• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How can responsible people vote for democrats?

Lord of Planar

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Seriously.

How can responsible people vote democrat, when the party is constantly trying to take money away from responsible people, to give to the irresponsible?

99.9% of the population according to LOP is "irresponsible".
I think you beat Hillary's deplorable remark by a lot.

Seriously.

How can responsible people vote democrat, when the party is constantly trying to take money away from responsible people, to give to the irresponsible?

Everyone sees the world differently. When I was saving money to buy a house, I talked with a co-worker about my plans and how much I had saved. He thought I was being a fool. With that money he would have made a down payment on a BMW or Mercedes, bought some fancy suits and gold watches and hit the clubs. He couldn't understand why I would "waste" it saving for an ok house in a middle-class neighborhood. Your idea of responsible government is very different from other peoples' ideas.

Everyone sees the world differently. When I was saving money to buy a house, I talked with a co-worker about my plans and how much I had saved. He thought I was being a fool. With that money he would have made a down payment on a BMW or Mercedes, bought some fancy suits and gold watches and hit the clubs. He couldn't understand why I would "waste" it saving for an ok house in a middle-class neighborhood. Your idea of responsible government is very different from other peoples' ideas.

I'm glad I will be likely dead before we become the USSA.

;)

fab41de142adf0529f677f57a192998a21ce3f12.jpg

Seriously.

How? By going to the ballot box with their choices. As far as yer fantasy about loans that is a separate issue.

I just don't understand why you'd want to live in a middle class neighborhood.

99.9% of the population according to LOP is "irresponsible".
I think you beat Hillary's deplorable remark by a lot.

We all can't be rather overly wealthy such as Lord of Planer
Trademark_TM-512.png

it's an easy enough answer. polls regularly show that ninety percent of Republicans support Bleachy McImpeachy no matter what he does, so that rounds to all of them. that's what i'll be voting against, and the Democrats are the only viable opposition.

Seriously.

I have always voted for the person I believed would do the best job and has many of my values. Even when I was I registered Republican I never voted the "party line". One should look at the issue or the person they are voting for and make a choice.

imo, There are fractions of the Democratic Party that are pushing far left ideas. There are fractions in the Republican Party that are pushing far right ideas.

So I will ask you how can a responsible person vote for Donald Trump if he is the sole of the Republican Party?

Seriously.

By getting off their posterior and casting their votes a majority of Americans will register their "responsibility" come November.

Check out the polls listed on RealClear Politics.com.

RealClearPolitics - 2020 - Latest Polls!

15X responsible folks chose Biden over Trump.
2X Trump won a poll.
Investor's Business Daily poll was a tie.

You are so nice. I'm glad that someone on this forum can remain so restrained.

Each day I tell myself I'm going to post only uplifting reaffirming messages.
And then when I log on and find myself faced with the depraved misinformation, lies and hate that drives so many Original Posts, my anger rises and I feel the urge to strike back.

I have always voted for the person I believed would do the best job and has many of my values. Even when I was I registered Republican I never voted the "party line". One should look at the issue or the person they are voting for and make a choice.

imo, There are fractions of the Democratic Party that are pushing far left ideas. There are fractions in the Republican Party that are pushing far right ideas.

So I will ask you how can a responsible person vote for Donald Trump if he is the sole of the Republican Party?

Today, May 1st, 2020, YOU are my hero. Thank you for a true moderate sentiment.

Unlike Lord of Planar, I have split ticket voted. Despite being a Democrat most of my adult life, I was for a short while a registered Republican because I had turned my back on Bill Clinton.
That was the one time I voted in anger. I voted for a Texas Governor I knew little about--except that his father had gone from Congress to Director CIA to the Oval Office.
GWB gave us the Invasion of Iraq, and all that entailed: lying about WMDs, a huge war debt, tens of thousands killed and maimed, and the Middle Eastern vacuum we caused.

Seriously.

Says person who votes for politicians who, in a good economy:

1. Take a 100+ billion surplus and turn it into 400 billion deficits with tax cuts for the richest followed by a War based on misinformation;

2. Take a 500+ billion deficit and turn it into 1 trillion+ deficits in the "best economy ever" with tax cuts, again mostly benefiting the richest.

:lamo

Today, May 1st, 2020, YOU are my hero. Thank you for a true moderate sentiment.

Unlike Lord of Planar, I have split ticket voted. Despite being a Democrat most of my adult life, I was for a short while a registered Republican because I had turned my back on Bill Clinton.
That was the one time I voted in anger. I voted for a Texas Governor I knew little about--except that his father had gone from Congress to Director CIA to the Oval Office.
GWB gave us the Invasion of Iraq, and all that entailed: lying about WMDs, a huge war debt, tens of thousands killed and maimed, and the Middle Eastern vacuum we caused.

I make a few statements and you think ypou know me?

Wow...

I generally vote republican, but as the lesser of two evils. There hasn't been anyone worth my support for years. I actually voted for my current representative in the House, Earl Blumenauer.

Says person who votes for politicians who, in a good economy:

1. Take a 100+ billion surplus and turn it into 400 billion deficits with tax cuts for the richest followed by a War based on misinformation;

2. Take a 500+ billion deficit and turn it into 1 trillion+ deficits in the "best economy ever" with tax cuts, again mostly benefiting the richest.

:lamo

I see...

You think the president controls trhe economy?

LOL...

LOL...

LOL...

They can have an effect, but keep in mind. Clinton was just in the right place at the right time. The Tech boom had already started.

Seriously?

Yes.

I have to vote for less constraint on us. Now if you like authoritarianism, be my guest. Note for the party who likes to control others.

Last edited:
Let me get my seer stone to decipher what you said.

OK...

Tell us. How many democrats aren't promising more special rights laws, and more subsidies taken from the tax coffers? Or promising to make the evil rich pay?

I see no redeeming qualities in most politicians, and democrats are twice as bad as republicans.

OK...

Tell us. How many democrats aren't promising more special rights laws, and more subsidies taken from the tax coffers? Or promising to make the evil rich pay?

I see no redeeming qualities in most politicians, and democrats are twice as bad as republicans.

I generally put both parties in the same trash can.

I generally put both parties in the same trash can.

I decide to make this thread as a response to the one titled "Poll: Why do educated voters LIKE Donald Trump?"

Completely ignoring that there should be one titled "Why do educated voters LIKE Joe Biden?"

I decide to make this thread as a response to the one titled "Poll: Why do educated voters LIKE Donald Trump?"

Completely ignoring that there should be one titled "Why do educated voters LIKE Joe Biden?"

I view them both as a study in antiquity.

Back
Top Bottom