• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How can the Dems overcome this in just 4 months?

You are wrong yet again. This is where an education would have served you better than your very obvious leftist indoctrination.

We shall see...

President's signatures are not required for a bill to become law. It happens automatically after ten calendar days (excluding Sundays) while Congress is in session.

I never claimed it was.....I claimed he could either sign it or veto it. Not signing it and sitting on it for the 10 days accomplishes the same thing as vetoing it....without the benefit of showing some backbone.

A President would have to be pretty stupid to veto a bill knowing it would be instantly over-ridden by Congress.

Whys that? If you campaigned on something and Congress passed a bill that was diametrically opposed to your belief, but you knew they were going to pass it anyway, you would at least be able to say that YOU didnt have anything to do with its passing.

Bush Sr. got roasted for signing off on new taxes after campaigning on the exact opposite. Read that again....he got roasted FOR SIGNING OFF on those taxes. If he vetoes the budget bill and they override the veto, its no longer his circus or his monkeys.

Why am I not surprised that you would recommend that course of action?

Because you know I have a sense of personal integrity?

And just how would you say the right is currently treating biden? Hint, just look at some of the threads on here.
The right is critical of him. What the left did to Trump is on a whole different level.

Out of my whole post your only comment is what about the right, lol

The right is critical of him. What the left did to Trump is on a whole different level.

Out of my whole post your only comment is what about the right, lol
What Trump did to the country is disgusting.

we're currently not fighting a 4 month battle. this war will last for 100 years (and long after the current SCJs are dead and gone).

I never imagined a president could be worse than Jimmy Carter in my lifetime, or ever for that matter, but Ole hair sniffing and showering with his daughter Biden has succeeded. Do the Dems have any plans other than the kangaroo court hearings, to stem their losses on 11-8? We all know that your party won't let him run in 2024 and you have no one in the cue that could win against Trump or DeSantis but are you worried that the gates of retribution will swing wide open when the Republicans handily win both houses because you guys elected a far-left senile old fool?

Jimmy Carter was honest, Biden isn't bad he just isn't the great orator that some others have been. He needs to be more assertive and stop worrying about who he pisses off on the right.

What did he do that you find disgusting?
Acted to widen the divide between us with lies and illegalities for his, and only his, personal gain. Lied for months at the start of the Covid-19 pandemic by playing down the seriousness of the virus and lied about the number of infections despite evidence to the contrary. Called for violence on many occasions against people who disagreed with him. Violated his Oath of Office on many occasions...

PEOPLE EXPECT TOO MUCH, RATHER THAN GET OFF THEIR OWN ASSES AND MAKE THEIR LIVES WORK FOR THEMSELVES.

Presidents' are not some "Magical Genie" that is in place to make your life achieve what you as individuals have not invested self to improve.

Geez!!!!!!!!!!!

POLITICAL STUPIDITY IN AMERICA IS AN ATROCITY,
BECAUSE OF
A MASS OF "PEOPLE WITH EXPECTATION THAT EXCEED THE NEEDINESS OF AN INFANT

DAMN IT, GET OFF YOUR ASSES !!!! and READ THE CONSTITUTION and learn what a President's Role, It damn sure is not magical genie, an it is..
It's not to be your baby sitter

Get off YOUR Ass and Make Your Life Work and Stop Bitching and Moaning Like Spoiled Brats,
Expecting a President to Solve Problems in Your Life That You have not done a damn thing to fix or improve on your own.

MOST OF THESE PEOPLE, HAVE NEVER EVEN READ A PIECE OF LEGISLATION, BUT THEY ARE OVERZEALOUS TO COME TO FORUMS AND TALK SHIT.​

Jimmy Carter was honest, Biden isn't bad he just isn't the great orator that some others have been. He needs to be more assertive and stop worrying about who he pisses off on the right.
As Men get older, a well developed man as he ages, become less combative, more discerning, and with compassion in how they speak, how they address matters and how they approach with consideration and respect.

So, those looking for some Belligerent Bully Stomping Shit Talking Maniac... you will not find that in Biden... He has too much "integrity to indulge in such insidiousness, he has too much dignity to act like some 4 yr old on a perpetual temper tantrum, and he has too much understanding to act like some 6th grade school yard bully. He is far too educated on Global and Domestic matters to be callous and talk shit and ignore the consequence of talking shit.

Right Wingers have chosen to blind their mind, to ensure they choose to never understand that... because they still think in "Cro-Magnon's and Neanderthal's Brutish Mentality"!!!!!

We live in a Civic and Civil Society.... Not The Land of Barbarian and Savages, even though we have some Barbarians and Savages in our midst, which we saw on Jan. 6th. attacking the Government Legislative Institution.

Carters, Economy was better than Republicans.
1655998369995.png
1655998449281.png

Last edited:
As Men get older, a well developed man as he ages, become less combative, more discerning, and with compassion in how they speak, how they address matters and how they approach with consideration and respect.

So, those looking for some Belligerent Bully Stomping Shit Talking Maniac... you will not find that in Biden... He has too much "integrity to indulge in such insidiousness, he has too much dignity to act like some 4 yr old on a perpetual temper tantrum, and he has too much understanding to act like some 6th grade school yard bully. He is far too educated on Global and Domestic matters to be callous and talk shit and ignore the consequence of talking shit.

Right Wingers have chosen to blind their mind, to ensure they choose to never understand that... because they still think in "Cro-Magnon's and Neanderthal's Brutish Mentality"!!!!!

We live in a Civic and Civil Society.... Not The Land of Barbarian and Savages, even though we have some Barbarians and Savages in our midst, which we saw on Jan. 6th. attacking the Government Legislative Institution.

Carters, Economy was better than Republicans.
View attachment 67398206
View attachment 67398207
I never said anything about foot-stomping or being belligerent. I said more assertive and a good orator. He isn't a good public speaker. I think Biden is a good man. He is definitely a good father, husband and person. I don't agree with everything he does. It is refreshing to see someone who isn't a bully compared to the last guy, but he does need to push his agenda a bit more.

I never said anything about foot-stomping or being belligerent. I said more assertive and a good orator. He isn't a good public speaker. I think Biden is a good man. He is definitely a good father, husband and person. I don't agree with everything he does. It is refreshing to see someone who isn't a bully compared to the last guy, but he does need to push his agenda a bit more.
My comments was not attacking your comments... I simply was making and independent statement... which respects what you had written.

What did he do that you find disgusting?
Why even bother with that rather silly question?
If you claim not to know of Trump's disgusting behavior over the last 5 years, you are being willfully ignorant and won't believe any answer you are given.

I never imagined a president could be worse than Jimmy Carter in my lifetime, or ever for that matter, but Ole hair sniffing and showering with his daughter Biden has succeeded. Do the Dems have any plans other than the kangaroo court hearings, to stem their losses on 11-8? We all know that your party won't let him run in 2024 and you have no one in the cue that could win against Trump or DeSantis but are you worried that the gates of retribution will swing wide open when the Republicans handily win both houses because you guys elected a far-left senile old fool?

Election wise, today, it’s not as bad for the Democrats as most people think. Going by today’s numbers that is. Biden’s problem is that he ignored inflation for over a year before recognizing it existed. Then he tried to blame it on the Russians. Inflation, rising gas and food costs were with us a full year prior to the Russians invading the Ukraine. Blaming the Russians didn’t work. Looking at some of the actions Biden has taken, they seem to be more for the green energy, climate control faction of the Democratic Party than to ease the pain at the pump or grocery store Americans are enduring. That perception out there isn’t going to change even with a gas tax holiday. Whoopie, instead of paying 5.00 a gallon, now I only must pay 4.82. That solves nothing. Yet even with all of Biden’s problems, that red wave Republicans keep talking about hasn’t developed yet, there’s no indication of it happening today. Although that could change tomorrow.

Here’s a list of presidents whose approval rating was around 40% for a midterm election. President, year, approval percentage, house seats lost, senate seats lost. Historical average for 4 presidents excluding Biden since his midterm hasn’t happened yet. Approval average, 39.25% house seats lost 48.5, senate seats lost 6.

Biden 2022 39% ?????? projected loss of 18-20 house seats, gain of 1 senate seat as of 23 June

Trump 2018 40% lost 44 house seats, 3 senate seats

Obama 2010 42% lost 63 house seats, 6 senate seats

G.W. Bush 2006 33% lost 33 house seats, 6 senate seats

Bill Clinton 1994 42% lost 54 house seats, 9 senate seats

There a limiting factor at play here. I wonder if you can figure it out. Biden and company should be facing a 50-seat house loss, not less than 20. Having the Democrats gain a seat in the senate, unheard of with a president having an overall approval rating as low as old Joe.

If you care more about what Donald Trump did a year and a half ago than the problems facing this nation today then you’re too wrapped up in partisanship to be useful.

Crimes are often prosecuted years after they are perpetrated. The legal system is slow. That doesn't mean no one should care about crimes committed by a sitting president. Wouldn't be a good precedent going forward- because, remember: the next time this happens that president could have a (D) after their name. If you want the legal system to still function and have credibility if that happens, don't undermine it like this. That's pretty short-sighted.

Election wise, today, it’s not as bad for the Democrats as most people think. Going by today’s numbers that is. Biden’s problem is that he ignored inflation for over a year before recognizing it existed. Then he tried to blame it on the Russians. Inflation, rising gas and food costs were with us a full year prior to the Russians invading the Ukraine. Blaming the Russians didn’t work. Looking at some of the actions Biden has taken, they seem to be more for the green energy, climate control faction of the Democratic Party than to ease the pain at the pump or grocery store Americans are enduring. That perception out there isn’t going to change even with a gas tax holiday. Whoopie, instead of paying 5.00 a gallon, now I only must pay 4.82. That solves nothing. Yet even with all of Biden’s problems, that red wave Republicans keep talking about hasn’t developed yet, there’s no indication of it happening today. Although that could change tomorrow.

Here’s a list of presidents whose approval rating was around 40% for a midterm election. President, year, approval percentage, house seats lost, senate seats lost. Historical average for 4 presidents excluding Biden since his midterm hasn’t happened yet. Approval average, 39.25% house seats lost 48.5, senate seats lost 6.

Biden 2022 39% ?????? projected loss of 18-20 house seats, gain of 1 senate seat as of 23 June

Trump 2018 40% lost 44 house seats, 3 senate seats

Obama 2010 42% lost 63 house seats, 6 senate seats

G.W. Bush 2006 33% lost 33 house seats, 6 senate seats

Bill Clinton 1994 42% lost 54 house seats, 9 senate seats

There a limiting factor at play here. I wonder if you can figure it out. Biden and company should be facing a 50-seat house loss, not less than 20. Having the Democrats gain a seat in the senate, unheard of with a president having an overall approval rating as low as old Joe.
I think its because the GENERAL PUBLIC IS POLITICALLY "Ignorant, as in being un-knowledgeable" of the responsibility of elected officials, and get lost in "expectation driven idiocy"...

• Acting like they are too mind blind stupid to pay attention to the many variables that impact and affect society, and they are dumb enough to expect a President to be a Magician, when the majority of people can barely manage to manage their own day's personal matters.

The ignorance of people has been a stupidity that has always caused chaotic political seat jumping games, and a lot of public bluster based on nothing but "drama antics" within the uninformed and unknowledgeable minds of a mass of people, that talk just to be talking.

Many of these people don't even know who the council person is for their district, they don't know who the representative is for their areas, not on the in-state level or the U.S. House. a great many people have never even been to a City Council Meeting.

Politicians are themselves STUPID, because they were put there to DEBATE AND FIND A COMPRIMISED RESOLVE, NOT to play Party Power Games.
There is absolutely NOTHING in The Constitution about Political Parties.

In fact in the earliest era of American government, the warning against creating divisiveness by creating parties was a stern warnings and the ignorance of people.. is why we have Political Parties.

People back and promote the Divisiveness then complain because nothing gets done... It's the fault of THE PEOPLE.

We have a general POLITICALLY ILLITERATE SOCIETY.. that has a Spoiled Child Mentality of "Expecting Something" when they have not learned how to Respect The Principles of The System of Representative Democracy.

I don't care about Polls... they only poll a bunch of white people in select areas, and then push that bullshit off like its the consensus of the Nation.
It's as dumb as the New Hampshire Primaries or the Iowa Caucuses, which both places is composed of 94% and 93% "WHITE PEOPLE".
And these white people CAN'T speak for the Entire Nation. None of those white people, live in the South, none of them live in the North, none of them live in the Midwest and none of them live in the West... and no two areas, states, counties, cities or communities are the same, and "all white people" are NOT the same, nor is All of any Ethnicity/Race of people the same.

Often we have some of the most Under-educated and Uneducated People answering these Pollsters questions, ask them to back up their response and they "draw a mental blank".

One person, One Vote... make up ones own mind based on ones own understanding, is what serves the "individual best"... not some stupid Poll.

Last edited:
If you claim not to know of Trump's disgusting behavior over the last 5 years, you are being willfully ignorant and won't believe any answer you are given.
Disgusting is a subjective word. How can I possibly know what another person deems disgusting without them defining it for me.

Claiming Trump is disgusting is not debatable. Claiming Trump is disgusting because he did x, y, and z is.

Disgusting is a subjective word. How can I possibly know what another person deems disgusting without them defining it for me.

Claiming Trump is disgusting is not debatable. Claiming Trump is disgusting because he did x, y, and z is.
Disgusting is targeting two US citizens when you are president, telling a lie and nearly getting them killed for that lie...and yes, he knew he was lying.

It's not worth it to get into a spin cycle with poster'. if they have had their head stuck in the mud for the past 5-6 yrs, its a waste of time even talking.

Remember these very wise phrase:

If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet.

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.​

Disgusting is targeting two US citizens when you are president, telling a lie and nearly getting them killed for that lie...and yes, he knew he was lying.
I still have no idea what you are talking about. Please stop assuming I know what you know and provide some context.

Civics 101 = The President proposes, and Congress disposes.

Congress is responsible for all appropriations. They must specifically originate with the House, which the Senate may amend. Furthermore, the President will only veto a bill if that bill does not pass Congress with a two-thirds majority. Every budget passed by Congress while Trump was President was passed with more than a two-thirds majority. Which means that there was absolutely nothing Trump could have done, even if he wanted to.

The same thing happened under Obama. Only during the first two years of Obama's presidency did Congress not pass a budget with a veto-proof majority. From 2010 until 2016 every budget bill passed by Congress came with a veto-proof majority. At least Bush43 managed to get six of his eight years without a veto-proof budget. It hasn't gone well with Presidents since, but that is largely because Congress hasn't been doing their job.
🙄 I know who proposes and the body that disposes.

Your attempt to ignore Trump’s responsibility for the historic explosion of the national debt is as obvious as it is weak.

You can know because there are a lot of things that don't need to be debated in order to be accepted as disgusting. Trump embodies/permeates disgusting behavior.

🙄 I know who proposes and the body that disposes.

Your attempt to ignore Trump’s responsibility for the historic explosion of the national debt is as obvious as it is weak.
I'm ignoring it because Presidents don't appropriate or spend. You still haven't grasped basic civics. All appropriations and all spending is done by Congress. The House must originate the appropriations, but the Senate may amend. The President plays merely a ceremonial role by proposing a budget. A presidential tradition that began with President Wilson, and is not a requirement. Not a single budget proposed by any President has ever passed Congress. Not one. That is because Congress is responsible for all financial dealings of the US. Every deficit, surplus, and every penny added to the National Debt can be laid at the feet of Congress solely.

Anyone who blames a President for the exclusive powers of Congress is obviously lacking a civics education.

I'm ignoring it because Presidents don't appropriate or spend. You still haven't grasped basic civics. All appropriations and all spending is done by Congress. The House must originate the appropriations, but the Senate may amend. The President plays merely a ceremonial role by proposing a budget. A presidential tradition that began with President Wilson, and is not a requirement. Not a single budget proposed by any President has ever passed Congress. Not one. That is because Congress is responsible for all financial dealings of the US. Every deficit, surplus, and every penny added to the National Debt can be laid at the feet of Congress solely.

Anyone who blames a President for the exclusive powers of Congress is obviously lacking a civics education.

Does or does not the President either sign the bill, veto the bill, or take the bitch route and sit on the bill?

All of those actions are his or her way of expressing intent. They own that action, whichever they should choose.

Just stop. Nobody cared that Congress when Bush Sr. was im office passed bills with higher taxes.....they cared that GHWB signed off on those bills.

Earlier you said it would be silly for a President to veto a bill that they knew was gonna pass on a veto override. That stance is like saying a rape is gonna happen with or without your consent. The problem, of course, is that with your consent, its not a rape anymore. If you are gonna get raped, you can lay there and take it or fight back, but you can never give consent to be raped. Vetoing the bill would be fighting back....signing off is giving consent.

Back
Top Bottom