• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Clinton Donor Got on Sensitive Intelligence Board

Samhain

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
How Clinton Donor Got on Sensitive Intelligence Board - ABC News

Newly released State Department emails help reveal how a major Clinton Foundation donor was placed on a sensitive government intelligence advisory board even though he had no obvious experience in the field, a decision that appeared to baffle the department’s professional staff.

The emails further reveal how, after inquiries from ABC News, the Clinton staff sought to “protect the name” of the Secretary, “stall” the ABC News reporter and ultimately accept the resignation of the donor just two days later.

Color me shocked that there was pay-to-play going on via the Clinton Foundation while Hillary was head of State.

The newly released emails reveal that after ABC News started asking questions in August 2011, a State Department official who worked with the advisory board couldn’t immediately come up with a justification for Fernando serving on the panel. His and other emails make repeated references to “S”; ABC News has been told this is a common way to refer to the Secretary of State.

“The true answer is simply that S staff (Cheryl Mills) added him,” wrote Wade Boese, who was Chief of Staff for the Office of the Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security, in an email to Mannina, the press aide. “Raj was not on the list sent to S; he was added at their insistence.”

They're not going to. Partisans on both sides of the aisle can become blindly entrenched in what they want and need to believe.

They're not going to. Partisans on both sides of the aisle can become blindly entrenched in what they want and need to believe.

I understand that, but there has to be a point where even the blindest of Hillary supporters come to the realization that this woman is a walking, talking definition of political corruption. I mean how many more examples do her supporters need?

Seems like Michael D. Brown all over again. Nothing will come of this.

Seems like Michael D. Brown all over again. Nothing will come of this.

You can't be talking about the kid who was shot and killed in Ferguson after assaulting a police officer and refusing to back down when ordered to by law enforcement?

If you are, a simple "yes" will suffice, because we don't want to derail the thread now do we? And I'll be sure not to have a mouth full of coffee when I read it.

You can't be talking about the kid who was shot and killed in Ferguson after assaulting a police officer and refusing to back down when ordered to by law enforcement?

If you are, a simple "yes" will suffice, because we don't want to derail the thread now do we? And I'll be sure not to have a mouth full of coffee when I read it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_D._Brown

Before joining the DHS/FEMA, Brown was the Judges and Stewards Commissioner for the International Arabian Horse Association, (IAHA), from 1989-2001. After numerous lawsuits were filed against the organization over disciplinary actions that Brown took against members violating the Association's code of ethics,[10] Brown resigned and negotiated a buy-out of his contract.

You are silly and uninformed. The administrator of FEMA... had 0 experience in actual disaster relief. The worst that happened? A resignation. I'm sure you'll be screaming for investigation after investigation over this.

How many more instances of blatant corruption is it going to take, for Hillary supporters to reach the conclusion that she unfit for office?

Wake up and smell the coffee people...

Bush's fault.

How Clinton Donor Got on Sensitive Intelligence Board - ABC News

Color me shocked that there was pay-to-play going on via the Clinton Foundation while Hillary was head of State.

The notion of a campaign contributor earning access from a politician is not a very new practice and it occurs across every political administration (Michael D. Brown from FEMA being an example pointed to by another poster). I would further note that such occurs almost by default. Administrations have to make appointments for hundreds, or thousands, of individuals. It stands to reason that these individuals will often be people that are on the radar of the person making the appointment because they performed some type of service for the administration.

And yet, it should be criticized in the instances where, like here, it appears that the access provided was disproportionate relative to the person's expertise. I would applaud the media for performing their job and investigating this issue which appears to have resulted in an appropriate solution, i.e. the person being removed from the board.

Last edited:
closing remarks in the video:
"it's not unusual for the chief of staff to play a role"

somebody (cheryl mills) is about to be thrown under the bus

a link between clinton foundation donors and secretary of state largesse cannot be allowed to exist

The notion of a campaign contributor earning access from a politician is not a very new practice. And yet, it should be criticized in the instances where, like here, it appears that the access provided was disproportionate relative to the person's expertise. I would applaud the media for performing their job and investigating this issue which appears to have resulted in an appropriate solution, i.e. the person being removed from the board.

It can't stop there. They must find something to lynch Hillary over. They're desperate at this point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_D._Brown

You are silly and uninformed. The administrator of FEMA... had 0 experience in actual disaster relief. The worst that happened? A resignation. I'm sure you'll be screaming for investigation after investigation over this.

Hey, I didn't assume, I asked...

As for the Wiki write-up, I can't find the part where Brown paid Bush 6 figures to get the appointment? Maybe you can point that one out to me?

Speaking of which, Brown was hired as general council by the FEMA director, who 8 months later made him acting deputy director. He was nominated for that position and later for director of FEMA in 2003, both of which he received confirmation by the senate.

Brown had more than 2 years at FEMA under his belt when he became director, while Hillary's highest bidder had absolutely no experience and was not confirmed by the senate, or anyone else.

Hey, I didn't assume, I asked...

As for the Wiki write-up, I can't find the part where Brown paid Bush 6 figures to get the appointment? Maybe you can point that one out to me?

Spare me, this guy didn't pay the Clinton's 6 figures to get an appointment. That's just your opinion of what happened.

Speaking of which, Brown was hired as general council by the FEMA director, who 8 months later made him acting deputy director. He was nominated for that position and later for director of FEMA in 2003, both of which he received confirmation by the senate.

Lmao, you didn't even know who I was talking about 10 minutes ago. Now you think do and you still show you don't know what it is you're talking about. Michael D. Brown was hired by a long time friend of Bush, who ran Bush's campaign, and then got a nomination from Bush in 2002 (not 2003), a year and 2 months after being hired in a field where he had zero experience, he made it to deputy director. You'e not even pretending to be honest or informed on this matter. You're just regurgitating stuff you glanced but didn't accurately read. Please, go ahead, I'm listening to you royally get the basic facts wrong even after you pretend you know what you're talking about.

Spare me, this guy didn't pay the Clinton's 6 figures to get an appointment. That's just your opinion of what happened.

Why on earth would he have been appointed if it wasn't the huge 6 figure contributions he made to the Clinton slush fund foundation?

Maybe they just got all their biggest donors to put their name in a hat, and Cheryl Mills drew the lucky winner at their annual "Thanks for making us the richest rednecks in America" gala... I mean it was only to sit on a sensitive intelligence board, and who gives a crap about that... right?

As for your other crap, I'm going to respect the topic of this thread and pass, because the last time I checked, it wasn't about Brown, FEMA or Bush.

Why on earth would he have been appointed if it wasn't the huge 6 figure contributions he made to the Clinton slush fund foundation?

Maybe they just got all their biggest donors to put their name in a hat, and Cheryl Mills drew the lucky winner at their annual "Thanks for making us the richest rednecks in America" gala... I mean it was only to sit on a sensitive intelligence board, and who gives a crap about that... right?

As for your other crap, I'm going to respect the topic of this thread and pass, because the last time I checked, it wasn't about Brown, FEMA or Bush.

obviously, because he was so well qualified for it

not always sarcasm.png

Why on earth would he have been appointed

He serves on quite a few boards related to foreign policy and global politics. The ISAB itself is generally about a wide number of global policy topics. The group's description points to its members having a wide variety of backgrounds.

Your buffoonery and ignorance were exposed for what it was, and now you're trying to save face. Lol, who is Michael D Brown Grim17?

He serves on quite a few boards related to foreign policy and global politics. The ISAB itself is generally about a wide number of global policy topics. The group's description points to its members having a wide variety of backgrounds.

Your buffoonery was exposed for what it was, and now you're trying to save face. Lol, who is Michael D Brown Grim17?

if he was so qualified, then why the resignation two days in - once questions were being asked about his qualifications

I don't think that's the case as much on the conservative side.

I can't stand Trump. Rick Perry either. I can name you a lot of Republicans that I have deeply-principled issues with on all fronts. I think the world of Charles Krauthammer, but I'd like to throw Hannity and O'Reilly to the crocs. Don't like Palin as a politician. Absolutely love Condi Rice. Don't like McConnell or Boehner. Etc, etc, etc.

I think I'm pretty typical.

Liberals, however, will turn the blindest of eyes to the most obvious lies and corruption just to "win". Reid, Pelosi, Clinton, Obama, Emanuel, Wasserman....these are some of the most vile and integrity-rotten people walking the earth. Forget issues, these are such awful people, who live lives completely opposite of what they claim to stand for.

if he was so qualified, then why the resignation two days in - once questions were being asked about his qualifications

Seems easier than going through the next 10 investigations which will come out of this and end up nowhere. Another Benghazi, and 3 more years of guaranteed work for critters like Issa and Gowdy.

Seems easier than going through the next 10 investigations which will come out of this and end up nowhere. Another Benghazi, and 3 more years of guaranteed work for critters like Issa and Gowdy.

possible, but a poor choice imnho
gives off the smell that there is something needing to be hidden
but better than burying the body ... hopefully

The notion of a campaign contributor earning access from a politician is not a very new practice and it occurs across every political administration (Michael D. Brown from FEMA being an example pointed to by another poster). I would further note that such occurs almost by default. Administrations have to make appointments for hundreds, or thousands, of individuals. It stands to reason that these individuals will often be people that are on the radar of the person making the appointment because they performed some type of service for the administration.

And yet, it should be criticized in the instances where, like here, it appears that the access provided was disproportionate relative to the person's expertise. I would applaud the media for performing their job and investigating this issue which appears to have resulted in an appropriate solution, i.e. the person being removed from the board.

I am also finding it hard to get worked up about this case. The email chain references "much more to the story" etc. several times, and I'm not sure what to make of that. Being a politically connected donor doesn't fit those references, so it's possible he does have relevant experience or expertise. At any rate, I don't see this as a big issue. On a scale of 1 to 10 with one being the biggest problems I have with HRC, this is a 10.

Interesting politically correct, partisan response.

Back
Top Bottom