• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How come we are drowning in conspiracies?

We see them each and every day on here, don't we, Hawkeye.

Sure seems like it but I try not to assume too much, and I care a lot more about the ideas than the people.

That said I have met some very interesting people in my travels.

Which I like.

A lot.

Again, way way too vague and in that sense not saying annything at all.No concrete exmples, only some vague speculations.

Can't you really do better then this?

(btw if conspiracies are defined by starting with the conclusion (circular reasoning( then evolution theory is by your definition
a conspiracy theory! You are really hilarious!)

I told you near the beginning of this thread where you can find exactly what you need. My guess is you didn't bother. That is a you problem, not a me problem.

I posed a question.
Your answer was enormously vague and not saying a thing at all., and then you blame me for your stupid answer?
Now, that is also telling us something!!

You are getting even more hilarious, man.

You deliberately and with intent attempted to distort what I said by removing the proper context in order to engage in an ad hominem attack against me and you got caught. Again, that is a you problem, not a me problem.

Conspiracy theory is defined by starting with the conclusion, then cherry picking the evidence that fits (often out-of-context) in order to work the problem backwards. It is the opposite of critical thinking.

Silly Boy, Mark.

That is precisely what your boys at NIST did. Are you even paying attention to what your own chosen side does? :confused:

Silly Boy, Mark.

That is precisely what your boys at NIST did. Are you even paying attention to what your own chosen side does? :confused:

What, started with the conclusion that after observing buildings being hit by massive airplanes at high speed with the severe damage and structural instability that caused concluded the buildings collapsed due to the effects of being hit by massive airplanes at high speed? Oh yeah, that's a real stretch there - like looking for poison in a shooting victim. :slapme:

No. Conspiracy theory is when one rejects the bleeding obvious and says I can't believe buildings can fall like that (and if I can't believe it therefore it must not be true) just because of planes, so I'm going to ignore the planes and say it must have been pre-planted nuclear devices. And oh yeah, the planes were switched.

That's the Chimpanzee part of the brain working.

Please do remember that it was some time after 9/11/2001 that NIST were engaged. The fundamental cause of collapse by then was no mystery, never was really. All that was left to work out were the details. That is what NIST were tasked to do. Work out the details.

Last edited:
I think it is this way at present, simply because the internet allows anyone to say pretty much anything, about any subject, and in no time at all, their message is sent all around the globe, drawing like-minded believers.

One guy, on a bet, and for a thesis, decided to make a movement to get diapers placed on any and all animals the public has to see, in order to cover up their privates. He had quite a few followers.

There is also the Brit whose last name is NORMAN who said he could write a series of books that are completely misogynistic about women being in slavery in an alternative universe, and he did indeed drawn an international following. It was the "GORE" series. To this day, in the BDSM community, there are GOREANS that try and emulate that society as much as they can. There are even a few GOREAN communes in the way back in some states and countries.

So the internet makes it possible to spread all these wild-assed theories, and because there are so many of them out their, no one really believes much of them any more.

Some could be 100% completely true, but it is hard to find a yummy tootsie roll hidden in a pile of bullcrap.

Do you know what makes it possible to spread all sorts of false information? The Bully Pulpit. Do you know who holds access to the Bully Pulpit?

Are you familiar with the political nepotism involved at NIST? Who has the power to pull things down from the internet?

What, started with the conclusion that after observing buildings being hit by massive airplanes at high speed with the severe damage and structural instability that caused concluded the buildings collapsed due to the effects of being hit by massive airplanes at high speed? Oh yeah, that's a real stretch there - like looking for poison in a shooting victim. :slapme:

No. Conspiracy theory is when one rejects the bleeding obvious and says I can't believe buildings can fall like that (and if I can't believe it therefore it must not be true) just because of planes, so I'm going to ignore the planes and say it must have been pre-planted nuclear devices. And oh yeah, the planes were switched.

That's the Chimpanzee part of the brain working.

Please do remember that it was some time after 9/11/2001 that NIST were engaged. The fundamental cause of collapse by then was no mystery, never was really. All that was left to work out were the details. That is what NIST were tasked to do. Work out the details.

LOL Mark, even after all these years have gone by, you sound like the "Harley Guy", the fellow wearing the Harley T shirt who was babbling to the TV cameras with almost the same words as you just offered. Ah, the power of suggestion... :lol:

Do you know what makes it possible to spread all sorts of false information? The Bully Pulpit. Do you know who holds access to the Bully Pulpit?

Are you familiar with the political nepotism involved at NIST? Who has the power to pull things down from the internet?

I know what desperation looks like.

LOL Mark, even after all these years have gone by, you sound like the "Harley Guy", the fellow wearing the Harley T shirt who was babbling to the TV cameras with almost the same words as you just offered. Ah, the power of suggestion... :lol:

Obviously I'm not wrong since you chose to attack the messenger, not the message.

Say, how you doing on those cell phone calls over in the other thread? Or are you still employing #4?

Do tell. Name these people.

I told you near the beginning of this thread where you can find exactly what you need. My guess is you didn't bother. That is a you problem, not a me problem.

You deliberately and with intent attempted to distort what I said by removing the proper context in order to engage in an ad hominem attack against me and you got caught. Again, that is a you problem, not a me problem.

Well, nothing seems to be a 'me' problem for you. How convenient eh?!

Well, nothing seems to be a 'me' problem for you. How convenient eh?!

I will repeat, for the last time; if you require additional details or clarification on anything I have posted all you have to do is post the appropriate question.

I will repeat, for the last time; if you require additional details or clarification on anything I have posted all you have to do is post the appropriate question.

sure......you are not kidding yourself?! lol

I do hope it will be the last time. Promised?

sure......you are not kidding yourself?! lol

I do hope it will be the last time. Promised?

2 days ago you couldn't get enough answers from me. Now when I repeat my offer to provide whatever you like it seems you are desperate to do anything but get more answers from me.

Fine then, go run along and play.

2 days ago you couldn't get enough answers from me. Now when I repeat my offer to provide whatever you like it seems you are desperate to do anything but get more answers from me.

Fine then, go run along and play.

Oh boy, again, the Ad Hominems.

It really seems you are getting desperate by the day.

That is a good thing.

Oh boy, again, the Ad Hominems.

It really seems you are getting desperate by the day.

That is a good thing.

And it continues. What a surprise. Someone stick a fork in this thread. Its done.

We are drowning in CT because there are some gullible enough to believe the likes of Alex Jones, Veterans Today, etc.

These are not the CT your looking for. :mrgreen:

We are drowning in CT because there are some gullible enough to believe the likes of Alex Jones, Veterans Today, etc.

These are not the CT your looking for. :mrgreen:

So, You haven't read or understood the definition of a conspiracy. Pleaswe go back to the first post,

I have no idea what you are even talking about.

What are you even talking about with this "Bully Pulpit" and NIST? What section of thin air did that come from?

Who has power to pull things down from the internet? You are kidding, right. We ALL DO. I pull things down from the internet all the time. So does everyone else.

You are exceeding the limits of my medication.

So, You haven't read or understood the definition of a conspiracy. Pleaswe go back to the first post,

ah, another lie by you. You cannot support your post.

Now did I say that Alex Jones or VT was behind the CT?. Let me help you, NO I did not.
They are examples of those who spread CT.

Please research and make meaningful responses in the future. :mrgreen:

To answer your first question of "Yet people dismiss 'conspiracies' as being true. (Apart from the tons of government trolls here, of course,)

Why? "

Your statement is a blanket statement. That is you are stating "people" dismiss all conspiracies as being true. You failed to back that up with any supporting evidence. There are people on this forum that believe some specific CT are true. Not everyone dismisses all CT as false. You should learn to stop posting blanket statements.

You are not as smart as you think you are Pin.:lamo

Last edited:
ah, another lie by you. You cannot support your post.

Now did I say that Alex Jones or VT was behind the CT?. Let me help you, NO I did not.
They are examples of those who spread CT.

Please research and make meaningful responses in the future. :mrgreen:

To answer your first question of "Yet people dismiss 'conspiracies' as being true. (Apart from the tons of government trolls here, of course,)

Why? "

Your statement is a blanket statement. That is you are stating "people" dismiss all conspiracies as being true. You failed to back that up with any supporting evidence. There are people on this forum that believe some specific CT are true. Not everyone dismisses all CT as false. You should learn to stop posting blanket statements.

You are not as smart as you think you are Pin.:lamo

I will repeat.

Go back to the first post, so you will be better informed. Thank you.

Oh yeah and the Ad Hominem of course. I never wrote I am smart. It is irrelevant.

Truth is.

Last edited:
I will repeat.

Go back to the first post, so you will be better informed. Thank you.

Oh yeah and the Ad Hominem of course. I never wrote I am smart. It is irrelevant.

Truth is.

You can repeat your request all you want. Your "why" has been answered. You , like so many, just want to troll when they don't like the answers.

Time to move on. One cannot fix stupid, when one does not want to learn.:mrgreen:

I have no idea what you are even talking about.

What are you even talking about with this "Bully Pulpit" and NIST? What section of thin air did that come from?

Who has power to pull things down from the internet? You are kidding, right. We ALL DO. I pull things down from the internet all the time. So does everyone else.

You are exceeding the limits of my medication.

It's OK Chief. Don't stop taking your medication.

For the record, other than these posts, I don't even know how to put something up on the internet, much less how to take something down from the internet.

But I do know from my own limited experience on the internet that various pictures and videos have indeed been taken down. That is, videos and pictures that I had viewed several times were no longer available.

On another thread in the Bias In The Media area, CBS or somebody else has pulled down (maybe I'm using the wrong term there, but I think you get the idea) the interview with Sally A., the lady who worked at the Inland Center in San Bernardino in December. Because that lady's testimony directly contradicted what Pelley had been told by "the authorities", and thereby the entire official narrative of that event, it was pulled down. I assume.

7 months, and it's gone. Who knows, maybe it was gone after just 3 months, I never bothered to check until just the other day.

If you don't know what Bully Pulpit connotes, that's OK Chief. :peace

It's OK Chief. Don't stop taking your medication.

For the record, other than these posts, I don't even know how to put something up on the internet, much less how to take something down from the internet.

Or to look up something on the internet apparently.

But I do know from my own limited experience on the internet that various pictures and videos have indeed been taken down. That is, videos and pictures that I had viewed several times were no longer available.

Yeah, that happens. Servers crash. Service providers go out of business. Site owners stop paying their bills or just take the site down (I for example have started multiple web sites in the past which no longer exist),... or sometimes you just think you remember things that weren't really what you think they were.

On another thread in the Bias In The Media area, CBS or somebody else has pulled down (maybe I'm using the wrong term there, but I think you get the idea) the interview with Sally A., the lady who worked at the Inland Center in San Bernardino in December. Because that lady's testimony directly contradicted what Pelley had been told by "the authorities", and thereby the entire official narrative of that event, it was pulled down. I assume.

7 months, and it's gone. Who knows, maybe it was gone after just 3 months, I never bothered to check until just the other day.

Do you mean this one, which I found in under 10 seconds using a very simple Google search and located in of all places - the CBS official Youtube channel?

I think we may have just identified the real problem.

Back
Top Bottom