• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How can conservatives oppose endless wars when they helped create them in the first place?

Yes_Minister

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
How can conservatives oppose endless wars when they helped create them in the first place? George W. Bush was the one who started these endless wars and his conservative media allies like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity supported him. Also, I know the conservatives are going to say that Biden and Clinton voted for the Iraq War and that is true, my point stands, Bush was the main driver of that war, not Biden and Clinton, and the conservative base supported him. Should conservatives take personal responsibility for their role in the endless wars, because it doesn't seem like they want to:

Rush Limbaugh Says Same Democrats Who Tricked George W. Bush Into Iraq War and WMDs Are Now Pushing Trump-Russia Evidence

Also Trump increased the amount of drone strikes, it seems like he is in favor of the endless wars:

Under Donald Trump, drone strikes far exceed Obama's numbers - Chicago Sun-Times

Conservatives also seem to claim to oppose endless wars, but they support massive military spending, which feeds the military industrail complex and its desire for more wars:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ary-industrial-complex-its-vastly-bigger-now/

Shouldn't the US spend less on the military and more money at home, if you want to end the endless wars?

Forget it, US foreign policy has been getting us into the **** for decades now... if not longer.

All of a sudden Trump gets sworn in as president and no more endless wars are created. You think it's a coincidence?

How can conservatives oppose endless wars when they helped create them in the first place? George W. Bush was the one who started these endless wars and his conservative media allies like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity supported him. Also, I know the conservatives are going to say that Biden and Clinton voted for the Iraq War and that is true, my point stands, Bush was the main driver of that war, not Biden and Clinton, and the conservative base supported him. Should conservatives take personal responsibility for their role in the endless wars, because it doesn't seem like they want to:

Rush Limbaugh Says Same Democrats Who Tricked George W. Bush Into Iraq War and WMDs Are Now Pushing Trump-Russia Evidence

Also Trump increased the amount of drone strikes, it seems like he is in favor of the endless wars:

Under Donald Trump, drone strikes far exceed Obama's numbers - Chicago Sun-Times

Conservatives also seem to claim to oppose endless wars, but they support massive military spending, which feeds the military-industrial complex and its desire for more wars:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ary-industrial-complex-its-vastly-bigger-now/

Shouldn't the US spend less on the military and more money at home, if you want to end the endless wars?

I am almost with you except (1) Bush may have been the victim of the CIA-led swamp that always craves wars. (2) Bush was never a conservative. A classical RINO who invented "compassionate conservatism".

That text in bold is as if I wrote it myself. Spot on. And that is why to me Trump is not a conservative and why I will vote against him and the RINO's. They are not capable of being a ruling party.

All of a sudden Trump gets sworn in as president and no more endless wars are created. You think it's a coincidence?

Nope, the endless wars still exist:

Trump’s Drone War Is Less Accountable Than Ever

Trump is another GOP warmonger, just like Bush was. War Hawks are in the DNA of the GOP.

Also should Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld Hannity, Limbaugh etc apologize for their roles in promoting the endless wars?

I am almost with you except (1) Bush may have been the victim of the CIA-led swamp that always craves wars. (2) Bush was never a conservative. A classical RINO who invented "compassionate conservatism".

That text in bold is as if I wrote it myself. Spot on. And that is why to me Trump is not a conservative and why I will vote against him and the RINOs. They are not capable of being a ruling party.

Fair enough, but almost no one called Bush a RINO in 2003 when it could have mattered, and almost no one calls Trump a RINO nowadays. Guys like Hannity and Limbaugh carried water for both of them. But hey, at least we agree on the bolded part and I do not like the CIA much either, but I think ultimately the war can be laid at the feet of George W. Bush and his administration.

Last edited:
Trump hates endless wars more than he hates Antifa and BLM rioters. He's your typical American hero.

Trump hates endless wars more than he hates Antifa and BLM rioters. He's your typical American hero.

Then why did he continue and increase the drone war? Did you not see those articles I posted about this on this thread?

If you guys wanted someone who actually would have ended the wars, you would have supported Bernie Sanders, because Trump is just another GOP war hawk, war hawks are in the DNA of that party.

Last edited:
Then why did he continue and increase the drone war? Did you not see those articles I posted about this on this thread?

I thought drones were good because they kill allahu akbars before they can set off their own bomb vests.

My God

Right wing propaganda is very effective

I thought drones were good because they kill allahu akbars before they can set off their own bomb vests.

So then Trump did not end the endless wars, did he? Racist jokes are not coherent arguments. Seems like you support the endless drone war, which means you support the endless wars, if you didn't you would say the drone war is bad and should stop. You are a war supporter.

Drones can detect your kids smoking weed in the school parking lot at football games too so they have that going for them as well.

Drones can detect your kids smoking weed in the school parking lot at football games too so they have that going for them as well.

You are hilarious Shecky. :roll:

Last edited:

Conservatives also seem to claim to oppose endless wars, but they support massive military spending, which feeds the military industrail complex and its desire for more wars:

Conservatives did not help create endless wars, conservatives and liberals did.

Since vietnam america has been in some official war or some police action or low intensity conflict through every administration. Trump is opposite of liberals and conservatives as he not only campaigned on it he has been delivering on it.

If he wins re election he has 4 more years to hopefully deliver on it as his feud with iran is scary as an actual war against iran would make iraq look like a cakewalk due to their terrain and squad level tactics and urban warfare tactics, that would truly be a forever war dropping nukes.

But on the why are conservatives against forever war? Probably because they were the ones supporting them, many of them volunteering to fight them, and have grown tired of them watching american dollars go to waste and american soldiers killed to make no ground. The real question would be why are liberals suddenly pro war right when trump tried to leave afghanistan and also leave iraq again after being in those countries so long and having nearly nothing to show for it.

Maybe liberals should ask themselves if they are still liberal if they suddenly support endless forever wars.

Conservatives don't alway agree with other conservative - if we did we'd be like liberals.

Conservatives did not help create endless wars, conservatives and liberals did.

Since vietnam america has been in some official war or some police action or low intensity conflict through every administration. Trump is opposite of liberals and conservatives as he not only campaigned on it he has been delivering on it.

If he wins re election he has 4 more years to hopefully deliver on it as his feud with iran is scary as an actual war against iran would make iraq look like a cakewalk due to their terrain and squad level tactics and urban warfare tactics, that would truly be a forever war dropping nukes.

But on the why are conservatives against forever war? Probably because they were the ones supporting them, many of them volunteering to fight them, and have grown tired of them watching american dollars go to waste and american soldiers killed to make no ground. The real question would be why are liberals suddenly pro war right when trump tried to leave afghanistan and also leave iraq again after being in those countries so long and having nearly nothing to show for it.

Maybe liberals should ask themselves if they are still liberal if they suddenly support endless forever wars.

Except Trump did not end the endless wars, he expanded the drone wars. I posted 2 articles about that, he is a GOP war hawk.

You are correct though, liberals like Obama did nothing to end the wars, which is I am a leftist, not a liberal. I think only someone like Bernie Sanders would have ended the wars.

It still doesn't change the fact that Bush and his neocon supporters started these wars to begin with and conservatives do not want to take responsibility for them.

Conservatives don't alway agree with other conservative - if we did we'd be like liberals.

So were guys like Limbaugh and Hannity wrong for supporting the wars and should take responsibility for their actions?

You know the whole leftists are a hive mind meme is about the furthest thing from the truth I can think of, tons of left-wingers get into arguments with each other, over a million different things.

Except Trump did not end the endless wars, he expanded the drone wars. I posted 2 articles about that, he is a GOP war hawk.

You are correct though, liberals like Obama did nothing to end the wars, which is I am a leftist, not a liberal. I think only someone like Bernie Sanders would have ended the wars.

It still doesn't change the fact that Bush and his neocon supporters started these wars to begin with and conservatives do not want to take responsibility for them.

I don't know bush did not have part in conflicts in syria and libya, obama had plenty of warfare under his administration, all it did was move from direct warfare to proxy warfare, the same thing happened after vietnam with the american public sick of war. All proxy war involves is training and arming moderate rebels to fight a war for you, those wars may not have american boots on ground in any large number, but they produce death and destruction none the less.

Reagan and obama loved them proxy wars, clinton did as well as his intervention in kosovo, and reagans in grenada. Every admin has in one way or another continued warfare. As far as your link it mentions obama more than trump then claims civilian estimates of deaths as the reason, then claims slightly less accountability as him increasing drone wars. In trumps actual record he has tried to get america out of syria and libya conflicts, and avoided proxy wars despite pentagon lifetimers fighting him all the way. Where trump has me worried is iran and venezuela, as I do fear he will break his ideals at some point, as he would likely end the conflicts in one region and start new ones elsewhere.

No. The only thing wrong with those wars is that the U.S. didn't do what it takes to win them.

I don't know bush did not have part in conflicts in syria and libya, obama had plenty of warfare under his administration, all it did was move from direct warfare to proxy warfare, the same thing happened after vietnam with the american public sick of war. All proxy war involves is training and arming moderate rebels to fight a war for you, those wars may not have american boots on ground in any large number, but they produce death and destruction none the less.

Reagan and obama loved them proxy wars, clinton did as well as his intervention in kosovo, and reagans in grenada. Every admin has in one way or another continued warfare. As far as your link it mentions obama more than trump then claims civilian estimates of deaths as the reason, then claims slightly less accountability as him increasing drone wars. In trumps actual record he has tried to get america out of syria and libya conflicts, and avoided proxy wars despite pentagon lifetimers fighting him all the way. Where trump has me worried is iran and venezuela, as I do fear he will break his ideals at some point, as he would likely end the conflicts in one region and start new ones elsewhere.

Trump still increased the drone wars, he is no peacemaker and we should not treat him like one, he is another GOP war hawk. The GOP is still a party of the military-industrial complex.

You are right about Obama of course, I do think Bush started a bunch of these wars and the new wave of militarism America experienced after 9/11, I do not think the US got in as deep anywhere has it did with Iraq, but you are correct about Obama's proxy wars. Again this why I am leftist not a liberal, Bernie Sanders would have done more to end the wars than Trump, Clinton or Biden ever would.

No. The only thing wrong with those wars is that the U.S. didn't do what it takes to win them.

So you support the endless wars then? Is Trump wrong when he says the endless wars are bad or do you think he is lying and secretly agrees with you about supporting the endless wars?

So you support the endless wars then? Is Trump wrong when he says the endless wars are bad or do you think he is lying and secretly agrees with you about supporting the endless wars?

No. Trump is simply wrong. I don't support "endless wars". I support the U.S fighting and winning the right wars.

Trump still increased the drone wars, he is no peacemaker and we should not treat him like one, he is another GOP war hawk. The GOP is still a party of the military-industrial complex.

The so called "military-industrial complex" basically died when the Cold War ended and the U.S. military was drastically cut back (by about 30-40%.)

So were guys like Limbaugh and Hannity wrong for supporting the wars and should take responsibility for their actions?

You know the whole leftists are a hive mind meme is about the furthest thing from the truth I can think of, tons of left-wingers get into arguments with each other, over a million different things.
Yeah, they've got you trained to say that, too. :roll:

Name me a few front line lefties that don't toe the party line.

Back
Top Bottom