• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How can so many israelis live in the USA ?[W:19]

Redbull

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Most americans hate Israel with passion because :
1. they hate the israeli government
2. they oppose foreign aid to Israel
3. They hate the pro israeli lobby AIPAC
4. They hate Israel's treatment of the palestinians
5. they oppose the american unconditional support for Israel

People keep telling me America is a safe heaven for israeli people . I find it hard to believe . As an israeli who dreamed about moving to the states I seem like giving it up due to these reasons. America cannot be a safe heaven for israelis if a majority of americans hold these views of Israel . I know they separate israeli people from the policies of their country , but I still don't wanna befriend anyone who holds thbese negative views of my country 'cause they look down upon me and view me as inferior to other nationalities they don't criticize like the english , french of germans (whose governments and countries they don't hate) .

Yet again, I see way to many israelis living in the USA in almost every possible state. How can that be ? how can they live amongst people that hate them ? how can they be proud of being israeli-americans if they live in a country that's hostile towards them ?

First, the majority of Americans are not anti-israel. I have absolutely no idea where you got that idea, but you certainly didn't get it from real experiences in the states.

Second, Israelis love living here for the same reason everyone does: You can be whatever it is you are without being harassed by the government. Jews can be Jews, Mexicans can be Mexican, and Gays can be gay. There is no oppression of Jews in this country. In fact, they seem to be running the place.

My personal opinion however is that you people need to stop being dicks and just learn how to get along. Sharing is caring. You both have a right to the land, and as I see it, the Palestinians have been making far, far much more effort towards peace than you people have. Try to meet them in the middle. It isn't god's will that you get that land all to yourself. As human beings and adults you have to learn to share it.

So, Israel, start acting like adults and stop acting like victims.

People keep telling me America is a safe heaven for israeli people . I find it hard to believe . As an israeli who dreamed about moving to the states I seem like giving it up due to these reasons. America cannot be a safe heaven for israelis if a majority of americans hold these views of Israel . I know they separate israeli people from the policies of their country , but I still don't wanna befriend anyone who holds thbese negative views of my country 'cause they look down upon me and view me as inferior to other nationalities they don't criticize like the english , french of germans (whose governments and countries they don't hate) .

Yet again, I see way to many israelis living in the USA in almost every possible state. How can that be ? how can they live amongst people that hate them ? how can they be proud of being israeli-americans if they live in a country that's hostile towards them ?

You must be a professional victim.

First, the majority of Americans are not anti-israel. I have absolutely no idea where you got that idea, but you certainly didn't get it from real experiences in the states.

Second, Israelis love living here for the same reason everyone does: You can be whatever it is you are without being harassed by the government. Jews can be Jews, Mexicans can be Mexican, and Gays can be gay. There is no oppression of Jews in this country. In fact, they seem to be running the place.

My personal opinion however is that you people need to stop being dicks and just learn how to get along. Sharing is caring. You both have a right to the land, and as I see it, the Palestinians have been making far, far much more effort towards peace than you people have. Try to meet them in the middle. It isn't god's will that you get that land all to yourself. As human beings and adults you have to learn to share it.

So, Israel, start acting like adults and stop acting like victims.

see that's the reason I cannot live in the USA. People hate israelis like you do. How can I live there if they dislike my country's politics and therefor view me as inferior to ther nationalities ? America is not a good place for israelis and israelis are unwelcome there .

You must be a professional victim.[/Q

your point is ?

you started 2 threads, both of them aimed at condeming americans for not being pro-israel enough, both threads are false. You're just looking for attention and for some sort of weird guilt-inducing trip on others. You are a professional victim.

you started 2 threads, both of them aimed at condeming americans for not being pro-israel enough, both threads are false. You're just looking for attention and for some sort of weird guilt-inducing trip on others. You are a professional victim.

so you hateisraelis too ?

Nazi much ?

see that's the reason I cannot live in the USA. People hate israelis like you do. How can I live there if they dislike my country's politics and therefor view me as inferior to ther nationalities ? America is not a good place for israelis and israelis are unwelcome there .

Are you kidding me? I don't hate Israelis at all, I just think you are acting childish. As I stated, most of America is pro-Israel. (That's probably why we give you billions in aid every year, did you forget?)

I'd like to see some statistics that the majority of Americans hate Israelis.

And on the issue, why do you feel like you should be able to treat Palestinians however the **** you want?

Are you kidding me? I don't hate Israelis at all, I just think you are acting childish. As I stated, most of America is pro-Israel. (That's probably why we give you billions in aid every year, did you forget?)

I'd like to see some statistics that the majority of Americans hate Israelis.

And on the issue, why do you feel like you should be able to treat Palestinians however the **** you want?

Well you hate the israeli politics so you definetly view israelis as inferior to british , french , australians and germans , whose countries and policies you don't hate and have no problem with .

Nazi much ?
Huh? By saying that Jews are very prominent and powerful in American society I'm a nazi? Wtf are you talking about? This is a troll thread isn't it?

I tell you what, I'll take your claims seriously when Israel stops begging America for cash and technology. We're handing you billions every year and you have the balls to tell us we hate you. Unreal.

Well you hate the israeli politics so you definetly view israelis as inferior to british , french , australians and germans , whose countries and policies you don't hate and have no problem with .

So you equate hating politics to hating the people of the country? That's a pretty messed up view point. And how do you know how I feel about the Brits, French, Aussies or Germans?

Huh? By saying that Jews are very prominent and powerful in American society I'm a nazi? Wtf are you talking about? This is a troll thread isn't it?

I tell you what, I'll take your claims seriously when Israel stops begging America for cash and technology. We're handing you billions every year and you have the balls to tell us we hate you. Unreal.

So you equate hating politics to hating the people of the country? That's a pretty messed up view point. And how do you know how I feel about the Brits, French, Aussies or Germans?

so you basically look down to israelis and view them as inferior because their country is depended on yours and because Israel is a small , weak and worthless nation while America is big , proud and powerful .

so you basically look down to israelis and view them as inferior because their country is depended on yours and because Israel is a small , weak and worthless nation while America is big , proud and powerful .

Ok, I can tell you're not interested in a real conversation or even debate. You've done nothing but build up strawmen. When you're ready to produce facts and statistics that the US hates you (even though we give you 7.5 million every single day), and you're ready to stop calling us all nazis and Israeli haters, I'll be here.

Ok, I can tell you're not interested in a real conversation or even debate. You've done nothing but build up strawmen. When you're ready to produce facts and statistics that the US hates you (even though we give you 7.5 million every single day), and you're ready to stop calling us all nazis and Israeli haters, I'll be here.

that's not what i'm saying. you said hateful things about israelis. I'm asking you about your personal opinion. You seem to think israelis are inferior to you because of their country .

that's not what i'm saying. you said hateful things about israelis. I'm asking you about your personal opinion. You seem to think israelis are inferior to you because of their country .

Saying you're acting like children is not hateful. You refuse to negotiate or share in any way shape or form. It's 100% Israeli control or nothing. No compromise. That's how children act. Adults learn to live in society and respect their neighbors.

And you called me a nazi, by the way, which is another childish example.

Saying you're acting like children is not hateful. You refuse to negotiate or share in any way shape or form. It's 100% Israeli control or nothing. No compromise. That's how children act. Adults learn to live in society and respect their neighbors.

If you followed the news , it is the israeli left that controls negotiations now , and they support giving the palestinians what they want, so your complaints (unless directed against the israeli right wing jerks) are irrelevant.

Moderator's Warning:
Thread moved to ME Forum. Just a heads up that Martial Law is now in effect. ML is a zero-tolerance ruleset coupled with enhanced consequences. It is strongly recommended that all members read the ME Forum Rules before posting. Thank you.

are you real ?

I don't believe that at all. I think it's a relative minority of people who have "hate" for your government. Most of us might wish we didn't give aid to ANY foreign country, but that's nothing personal.

I would disagree with that. Lately it's been the Palestinians demanding a moratorium on settlement construction as a precondition to negotiations. The Israelis have been willing to negotiate and have not demanded a precondition for negotiations.

Come on. Suggesting the Jews "seem to be running things" is almost a textbook example of anti-Semitism. It's been the mantra of Jew-haters since the beginning of the 20th century (with the Protocols).

I'm going to note that I think that Redbull's position on this matter is erroneous, but he is on the mark here.

I would disagree with that. Lately it's been the Palestinians demanding a moratorium on settlement construction as a precondition to negotiations. The Israelis have been willing to negotiate and have not demanded a precondition for negotiations.

Come on. Suggesting the Jews "seem to be running things" is almost a textbook example of anti-Semitism. It's been the mantra of Jew-haters since the beginning of the 20th century (with the Protocols).

I'm going to note that I think that Redbull's position on this matter is erroneous, but he is on the mark here.

I don't see how that's anti-semitic at all. It's a fact, there is a very large number of Jews in very important and prominent roles in our society. I never said that was a good or bad thing, just a matter of fact. The point was to prove redbull had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. He tried to make it seem like the US is extremely anti-Jew when in reality it's the exact opposite.

I don't see how that's anti-semitic at all. It's a fact, there is a very large number of Jews in very important and prominent roles in our society

That's different than saying the Jews are "running things." You're normally alright, so I don't think you meant anything by it. It can be easily misinterpreted, however.

Back
Top Bottom