• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How can one become Liberal?

ptsdkid

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
What sparked my interest in this liberal ideology is in noticing that many liberals on these political forums actually belong to or want to start an organization called the ‘LIBERAL ADMIRATION SOCIETY’. Even die-hard liberals got to be getting a chuckle over that title.
The obvious question is, What is there to admire about a liberal? In order for me to become a liberal I would have to think and act like one, leave common sense behind, leave pride and honor behind, have no recognizable agenda other than attacking Christians, our military, our foreign mission, successful Americans, corporations, our traditions, our laws, our religion, our Constitution, our flag, our integrity, and our institutions of higher learning etc.
So the overriding question here would be what attractive allure would there be for say a moderate, or an independent, or a confused conservative to want to join ranks as a 21st century liberal?
Could someone please give me a solid liberal belief system, or any solid liberal actions that actually made America stronger both economically and militarily? Give me/us the liberal ideology or plan that would keep America safer than it already is under conservative leadership from terrorism. Give me/us the liberal plan that would unite and bind the family unit together for a long time. Sorry, abortion tends to divide families, try something else. Give me the liberal religious network (even if it’s atheism) that would have a more people binding accomplishment than say Christianity would.
Tell me/us what the liberal substitute for competition would be in our free market system. Would the quota and affirmative Action plans come into play as a substitute for competition? Tell me/us how the voucher system would be bad as competition to our failing public school systems.
Is it the liberal agenda to do away with competition, create then harness class warfare, tax the rich/successful/achievers in our society, shackle and condemn corporations for giving the masses a job and healthy benefits, and to make it easier for society’s drop-outs and losers by enrolling them into every benefit we can squeeze out of an overly generous Uncle Sam?
I would appreciate some constructive liberal response here as I am literally sitting on the fence. I’m not totally happy, nor am I as rich as I would like to be as a Conservative.
If you think liberalism offers a better/easier and more fruitful lifestyle for me and my ever dependent family--then I sure would be grateful to those that can show me the light. I always had lived by Ronald Reagan’s motto of “pulling oneself up by their bootstraps”. I’m not too proud that I couldn’t change my ways where I might suckle the big government t*t for a while, but I would still need encouragement from a more informed liberal contingent first before taking the plunge. Thanks.

KidTim

I am slowly finding myself associating with this label.....Primarily because of people like yourself....Thank You. By observing the opposite end of the spectrum in these forums (Neo-Con), I have been forced Further and further from the position I once held (republican) largely due to a need to distance myself from the intellectual Vacuum projected by those representing the conservative agenda.
The post above is an excellent example of this....you do not even realize the effect such blatant disrespect has on those who might agree with you on one issue or another. By acting the part of a baffoon....you make many wary of any association with you, and by extention those things you may stand for. Had you actually asked the question....instead of showing such poisoned disdain for a large portion of the population, you might have made someone listen...as it is, I would hope anyone with an IQ above 80 takes a step to the other side of this ripped apart political stage.

Keep going....you are doing us all a service.

ptsdkid said:
What sparked my interest in this liberal ideology is in noticing that many liberals on these political forums actually belong to or want to start an organization called the ‘LIBERAL ADMIRATION SOCIETY’. Even die-hard liberals got to be getting a chuckle over that title.
The obvious question is, What is there to admire about a liberal? In order for me to become a liberal I would have to think and act like one, leave common sense behind, leave pride and honor behind, have no recognizable agenda other than attacking Christians, our military, our foreign mission, successful Americans, corporations, our traditions, our laws, our religion, our Constitution, our flag, our integrity, and our institutions of higher learning etc.
So the overriding question here would be what attractive allure would there be for say a moderate, or an independent, or a confused conservative to want to join ranks as a 21st century liberal?
Could someone please give me a solid liberal belief system, or any solid liberal actions that actually made America stronger both economically and militarily? Give me/us the liberal ideology or plan that would keep America safer than it already is under conservative leadership from terrorism. Give me/us the liberal plan that would unite and bind the family unit together for a long time. Sorry, abortion tends to divide families, try something else. Give me the liberal religious network (even if it’s atheism) that would have a more people binding accomplishment than say Christianity would.
Tell me/us what the liberal substitute for competition would be in our free market system. Would the quota and affirmative Action plans come into play as a substitute for competition? Tell me/us how the voucher system would be bad as competition to our failing public school systems.
Is it the liberal agenda to do away with competition, create then harness class warfare, tax the rich/successful/achievers in our society, shackle and condemn corporations for giving the masses a job and healthy benefits, and to make it easier for society’s drop-outs and losers by enrolling them into every benefit we can squeeze out of an overly generous Uncle Sam?
I would appreciate some constructive liberal response here as I am literally sitting on the fence. I’m not totally happy, nor am I as rich as I would like to be as a Conservative.
If you think liberalism offers a better/easier and more fruitful lifestyle for me and my ever dependent family--then I sure would be grateful to those that can show me the light. I always had lived by Ronald Reagan’s motto of “pulling oneself up by their bootstraps”. I’m not too proud that I couldn’t change my ways where I might suckle the big government t*t for a while, but I would still need encouragement from a more informed liberal contingent first before taking the plunge. Thanks.

KidTim

Liberals, blech! They have done nothing for this nation, in fact, their little do-gooder programs have always brought us down. If you are unsatisfied as a conservative though, you should give libertarianism a try.

Libertarianism.com

Holistic Politics

Advocates For Self-Government

Quiz 2D

Axismaster said:
Liberals, blech! They have done nothing for this nation, in fact, their little do-gooder programs have always brought us down. If you are unsatisfied as a conservative though, you should give libertarianism a try.

Libertarianism.com

Holistic Politics

Advocates For Self-Government

Quiz 2D

Prove it. Prove that every single liberal program brought us down. You can start with public education for everyone, safe working environment and making child labor illegal.

Please don't presume that my views are those of every democrat out there, I don't want you to take it that I represent all liberal ideologies, but just to give you a view:
1. There is no national religion for America, even though there may be a majority of Christians in this country, you can't force everyone to follow or agree to a certain religion (that, is actually, part of the Bill of Rights)
2. To provide safety of the people, why not protect citizens by stopping the government from imposing on individual freedoms.
3. I am all for a nasty, bloody, enduring war, but I want a valid reason for us to fight fight before we sacrifice the lives of thousands of young Americans.
4. I am all for Christianity and the rest, as long as these Christians don't condemn or force their veiws onto others, or use "GOD" as an excuse to go to war.
5. Why not let some people who aren't as fortunate or intelligent say, have health care or other benefits that (I believe) should be taken for granted. Let's not screw the poor because they're poor (though I do believe that welfare should not be given out as freely, canidates should be scrutinized carefully)
6. I feel like a tape recorder saying my views on abortion, Pro-Life is different from por-abortion, figure that one out for yourself.
I'm sorry I couldn't cover the entire list of your concerns and or beliefs, but I have to leave soon, and I want some smarter liberals (or independent's, or whatever your affiliation is, or no affiliation) to represent the finer and more intricate views of democratic idealogies.

Kelzie said:
Prove it. Prove that every single liberal program brought us down. You can start with public education for everyone, safe working environment and making child labor illegal.

I never said every policy was bad for America.

Axismaster said:
I never said every policy was bad for America.

What?!? Hello? Did you read this before you posted it?

Axismaster said:
They have done nothing for this nation, in fact, their little do-gooder programs have always brought us down.

It's like, four posts up. Now prove it or retract it.

Kelzie said:
What?!? Hello? Did you read this before you posted it?

It's like, four posts up. Now prove it or retract it.

You guys always go back to things like child labor and minimum wage laws, which I support. I am only talking about the conspiracy to impose communism on America.

Axismaster said:
You guys always go back to things like child labor and minimum wage laws, which I support. I am only talking about the conspiracy to impose communism on America.

Holy ****? You know about that? Who leaked it?!? God damn it, this ruins all the plans. We're gonna have to start Operation Tin Foil Hat immediately now. Ten years of planning, down the drain.

Kelzie said:
Holy ****? You know about that? Who leaked it?!? God damn it, this ruins all the plans. We're gonna have to start Operation Tin Foil Hat immediately now. Ten years of planning, down the drain.

Even a person as literal as me knows you are joking. Still, the left-wing establishment uses unsuspecting rank and file liberals like you to advance its radical, anti-American adgenda.

Axismaster said:
Even a person as literal as me knows you are joking. Still, the left-wing establishment uses unsuspecting rank and file liberals like you to advance its radical, anti-American adgenda.

You're nuts, man. Why do you see a conspiracy and anti-Americanism when there is none?

Axismaster said:

....Uh....um.........Wow....just wow

Engimo said:
You're nuts, man. Why do you see a conspiracy and anti-Americanism when there is none?

Like Orwell said, "Sometimes the things that are hardest for you to see are right in front of your nose."

Go to Infowars to find out what those things are.

tecoyah said:

I am slowly finding myself associating with this label.....Primarily because of people like yourself....Thank You. By observing the opposite end of the spectrum in these forums (Neo-Con), I have been forced Further and further from the position I once held (republican) largely due to a need to distance myself from the intellectual Vacuum projected by those representing the conservative agenda.
The post above is an excellent example of this....you do not even realize the effect such blatant disrespect has on those who might agree with you on one issue or another. By acting the part of a baffoon....you make many wary of any association with you, and by extention those things you may stand for. Had you actually asked the question....instead of showing such poisoned disdain for a large portion of the population, you might have made someone listen...as it is, I would hope anyone with an IQ above 80 takes a step to the other side of this ripped apart political stage.

Keep going....you are doing us all a service.

****It's obvious you think I should stay with my conservative leanings, since you failed to give one liberal belief or action that had or would benefit our nation or us as Americans. Thanks anyway for your trouble.

KidTim

ptsdkid said:
****It's obvious you think I should stay with my conservative leanings, since you failed to give one liberal belief or action that had or would benefit our nation or us as Americans. Thanks anyway for your trouble.

KidTim

Didn't we go over this?

Child-labor laws. Worker Safety laws. Food cleanliness and safety laws. Consumer safety laws. FDIC insurance. Minimum wage laws. Medicare. Welfare. The list goes on.

Originally posted by ptsdkid
What do you mean 'one'? This is a liberal nation!

Engimo said:
Didn't we go over this?

Child-labor laws. Worker Safety laws. Food cleanliness and safety laws. Consumer safety laws. FDIC insurance. Minimum wage laws. Medicare. Welfare. The list goes on.

****You didn't quite get specific with how bleeding the government (our taxes) dry for hand out programs like welfare and medicare has actually helped America to grow or to become stronger. No where in our Constitution does it say that we have to feed, clothe or give housing to the poor. That's where individual charity along with giving Christian networks come to the aid. Why put these hand out burdens on the hard working taxpayers of our land?

KidTim

ptsdkid said:
****You didn't quite get specific with how bleeding the government (our taxes) dry for hand out programs like welfare and medicare has actually helped America to grow or to become stronger. No where in our Constitution does it say that we have to feed, clothe or give housing to the poor. That's where individual charity along with giving Christian networks come to the aid. Why put these hand out burdens on the hard working taxpayers of our land?

KidTim

I'm afraid the benefit of feeding the poor isn't something you can explain to someone who needs it explained to them.

Originally posted by Kelzie:
I'm afraid the benefit of feeding the poor isn't something you can explain to someone who needs it explained to them.
Ain't that the truth!

ptsdkid said:
What sparked my interest in this liberal ideology is in noticing that many liberals on these political forums actually belong to or want to start an organization called the ‘LIBERAL ADMIRATION SOCIETY’.

If you're referring to the link in my signature that leads to a post right here on DP, surely you've taken the time to look at it and realize that it was started as a JOKE?!?!

There's one thing to be said for liberals right there....we're funny....we can make a joke, we can understand jokes, we can inject humor into things and still have the rest of our message taken seriously.

ptsdkid said:

KidTim

How does it feel living in the your black and white world??

Kelzie said:

And yet, the handouts he lives on are okay. :roll:

vergiss said:
And yet, the handouts he lives on are okay. :roll:

Well...he did almost have to consider what it would be like to be in a situation that might have forced him to think about killing someone. That can be pretty traumatic.....hell....I have no problem paying into his twinkie fund. If only because It also supports people like Navy Pride if he ever needs it.

ptsdkid said:

KidTim

You know what's so pathetic about your post, ptsdkid? As I have stated previously, I work for the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, and I directly review claims for benefits that people like you submit. What's so interesting is that if you polled the people who grant the most benefits, I would bet that at least 75% of those people are LIBERALS. It is fascinating to see the conservatives DENY DENY DENY the benefits that some of our veterans seek. So do me a favor and take your $4000 a month from the government--tax free--and stick it where the sun don't shine.

In order for you to think like a liberal, you would need only one thing--A HEART.

aps said:
You know what's so pathetic about your post, ptsdkid? As I have stated previously, I work for the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, and I directly review claims for benefits that people like you submit. What's so interesting is that if you polled the people who grant the most benefits, I would bet that at least 75% of those people are LIBERALS. It is fascinating to see the conservatives DENY DENY DENY the benefits that some of our veterans seek. So do me a favor and take your $4000 a month from the government--tax free--and stick it where the sun don't shine.

In order for you to think like a liberal, you would need only one thing--A HEART.

***You libs are so predictable. I knew that I would get a string of liberal responders that would resort to bashing instead of giving just one promising liberal ideal or action that would help America maintain it's strength.
I guess I could never be a liberal because I don't share that 'bleeding heart' that you're so famous for displaying. I prefer to work on keeping my heart strong.
And that tax free money comes as a result of my fighting for this country--not as some kind of indolent welfare cheat or aging gutter whino.

KidTim

Back
Top Bottom