• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How can we expect a bipartisan Congress?

We can't even be bipartisan on DP.

I don't expect bipartisanship- our government is, afterall, a reflection of our collective wishes.

Does it hurt a poster's ability to debate/influence others if he/she is so absolute? Is anything in politics that absolute?

Anybody have any thoughts?

If a poster's primary goal is to influence others, then he/she should probably adopt a more amiable tone and moderate stance, but if one is fairly firm in one's beliefs, then he/she should not necessarily be expected to be in the middle. Courteous and civil, yes.

The source of bi partisan politics is founded with common ground in fiscal policy.. which up until this recession was quite nearly the same from both political parties. I don't need to repeat what the shared bi partisan libertarian fiscal polices were. They have ramped up since the fall of the Berlin wall.

What should be embraced for bi partisan policy making is pragmatism. Clearly a continuance of fiscally liberation of the market and reduced government at this time would cause a massive economic disaster. The only responsible economic policy for main street would be to move to a more Keynesian economic fiscal policy to bring the economy out of the hole.

A very weak rebuttal.

If that were true, you would have more to deconstruct it than saying, "A very weak rebuttal."

The source of bi partisan politics is founded with common ground in fiscal policy.. which up until this recession was quite nearly the same from both political parties. I don't need to repeat what the shared bi partisan libertarian fiscal polices were. They have ramped up since the fall of the Berlin wall.

What should be embraced for bi partisan policy making is pragmatism. Clearly a continuance of fiscally liberation of the market and reduced government at this time would cause a massive economic disaster. The only responsible economic policy for main street would be to move to a more Keynesian economic fiscal policy to bring the economy out of the hole.

Translation- I make things up to insult libertarians because I don't know what I'm talking about.

Care to explain how the most productive economies of the world happen to be economically liberal?

If that were true, you would have more to deconstruct it than saying, "A very weak rebuttal."

Translation- I make things up to insult libertarians because I don't know what I'm talking about.

Care to explain how the most productive economies of the world happen to be economically liberal?

Take some time and learn about the way things are going in the world. Try to listen to something other then your libertarian gooble de gob. You go on like your some variety of expert on what a libertarian country would be like with no point of reference. Blindly deny the reality of the situation, go ahead. But don't pretend your some kind of expert on the subject of libertarianism.

Take some time and learn about the way things are going in the world. Try to listen to something other then your libertarian gooble de gob. You go on like your some variety of expert on what a libertarian country would be like with no point of reference. Blindly deny the reality of the situation, go ahead. But don't pretend your some kind of expert on the subject of libertarianism.

Clearly you're not, otherwise you wouldn't be posting inane videos and instead would defend your arguments with facts and logic.

Clearly you're not, otherwise you wouldn't be posting inane videos and instead would defend your arguments with facts and logic.

lol.. you didn't watch the video?

lol.. you didn't watch the video?

Nope and I'm not going to.

You've made a bunch of incorrect attributions to libertarians, presumably drawn from that and other videos with no factual evidence to back it up.

A man speaking on video isn't a measure of truth if he is misleading, factually incorrect and/or lying.

Nope and I'm not going to.

You've made a bunch of incorrect attributions to libertarians, presumably drawn from that and other videos with no factual evidence to back it up.

A man speaking on video isn't a measure of truth if he is misleading, factually incorrect and/or lying.

Just go away your pathetic.

Just go away your pathetic.

clinton.jpg

:lol:

Hah, hilarious!:D

It's cute but it doesn't make him right about denial of libertarian economic policies being used in part in a bi partisan manner.

We can't even be bipartisan on DP. The Republicans aren't 100% wrong. The Democrats aren't 100% wrong. I've been around just a short time and have seen a number of fair-minded posters....but the it seems the majority of posters are . . .

If Conservative, Obama hasn't done a thing right since he entered office.

If Liberal, it's alllll GWB's fault. Obama's done nothing wrong.

If Libertarian, it's everybody's fault.

Does it hurt a poster's ability to debate/influence others if he/she is so absolute? Is anything in politics that absolute?

Why would you want
"Bi-Partisan" anyway? So people don't get their feelings hurt? IF it's a good idea, why does it need to be "Bi-Partisan"? Such mamby-pamby wishy washy bull that whole notion is.

Why would you want
"Bi-Partisan" anyway? So people don't get their feelings hurt? IF it's a good idea, why does it need to be "Bi-Partisan"? Such mamby-pamby wishy washy bull that whole notion is.

See, I guess I would define bi-partisan differently. I would see it as both sides coming together for the good of the country, working and compromising on an issue. Doesn't mean one side or the other "giving up". But what I see is that both sides tend to stick to their positions without working towards some compromise so gridlock, not solutions occur.

But what I see is that both sides tend to stick to their positions without working towards some compromise so gridlock, not solutions occur.

Congressional gridlock is a good thing, because their solutions are very costly.;)

Congressional gridlock is a good thing, because their solutions are very costly.;)

Like unemployment benifits. Oh wait I know your talking about tax cuts.

I disagree. Doing nothing is also very costly. Nothing changes when things need to.

How 'bout a little less partisan, then? Either one party or the other is going to have a majority in any given year. That shouldn't mean that the majority always gets their way. Our reps should be voting for what makes sense rather than down party lines.
problem with that is, if they vote for 'what makes sense' as to by party line, unless they are near the top of the food chain senioritywise, they run the risk of being passed over for assignment to certain committee posts they want....otherwise known as 'being on the speakers shyte list'.

Last edited:
We can't even be bipartisan on DP. The Republicans aren't 100% wrong. The Democrats aren't 100% wrong. I've been around just a short time and have seen a number of fair-minded posters....but the it seems the majority of posters are . . .

If Conservative, Obama hasn't done a thing right since he entered office.

If Liberal, it's alllll GWB's fault. Obama's done nothing wrong.

If Libertarian, it's everybody's fault.

Partisanship is a wonderful thing regarding politics. Its keeps those in office from screwing the people really fast. Its when they work together that you should be worried. I admit that I would love it both parties came together and cracked down on illegal immigration without any amnesty, without swinging the doors wide open and without any foreign worker programs that allowed businesses to undermine the local workforce. Plus I know that when I vote for a conservative I do not want him working with liberals on issues I disagree with.

Back
Top Bottom