, when I thought Hillary was going to win, I remember thinking, "she's gonna suck." But I didn't think she would suck this bad. Trump has raised the suck bar up so high, I'm not sure any future president will even come close to the level of suck he has achieved.

Last edited:

I look at this way, Republicans are going to support Trump and be against Hillary. Democrats are against Trump and would be for Hillary. Democrats set out to destroy Trump the day after he was elected. The Republicans would have set out to destroy Hillary the day after if she was elected. I think this goes without saying. Both Trump and Hillary brings out the love/hate relationship. There is no middle ground with these two, at least among the partisans who affiliate with both major parties.

So I toss out Republicans and Democrats, I look at independents. Trump doesn't have very good numbers among independents today. I don't think Hillary would have either. You had 46% of independents vote for Trump, 42% vote for Hillary and 12% vote third party. I've posted the Gallup poll which showed 54% of independents disliked both major party candidates and wanted neither to become their next president. But here it is again as reference.

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/pol...mericans-dislike-presidential-candidates.aspx

What we had in 2016 among independents is 42% voting for Hillary against Trump and another 12% of independents voting third party because they were against Trump and Hillary. That's a total of 54% of independents voting against Trump, not wanting him. this shows up today in his 39% favorable rating among independents/52% unfavorable. Question 32A

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/ppsei7g0oq/econTabReport.pdf

this also showed up in independents voting for Democratic congressional candidates 54-42 over the republican congressional candidates in the 2018 midterms. Add 42% voting for Hillary 2016 plus 12% voting third party, you have 54%. The exact percentage that voted against Trump in 2016 and again in 2018 congressional wise.

Hillary, 46% voted against her in 2016 by voting for Trump, another 12% voted third party against both Hillary and Trump. That makes 58% of independents against her. I don't have Hillary's favorable/unfavorable rating for today like I do Trump's. But I do have for April 2018 for all adults, not just independents. 27% positive, 52% negative. Question 6 scroll down past Trump.

https://www.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/18233NBCWSJApril2018Poll.pdf

I don't think independents view of Hillary would be that far off from all adults today. Remember on election day Hillary was viewed by independents 27% favorable/70% unfavorable. Question 10

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/l37rosbwjp/econTabReport_lv.pdf

All of this leads me to believe that Hillary would be just as disliked today by independents as trump is. The Republicans controlled the House and the Senate had she won, there would be investigations galore. E-Mail, Clinton foundation, you name it. Democrats would love her, Republicans hate her and independents mostly against her like they are Trump. Also remember we're talking here about the two lowest ever major party presidential candidates who had favorable ratings of 38% and 36% nationwide. No one like either candidate outside of their avid supporters and had Hillary won, that wouldn't have changed.

regardless of who won in 2016, the majority of Americans would be against whomever. Trump as we see now or Hillary had she won. Independent really disliked both. There is no getting around that.

LOL, all the usual LW mindless mantras including the BS "83% of cuts went to rich" - only BECAUSE the rich PAY 90% of taxes. There is still NO $1.5T deficit although you guys have been whining about it for almost two years.

Actually, like most Trump cultists you only look at the Federal income tax. If you look at all taxes the poor have to pay, they pay a higher percentage of their incomes in taxes than do the wealthy. Yeah, that is right. When you look at FICA and Medicare taxes, which cut off at about 110 thousand, state income taxes, property taxes which even renters pay through their rent, sales taxes, licenses and fees which are all part of our tax system in this country, the poor are over taxed when you look at what percentage of their incomes go to taxes. So don't try and make me cry about the wealthy paying taxes. One of the reason they pay so much in Federal taxes is that the top 10% own almost 90% of this country's wealth and that has been growing every year. Maybe soon if it continues ,they will own all of it.

Actually, like most Trump cultists you only look at the Federal income tax. If you look at all taxes the poor have to pay, they pay a higher percentage of their incomes in taxes than do the wealthy. Yeah, that is right. When you look at FICA and Medicare taxes, which cut off at about 110 thousand, state income taxes, property taxes which even renters pay through their rent, sales taxes, licenses and fees which are all part of our tax system in this country, the poor are over taxed when you look at what percentage of their incomes go to taxes. So don't try and make me cry about the wealthy paying taxes. One of the reason they pay so much in Federal taxes is that the top 10% own almost 90% of this country's wealth and that has been growing every year. Maybe soon if it continues ,they will own all of it.
And yet more babble. :roll:

Easy....no new ground war in Syria with a possible direct confrontation with Russia. The end.

Mostly, IF Hillary won, we never would be any the wiser about Russia interference in our elections. Just like when Obama was President.

I think many would have preferred to remain in the dark and happy in the thought that America had reached peak liberal Utopia.

Response to #3: You don't like trade deals that help American workers? Cuz that's the whole point of the tariff wars...to force better deals that help our economy. Or do you like seeing China continue to screw us?

-We'd probably be in at least 1 new conflict and an escalation of another (specifically Syria).
-We'd probably be hit with new taxes.
-The illegal immigrant population would be double or triple it is now and BP & ICE would still be handcuffed from doing their jobs.
-Bill Clinton would've probably victimized 3 female interns just in Year 1.

And yet more babble. :roll:

YOu sound like your master Trump, "fake news", except with you when you don't have a good argument you use babble. Yes, you sound like a sore loser.

Not really speculation. Based on what Hillary, herself, campaigned on and based on her historical record.

Again like most GOpers you don't know history. For more than a hundred years on average Dem president do much better than GOP presidents when it come to the economy. ONe big reason is that Dems give tax breaks to the poor and middle class and Gopers give them to the wealthy. The poor and middles class spend the tax cut money boosting the economy and the wealthy put the money where they make the most money and that is often overseas, giving little help to our economy here in the USA. And the so called Trump economy that was given to him by Obama, now seems to be turning due to the stupid tariff war Trump started. If the stock market is any kind of forecaster of the future economy we are in for another tough period.

Again like most GOpers you don't know history. For more than a hundred years on average Dem president do much better than GOP presidents when it come to the economy. ONe big reason is that Dems give tax breaks to the poor and middle class and Gopers give them to the wealthy. The poor and middles class spend the tax cut money boosting the economy and the wealthy put the money where they make the most money and that is often overseas, giving little help to our economy here in the USA. And the so called Trump economy that was given to him by Obama, now seems to be turning due to the stupid tariff war Trump started. If the stock market is any kind of forecaster of the future economy we are in for another tough period.

Blah, blah...

We aren't talking about a hundred years of Presidents. We are talking about two specific people.

And the stock market isn't much of a forecaster when it's controlled by speculators, their computer programs and their trigger-happy mindset.

In any case, Trump has taken the focus of the US economy away from Wall Street and put it on Main Street where it belongs. Where it hasn't been for the last 30 years under the UniParty globalists.

Hillary would have increased the multinational globalist's power over the US economy. That's a bad thing.

Hillary would have increased the multinational globalist's power over the US economy. That's a bad thing.

not really? I take that as a yes, it's pure speculation.
I'll wait for the facts!
Dismissed!

Back
Top Bottom