• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How come we are drowning in conspiracies?

So explain why Mark F response was a "no answer"

much too vague and hence not answering anything. He should be more specific. He can't.

Your questions were answered, yet you failed to answer his.

Of course they were not answered. not answered at all.

Just some vague generalisations. If you think that is answering a question......think again.

So, no answers at all. That is telling us something is it not?

Yes it is telling us something. You posed two very simple questions to me. I answered both questions with the same level of care and detail. If you require further elaboration on any point then you should ask better, more specific questions. Perhaps then you will garner more specific answers.

Yes it is telling us something. You posed two very simple questions to me. I answered both questions with the same level of care and detail. If you require further elaboration on any point then you should ask better, more specific questions. Perhaps then you will garner more specific answers.

care and detail??? man, you are a joke!

care and detail??? man, you are a joke!

Creating strawmen are we? Why did you dishonestly leave out the proper context - "the same level of,..."?

I am beginning to wonder if you know how to better form your questions, hence the lie by innuendo using a strawman.

much too vague and hence not answering anything. He should be more specific. He can't.

Of course they were not answered. not answered at all.

Just some vague generalisations. If you think that is answering a question......think again.

- Seems you do not like it when people respond like you do.
- Your question was open ended. Try being more specific what you ask for.
- Your questions were answered. You just didn't like the answers.

- Your opinion is noted.

So, no answers at all. That is telling us something is it not?

His pattern of behavior is well established. If he wants "skepticism" to be a synonym for "conspiracy theory", he will by golly do it.

His pattern of behavior is well established. If he wants "skepticism" to be a synonym for "conspiracy theory", he will by golly do it.

Do let us know if you have something of value to contribute,... ever.

Go run away now as is your nature.

The answer is:

As the social glue weakens we trust each other less, we are more likely to look for and find flaws in others, and to assume the worst about others.

This is a very serious problem.

:prof

The answer is:

As the social glue weakens we trust each other less, we are more likely to look for and find flaws in others, and to assume the worst about others.

This is a very serious problem.

:prof
well it will be for your nation when Trump assumes power because this is precisely his platform: fear

well it will be for your nation when Trump assumes power because this is precisely his platform: fear

Trump sells what people want to buy.

He does this very well.

Last edited:
Trump sells what people want to buy.

He does this very well.

I agree

and since I do not have a pony in the race it is easier for me to be impartial

he was amazing at yapping off, looking out into the audience, quickly assessing what they were mostly likely to respond well to and then delivering

what happens when he gets into office and his greatest gift is no longer an asset....well....we shall see

I agree

and since I do not have a pony in the race it is easier for me to be impartial

he was amazing at yapping off, looking out into the audience, quickly assessing what they were mostly likely to respond well to and then delivering

what happens when he gets into office and his greatest gift is no longer an asset....well....we shall see

:thumbs::thumbs: for even trying, damn few can manage that anymore...

Yet, if you only look at the mainstream-lies, you can see we are drowning in conspiracies

Ok, then:

definition of a conspiracy:

Now just by this definition, you can't say there are no conspiracies!

This kind of thing happen all the time!

Yet people dismiss 'conspiracies' as being true. (Apart from the tons of government trolls here, of course,)

Why?

Lack of evidence and a lot of speculation.

Lack of evidence and a lot of speculation.

Conspiracy theory is defined by starting with the conclusion, then cherry picking the evidence that fits (often out-of-context) in order to work the problem backwards. It is the opposite of critical thinking.

Conspiracy theory is defined by starting with the conclusion, then cherry picking the evidence that fits (often out-of-context) in order to work the problem backwards. It is the opposite of critical thinking.

I would put that: "starting with an assumption, then rationalizing it, usually as an exercise of pandering to the ego".

I would put that: "starting with an assumption, then rationalizing it, usually as an exercise of pandering to the ego".

Conspiracy theorists are typically agenda driven so they just know what happened and who was responsible almost the moment something happens. Everything else is just details.

Of course they are the chosen people, the special few who are able to see the grand conspiracy while the rest of us are mere baboons, sheeple who blindly do what our leaders and the mass media tell us.

Its good to be special, especially if critical thinking deficiency has been a life-long affliction,... which it probably has.

Again, way way too vague and in that sense not saying annything at all.No concrete exmples, only some vague speculations.

Can't you really do better then this?

(btw if conspiracies are defined by starting with the conclusion (circular reasoning( then evolution theory is by your definition
a conspiracy theory! You are really hilarious!)

Conspiracy theorists are typically agenda driven so they just know what happened and who was responsible almost the moment something happens. {/quote]

lol

Just like the usa goverment. who knew after minutes after the attack on 9-11, it was Osama Bin Laden
You are hilarious! again!

Of course they are the chosen people, the special few who are able to see the grand conspiracy while the rest of us are mere baboons, sheeple who blindly do what our leaders and the mass media tell us.

What nonsense. Just another Ad Hominem of course. Most people who have done real research into conspiracies,
wish it wouldn't be true what they have found out. And there is nothing special about it. You can also find out the exact same things.Now we are at it, why haven't you done any research into some conspiracies?
Or are you being paid very well? ;)

Its good to be special, especially if critical thinking deficiency has been a life-long affliction,... which it probably has.

Your circular reasoning again, mate?

Too vague. Examples please! This way you can say anything you want.

Creating strawmen are we? Why did you dishonestly leave out the proper context - "the same level of,..."?

I am beginning to wonder if you know how to better form your questions, hence the lie by innuendo using a strawman.

I posed a question.
Your answer was enormously vague and not saying a thing at all., and then you blame me for your stupid answer?
Now, that is also telling us something!!

You are getting even more hilarious, man.

Yet, if you only look at the mainstream-lies, you can see we are drowning in conspiracies

Ok, then:

definition of a conspiracy:

Now just by this definition, you can't say there are no conspiracies!

This kind of thing happen all the time!

Yet people dismiss 'conspiracies' as being true. (Apart from the tons of government trolls here, of course,)

Why?

I think it is this way at present, simply because the internet allows anyone to say pretty much anything, about any subject, and in no time at all, their message is sent all around the globe, drawing like-minded believers.

One guy, on a bet, and for a thesis, decided to make a movement to get diapers placed on any and all animals the public has to see, in order to cover up their privates. He had quite a few followers.

There is also the Brit whose last name is NORMAN who said he could write a series of books that are completely misogynistic about women being in slavery in an alternative universe, and he did indeed drawn an international following. It was the "GORE" series. To this day, in the BDSM community, there are GOREANS that try and emulate that society as much as they can. There are even a few GOREAN communes in the way back in some states and countries.

So the internet makes it possible to spread all these wild-assed theories, and because there are so many of them out their, no one really believes much of them any more.

Some could be 100% completely true, but it is hard to find a yummy tootsie roll hidden in a pile of bullcrap.

Just throwing this out here.

It was a THEORY that Bernie and Trump both suggested the DNC was CONSPIRING against Bernie. I am sure more than a few dismissed it as a paranoid delusion of a guy that could not win in the first place.

NOW, it turns out, what they both said is an absolute provable fact.

So they can proudly remove their tin foil hats on that one, and write VERIFIED on it with a Sharpie.

I think it is this way at present, simply because the internet allows anyone to say pretty much anything, about any subject, and in no time at all, their message is sent all around the globe, drawing like-minded believers.

One guy, on a bet, and for a thesis, decided to make a movement to get diapers placed on any and all animals the public has to see, in order to cover up their privates. He had quite a few followers.

There is also the Brit whose last name is NORMAN who said he could write a series of books that are completely misogynistic about women being in slavery in an alternative universe, and he did indeed drawn an international following. It was the "GORE" series. To this day, in the BDSM community, there are GOREANS that try and emulate that society as much as they can. There are even a few GOREAN communes in the way back in some states and countries.

So the internet makes it possible to spread all these wild-assed theories, and because there are so many of them out their, no one really believes much of them any more.

Some could be 100% completely true, but it is hard to find a yummy tootsie roll hidden in a pile of bullcrap.

Which should not be a problem but unfortunately far too many people both expect to find the worst in everyone they meet AND they are either too stupid or too lazy to use said same internet to quickly find the truth. A critical skill in using the internet effectively is the ability to prioritize and judge, which far too few people can do. We know all about people who lazily follow their dreams rather than reality, they have always been a problem, and the internet is wall to wall with these willfully ignorant.

Which should not be a problem but unfortunately far too many people both expect to find the worst in everyone they meet AND they are either too stupid or too lazy to use said same internet to quickly find the truth. A critical skill in using the internet effectively is the ability to prioritize and judge, which far too few people can do. We know all about people who lazily follow their dreams rather than reality, they have always been a problem, and the internet is wall to wall with these willfully ignorant people.

We see them each and every day on here, don't we, Hawkeye.

Back
Top Bottom