• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How can any atheist vote for Joe Biden?

joko104

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
It is often pointed out that Joe Biden takes Catholic communion ( the Eucharist) every week. That means once a week he believes he is literally eating the flesh and drinking the blood of a Jew executed over 2000 years ago - and believes that Jew was born to a virgin teenager made pregnant by God - and if you don't agree with him then you are going to be unthinkably tortured for all eternity in hell.

If you are an atheist, how can you vote for someone you obviously believe is a wacko religious nutcase? This seems particularly true since most of you claim Donald Trump doesn't believe any of that at all, despite holding up a Bible.

It is often pointed out that Joe Biden takes Catholic communion ( the Eucharist) every week. That means once a week he believes he is literally eating the flesh and drinking the blood of a Jew executed over 2000 years ago - and believes that Jew was born to a virgin teenager made pregnant by God - and if you don't agree with him then you are going to be unthinkably tortured for all eternity in hell.

If you are an atheist, how can you vote for someone you obviously believe is a wacko religious nutcase? This seems particularly true since most of you claim Donald Trump doesn't believe any of that at all, despite holding up a Bible.

The answer to your question: because we don’t want to die in a preventable plague.

You’re welcome!

The answer to your question: because we don’t want to die in a preventable plague.

You’re welcome!

Because Biden believes plagues come from God and he will get God to prevent them in the future?

Or because you want at least 60 million American plague infections as happened when HE was in charge of a plague? Is 60 million Americans infected by a plague enough for you?

Because Biden believes plagues come from God and he will get God to prevent them in the future?

Or because you want at least 60 million American plague infections as happened when HE was in charge of a plague? Is 60 million Americans infected by a plague enough for you?

But no one died and we didn’t close down. So yes, I will take Biden’s plague over TRump’s. THat’s a just a sucker offer.

giphy.gif

Of all the quarter-baked attempts to attack Biden ...

As if an atheist has any choice here. In christian america no would be politician gets such power unless they claim they are a theist.

Unlike conservative Christians atheists think each person is responsible for their own religion and don't have any need to interfere with what others believe. And I'm pretty sure the only torture Biden is into are his long rambling speeches.

When did holding up a Bible become a religion?LOL

I used to think there where no stupid questions. You have proved that wrong on many occasions, and again now. Lets see how many ways I can find off the top of my head that your question is stupid:

1: If I want a president who believes exactly as I do, the only option would be to become president myself.

2: All religions to my mind believe stupid things. Trump is a presbyterian, so his religious beliefs are just as stupid.

3: Neither I nor most people in the US have a religious test to be president.

4: His religious beliefs do not negatively impact me nor the country.

5: In a race between two people, I choose the one best suited for the job, not the one of a particular religion.

6: Holding up a bible does not make you religious.

I could easily think of more, but I think the point is made. I give your trolling attempt a 0, no one is upset, no point is made, you have only succeeded in generating laughter at how stupid your OP is.

I think it's hilarious that Trump supporters are now trying to attack Biden by claiming he's both too Christian and not Christian enough. Anybody voting for Donald Trump needs to have their head checked.

Your bigotry is showing.
Just think of the fun you'd be having if the Democrats nominated a Jew.

Because he’s better than Trump.

OP, you can't completely rule out voting for religious candidates. If you do you might miss some good ones like the much revered Ronald Reagan. On the other hand if you're talking about Bible thumpers the likes of Jimmy Carter I see your point.

Last edited:

A candidate’s religion or lack of (in the case of Trump) should have nothing to do with how you vote, period

But no one died and we didn’t close down. So yes, I will take Biden’s plague over TRump’s. THat’s a just a sucker offer.

"No one died." :roll: No one has died of covid-19 too.

I used to think there where no stupid questions. You have proved that wrong on many occasions, and again now. Lets see how many ways I can find off the top of my head that your question is stupid:

1: If I want a president who believes exactly as I do, the only option would be to become president myself.

2: All religions to my mind believe stupid things. Trump is a presbyterian, so his religious beliefs are just as stupid.

3: Neither I nor most people in the US have a religious test to be president.

4: His religious beliefs do not negatively impact me nor the country.

5: In a race between two people, I choose the one best suited for the job, not the one of a particular religion.

6: Holding up a bible does not make you religious.

I could easily think of more, but I think the point is made. I give your trolling attempt a 0, no one is upset, no point is made, you have only succeeded in generating laughter at how stupid your OP is.

How is this "trolling?" This thread was started due to Democrats claiming Catholics are pedophile and other ranting against Catholics by Democrats on this forum within the last 24 hours. Many Democratic posters on this forum incessantly attack Christians and Catholics - and I think you know that.

So you would have no problem voting for a member of the Westboro Baptist Church, who protested at military funerals saying they should all die because the military allows gays in the military? That a person's religion is irrelevant?

I have no reservations saying that there are many - if not most - religions that I would never vote for one of their members who attended every week and participated in bizarre religious rituals of that religion to be president. To a REAL religious person, they believe their religious tenants should control everything they do and every decision they make.

I despise sloganism. Slogans are for children, for not thinkers. "I don't care what religion a person is when I vote" is nothing but a slogan drilled into people.

I could vote for a Hindu, Buddhist, most mainstream Christian and Jewish denominations and some others for president. I would not vote for a Muslim, Pentecostal, Hasidic Jew and some others for president. I could vote for an atheist for president.

What about secular ideologies? Does the slogan also work with "I don't care what ideologies a person has publicly declared has when I vote?"

As if an atheist has any choice here. In christian america no would be politician gets such power unless they claim they are a theist.

The USA has so changed a candidate running as an atheist possibly would have an edge, particularly as a Democrat. Maybe not. What would work probably better than someone wearing their religion on their sleeve would be the candidate who absolutely refuses to discuss religion or make indication if they have any religious beliefs or not.

Joe Biden wears his Catholicism on his sleeve time and time again. Trump is more like a Unitarian.

How is this "trolling?" This thread was started due to Democrats claiming Catholics are pedophile and other ranting against Catholics by Democrats on this forum within the last 24 hours. Many Democratic posters on this forum incessantly attack Christians and Catholics - and I think you know that.

So you would have no problem voting for a member of the Westboro Baptist Church, who protested at military funerals saying they should all die because the military allows gays in the military? That a person's religion is irrelevant?

I have no reservations saying that there are many - if not most - religions that I would never vote for one of their members who attended every week and participated in bizarre religious rituals of that religion to be president. To a REAL religious person, they believe their religious tenants should control everything they do and every decision they make.

Westboro Baptist are baptists. I would vote for a baptist if they where the best option. A religion is passive, a set of beliefs. Protesting at military funerals is a personal action, and would lead me to be highly unlikely to vote for them. It is not a passive belief but an action. Catholics are not protesting military funerals by and large.

Srsly, do try and fail less. This is an embarrassingly stupid argument you are trying(and failing with).

Westboro Baptist are baptists. I would vote for a baptist if they where the best option. A religion is passive, a set of beliefs. Protesting at military funerals is a personal action, and would lead me to be highly unlikely to vote for them. It is not a passive belief but an action. Catholics are not protesting military funerals by and large.

Srsly, do try and fail less. This is an embarrassingly stupid argument you are trying(and failing with).

Srsly it is not a "stupid argument." It is hyperbole to an extent, but it goes to the endless hypocrisy by partisans (both sides). There are Democrats on this forum that post piles of messages attacking all Christians / Catholics as purely ignorant and evil - no qualifiers - as something I often point out - while at the same time supporting a Catholic who wears being Catholic on his shirt sleeve.

I do understand that belief in slogans is drilled into most people as soon as they can understand words. The slogan is "I don't care what a politicians religious beliefs are." I do because I do care what beliefs, ideologies and ethics candidates have in reality - not in words crafted for political gain for political events.

Slogans drilled into you and nearly everyone on this forum were not drilled into me. To claim there is a difference between the relevance of secular and non-secular ideology because of a slogan is nonsense. If a person's religious ideology is irrelevant, then any ideology of the person is irrelevant. However, it seems even more relevant for a truly religious person since the core of religion is that it's tenants should more control a person's decisions and actions than any other reason.

A person swearing publicly and to God one morality on Sunday - and then swearing publicly the opposite morality on Monday for political reasons - something the slogan fully endorses - is absurd. Is the person routinely lying to God or to us? Which one? Lying about being religious for politics? Or the opposite? It is a slogan rationalizing being perfectly amoral and a liar for tactical reasons of personal benefit.

Last edited:

Did you get this from Facebook or come up with this faceplant all on your own?

Did you get this from Facebook or come up with this faceplant all on your own?

It comes from being an adult who doesn't think like a kindergarten student and from not being conditioned from birth to be a chump and manipulated fool.

So you would vote for a person of the religion of Aghori provided the person reads a speech you agreed with more than the other candidate because you don't care what the person's religion is, right? A candidate with a belief in cannibalism attending and participating in a church of cannibalistic rituals is irrelevant to you.

Joe Biden claims he participates in ritualistic cannibalism every week. :lol: That's what Catholic communion symbolizes. Aghoris engage in actual cannibalism.

Unfortunately you don't have an opportunity to vote for Jim Jones or David Koresh. Both could give damn good speeches if you discount the religious part that you claim everyone should do ignore.

(And people wonder how so many people end up in cults. Never evaluate the person, only the words they say to you that you want to hear.)

Last edited:
Look at all the WONDERFUL elected officials we have by the slogans that we should only consider the words they say - not what they actually believe. :roll:

It comes from being an adult who doesn't think like a kindergarten student and from not being conditioned from birth to be a chump and manipulated fool.

So you would vote for a person of the religion of Aghori provided the person reads a speech you agreed with more than the other candidate because you don't care what the person's religion is, right? A candidate with a belief in cannibalism attending and participating in a church of cannibalistic rituals is irrelevant to you.

Joe Biden claims he participates in ritualistic cannibalism every week. :lol: That's what Catholic communion symbolizes. Aghoris engage in actual cannibalism.

Unfortunately you don't have an opportunity to vote for Jim Jones or David Koresh. Both could give damn good speeches if you discount the religious part that you claim everyone should do ignore.

(And people wonder how so many people end up in cults. Never evaluate the person, only the words they say to you that you want to hear.)

Doubling down on stupid is never a good look.

You’re welcome!

Don't worry, most who get the virus don't even know it

Most:greatest in amount or degree.

Back
Top Bottom