• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How can the Dems overcome this in just 4 months?

Even Fauci stated that masks were not the answer until his political masters got to him.

He stated that they were for good behavior in public.

None of which counters the point I made.

Even if they were only 10% effective, there would potentially be 100K more people alive at the end of his term than there were.

I certainly don't expect the hearings to help the Dems. Given the current unemployment rate, I don't expect anything will. When have Dems ever NOT been completely demolished in an election with unemployment rates anywhere near this low?!

Right now, people are prosperous. An unusually large share of the population is pushing up in to higher tax brackets, and an unusually small percentage is unable to find work. That means a lot of voters think they'll benefit from the kinds of upper-class tax cuts Republicans champion, and not many voters think they'll ever need the kinds of social safety net programs the Dems fight for. This is how the Dems succeed their way out of office, again and again. Sooner or later, under Democratic rule, things are good enough in the country that a critical mass of people take prosperity for granted and are attracted to the GOP's messaging. Then they vote Republicans into power. Traditionally, that only changes after the GOP has utterly wrecked the economy.

You can see that in 1952 (Dems beat the Great Depression and brought us to ultra-low unemployment, so voters booted them, and Dems only got back in once Ike's third recession had driven unemployment rates up high in 1960).
You can see it in 1968 (Dems again brought us to ultra-low unemployment, so voters booted them, and they only got back in after the tag-team of Nixon and Ford had left the nation in ruins).
You can see it in 2000 (again, ultra-low unemployment, again a Republican took the White House, and held it until after his financial catastrophe reminded people why Dems are better).
And you can see it in 2016 (by then, Obama had cleaned up the Bush mess, we again had very low unemployment, and so the voters let Trump try his hand, until he plunged us into the deepest recession since the Great Depression).

That pattern suggests the Dems are in trouble, with unemployment already well below 4%.

Prosperous?

OMG!

No wonder the adults in the room have failed so badly.

I guess someone else pays all your bills :rolleyes:

The fact is that you cannot absolutely prove it.

I cant absolutely prove my OJ this morning did anything for my immune system either, but it didnt stop me from drinking it. Better safe than sorry, right?

I said potentially, for what its worth.

I cant absolutely prove my OJ this morning did anything for my immune system either, but it didnt stop me from drinking it. Better safe than sorry, right?

I said potentially, for what its worth.
I could have potentially been a PGA tour golfer. Then I woke up in the mornings and reality set in.

Prosperous?

OMG!

No wonder the adults in the room have failed so badly.

Im better off now than I was under Trump. So much so that for no reason other than my prosperity, my child support was automatically raised. That only happens when you either are or are projected to be 10% better off than the last time it was investigated.

Anecdotal, I know, but it is what it is.

Prosperous?
Yes. We recently hit an all-time high for median real net worths. Meanwhile, unemployment rates are well below 4%, which is near record lows, and consumer debt is eating up less disposable income than it was at any point between 1980 and the start of the pandemic. That's a lot of prosperity, and traditionally generalized prosperity is like home-field-advantage for the GOP. When too many people start thinking like "temporarily embarrassed millionaires" instead of an exploited proletariat, the writing is on the wall for the Dems. Then, traditionally, they only become competitive again after Republicans push the middle class off a cliff, which serves as a harsh reminder of the value of a safety net.

I pay all my bills -- and a lot of yours, as well, judging by your forum handle. You're welcome.

I could have potentially been a PGA tour golfer. Then I woke up in the mornings and reality set in.

And?

Do we want to progress on to his fighting vaccination?

The numbers there point to the fact that after the first round of vaccinations started, 95% of those hospitalized were of the unvaccinated variety.

Biden's continued stay home bail out absolutely exacerbated this mess.
I believe Biden and States stopped the unemployment money soon after Biden became POTUS.

Surely, trump could have handled the checks better. Instead he was campaigning and wanted to get votes and give people free money with his name on it

I believe Biden and States stopped the unemployment money soon after Biden became POTUS.

Surely, trump could have handled the checks better. Instead he was campaigning and wanted to get votes and give people free money with his name on it

Its almost like they dont think people can go find this info and look at a calendar and put things together.

Its almost like they dont think people can go find this info and look at a calendar and put things together.
I often thought during the height of Covid, what if we had a leader that followed science and experts, sent out a coherent message, united Americans and States to sensibly deal with Covid.

I'm not sure about saving more lives, but absolutely a leader that would apply a comprehensive lockdown plan, which could have allowed less lockdowns.

Something like what Hospitals were already practicing, each and every day through Covid; masks wearing and safe practices.

Less lockdowns less supply shortagees handed to Biden.

Less lockdowns, more gasoline consumption, refineries remain refining, never get to this $5/,gal.

But hey if they can blame it all on Biden, maybe they can erase Donald's Covid disaster

Yes. We recently hit an all-time high for median real net worths. Meanwhile, unemployment rates are well below 4%, which is near record lows, and consumer debt is eating up less disposable income than it was at any point between 1980 and the start of the pandemic. That's a lot of prosperity, and traditionally generalized prosperity is like home-field-advantage for the GOP. When too many people start thinking like "temporarily embarrassed millionaires" instead of an exploited proletariat, the writing is on the wall for the Dems. Then, traditionally, they only become competitive again after Republicans push the middle class off a cliff, which serves as a harsh reminder of the value of a safety net.

I pay all my bills -- and a lot of yours, as well, judging by your forum handle. You're welcome.

Said the person who doesn't have a clue about the real world struggles of working people.

I fulfilled my mutual contract(s) honorably to the full satisfaction of the US Navy.

You owe it..........................and tuff shit :love:

Said the person who doesn't have a clue about the real world struggles of working people.

Most of which are a product of problems that existed when Biden took office. Just like most everything else, most people dont get themselves educated on such things.

The real question is this....why when it takes a Republican administration years to **** things up do thier supporters always expect a Democrat to come in and fix it overnight lest they be called failures?

Such over exaggeration. The blind don't see and the left campaigned against all Trumps successe, economics, military, southern border, but that's ok. What goes around comes around. I can hardly wait to hear the crying from democrats.
Another one that is fine with Trump being an anti American piece of garbage. **** democracy right?

I certainly don't expect the hearings to help the Dems. Given the current unemployment rate, I don't expect anything will. When have Dems ever NOT been completely demolished in an election with unemployment rates anywhere near this low?!

Right now, people are prosperous. An unusually large share of the population is pushing up in to higher tax brackets, and an unusually small percentage is unable to find work. That means a lot of voters think they'll benefit from the kinds of upper-class tax cuts Republicans champion, and not many voters think they'll ever need the kinds of social safety net programs the Dems fight for. This is how the Dems succeed their way out of office, again and again. Sooner or later, under Democratic rule, things are good enough in the country that a critical mass of people take prosperity for granted and are attracted to the GOP's messaging. Then they vote Republicans into power. Traditionally, that only changes after the GOP has utterly wrecked the economy.

You can see that in 1952 (Dems beat the Great Depression and brought us to ultra-low unemployment, so voters booted them, and Dems only got back in once Ike's third recession had driven unemployment rates up high in 1960).
You can see it in 1968 (Dems again brought us to ultra-low unemployment, so voters booted them, and they only got back in after the tag-team of Nixon and Ford had left the nation in ruins).
You can see it in 2000 (again, ultra-low unemployment, again a Republican took the White House, and held it until after his financial catastrophe reminded people why Dems are better).
And you can see it in 2016 (by then, Obama had cleaned up the Bush mess, we again had very low unemployment, and so the voters let Trump try his hand, until he plunged us into the deepest recession since the Great Depression).

That pattern suggests the Dems are in trouble, with unemployment already well below 4%.
Obama increased the debt dramatically.

But, Mina, it isn't just unemployment. When Carter was president, he was weak and inept and the world knew it. Iran held hostages and he took no action. Similarly with Biden and Afh=ghanistan. When a country doesn't have its self-respect as we now see a repeat of Carter with Biden, they get seething mad. Putin is running roughshod over Biden because he knows he can. Biden is weak and feeble, like Carter and a malaise fell over the land, like a dark cloud where everyone was depressed because Carter gave no one any enthusiasm and he was a president of mediocrity and malaise, and didn't really know what to do.

Additionally, Carter was a genuinely nice guy. Biden is not. He is mean and angry all the time and won't talk to the American people to answer their questions. he has a contempt for the hard-working class and just said high gas prices are good because it allows his liberal agenda of all-electric. We see a millionaire chauffeured around saying these things. Trump would NEVER do that. People are seeing this on both sides of the aisle. A ramming through of far left-wing policies even though they are killing the economy and average people's wallets. It's GO GREEN or GO BUST with him. We on the right DESPISE the man and many are beginning to despise the Democrats more interested in sham hearings than what matters most to people which is inflation, gas prices, and illegal immigration. Instead, they want more of that and give us the finger, the Dems are now the party of the elite and corporations, switching roles with the Republicans.

Things were not that bad under Trump's 4 years.

Well Obama left trump something to work with. Of course Donald squandered it by year 4. BTW the birth of this inflation happened under trump.

So actually, trump left Biden a pile of shit!
Mythology...

Back
Top Bottom