• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Barack Obama became the George W. Bush liberals love to hate

Mike.Redd

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
So who do you think lead more attacks in the middle east in their 2 terms as POTUS, Barak Obama or George W. Bush?

Did you pick W. Bush? If so, you are wrong. Obama has actually lead more attacks. it is interesting, you would think Bush cause of Iraq. but nope its Obama.

It shocked be as well. I thought Obama was better then Bush with keeping our military safe, but obvi not.

Really Liberals, is he any better then Bush?

Source: Rare.us
How Barack Obama became the George W. Bush liberals love to hate | Rare.us

So who do you think lead more attacks in the middle east in their 2 terms as POTUS, Barak Obama or George W. Bush?

Did you pick W. Bush? If so, you are wrong. Obama has actually lead more attacks. it is interesting, you would think Bush cause of Iraq. but nope its Obama.

It shocked be as well. I thought Obama was better then Bush with keeping our military safe, but obvi not.

If you listen to the Democrats talk, you would think that they were Saints. Well I'm going to name
some wars that the Democrats stated

1. Democrat got America in the Vietnam War
A. Democrat President John Kennedy sent money and advisors to South Vietnam
B. Democrat president Lyndon Johnson sent American troops into Vietnam
C. 2 Million people died in the vietnam war
4. 58,000 Americans died in vietnam, and another 350,000 were injured

2. Democrats got America involved in the Korean war
A. It was Democrat president Harry Truman that sent Americans to fight in the Korean war
B. 33,000 Americans were killed in that war

3. Democrats dropped 2 atomic bombs on Japan
A. It was Democrat president Harry Truman that dropped the atomic bomb on innocent
women and children in Japan, killing over 200,000 innocent civilians.

4. Democrats got America involved in World War 1
A. It was Democrat president Woodrow Wilson that got America invloved in World War 1.
B. 37 million people died in that war
C. 117,000 Americans were killed in that war

5. Democrats got America involved in World War 2
A. It was Democrat president Franklin Roosevelt that got America involved in World War 2
B. 70 million people died in that war
C. 406,000 Americans died in that war.

6. Democrats started the Bay of Pigs.
A. It was Democrat president John F Kennedy that started the Bay of Pigs, which was a war
against Cuba.

Agreed on most points, disagreed on a couple.

(3) Japanese resistance had been becoming more fanatical as the US crossed the Pacific, and after the battle of Okinawa the folks who had to plan for hospital ships and medical supplies were estimating 1,000,000 US casualties (and 10,000,000 Japanese casualties) to invade the main islands. Truman's decision to drop the bombs was the least violent way to end the war, as strange as it may seem. The Good War: An Oral History of World War II has an excellent chapter on the recollections of a 19-year rifleman, released from a German POW camp and transferred to the Pacific, sitting on a pier in Seattle with a buddy, sharpening their bayonets, when he got the wonderful news about the bomb.

(6) Eisenhower had set up the Bay of Pigs operation. Kennedy botched it because he flinched at a critical time and left the rebels hanging, thereby setting the pattern Democrats have followed ever since.

Agreed on most points, disagreed on a couple.

(3) Japanese resistance had been becoming more fanatical as the US crossed the Pacific, and after the battle of Okinawa the folks who had to plan for hospital ships and medical supplies were estimating 1,000,000 US casualties (and 10,000,000 Japanese casualties) to invade the main islands. Truman's decision to drop the bombs was the least violent way to end the war, as strange as it may seem. The Good War: An Oral History of World War II has an excellent chapter on the recollections of a 19-year rifleman, released from a German POW camp and transferred to the Pacific, sitting on a pier in Seattle with a buddy, sharpening their bayonets, when he got the wonderful news about the bomb.

(6) Eisenhower had set up the Bay of Pigs operation. Kennedy botched it because he flinched at a critical time and left the rebels hanging, thereby setting the pattern Democrats have followed ever since.

Japan wanted to come to the negotiation tables weeks before the A-Bomb was dropped but Truman refused he demanded unconditional surrender and refused talks unless that was agreed upon from the start, The bombing was not necessary all Japan wanted was to keep their emperor as part of the surrender deal and what is sadly ironic the emperor ended up staying after the unconditional surrender so those 200,000 died for nothing

Drawing up plans for an evasion is not the start of a war. hell we had many plans drawn up to invade Russia does that mean if a war ever did start with Russia what ever president first drew up plans to do so is the one who started it?

Last edited:

Before Obama was even elected I was telling people not to be excited, he'll be exactly like G. W. And he is. What I can't comprehend is why people who hate Bush love Obama and people who hate Obama love Bush. They're essentially the same politician.

If you listen to the Democrats talk, you would think that they were Saints. Well I'm going to name

A. It was Democrat president Harry Truman that sent Americans to fight in the Korean war

A. It was Democrat president Harry Truman that dropped the atomic bomb on innocent

A. It was Democrat president Woodrow Wilson that got America invloved in World War 1.

A. It was Democrat president Franklin Roosevelt that got America involved in World War 2

A. It was Democrat president John F Kennedy that started the Bay of Pigs, which was a war
against Cuba.

I wasn't aware FDR started WW2, I thought that had something to do with a town on the Baltic Sea in Eastern Europe. But what do I know???

Also, since when is America fighting in WW2 a negative thing? As I recall, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but the United States was first attacked by Japan on Dec 7, 1941, the US was not the aggressor. Are you suggesting that FDR was wrong to answer that attack with war?

I wasn't aware FDR started WW2, I thought that had something to do with a town on the Baltic Sea in Eastern Europe. But what do I know???

Also, since when is America fighting in WW2 a negative thing? As I recall, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but the United States was first attacked by Japan on Dec 7, 1941, the US was not the aggressor. Are you suggesting that FDR was wrong to answer that attack with war?

I didn't say started I said got us involved. We also declared war on Germany and they didn't attack us

Japan wanted to come to the negotiation tables weeks before the A-Bomb was dropped but Truman refused he demanded unconditional surrender and refused talks unless that was agreed upon from the start, The bombing was not necessary all Japan wanted was to keep their emperor as part of the surrender deal and what is sadly ironic the emperor ended up staying after the unconditional surrender after all so those 200,000 died for nothing

Last edited:

against Cuba.
You left off Bosnia or the numerous times Clinton attacked Iraq during his 8 year presidency.

I didn't say started a said got us involved. We also declared war on Germany and they didn't attack us

Japan wanted to come to the negotiation tables weeks before the A-Bomb was dropped but Truman refused he demanded unconditional surrender and refused talks unless that was agreed upon from the start, The bombing was not necessary all Japan wanted was to keep their emperor as part of the surrender deal and what is sadly ironic the emperor ended up staying after the unconditional surrender so those 200,000 died for nothing

Seventy-Seventh Congress of the United States of America; At the First Session Begun and held at the City of Washington, on Friday, the third day of January, 1941.

Joint Resolution Declaring That a State of War Exists Between The Government of Germany and the Government and the People of the United States and Making Provisions To Prosecute The Same

Whereas the Government of Germany has formally declared war against the Government and the people of the United States of America: Therefore be it Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That the state of war between the United States and the Government of Germany which has thus been thrust upon the United States is hereby formally declared; and the President is hereby authorized and directed to employ the entire naval and military forces of the United States and the resources of the Government to carry on war against the Government of Germany; and, to bring the conflict to a successful termination, all of the resources of the country are hereby pledged by the Congress of the United States.

(Signed) Sam Rayburn, Speaker of the House of Representatives
(Signed) H. A. Wallace, Vice President of the United States and President of the Senate
Approved December 11, 1941 3:05 PM E.S.T.
(Signed) Franklin D. Roosevelt[2]

United States declaration of war upon Germany (1941) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Japanese declaration of war on the United States and the British Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Japan declared War on 8 December, after attacking us on 7 December.

Are you seriously going to argue that the United States, that FDR, got the United States involved in WW2? What was the attack on Pearl Harbor then? Just nothing?

I think anytime you're comparing military actions in Libya or even any potential actions in Syria to a 10 year occupation in Iraq you're being facetious.

I'm not sure how it's "keeping our military safe"...since well you sign up for a potentially dangerous occupation.

It's spending US blood and treasure at a large scale for murky reasons.

This is also coming from someone who doesn't think we should enter Syria and didn't think we should participate at all in Libya.

Seventy-Seventh Congress of the United States of America; At the First Session Begun and held at the City of Washington, on Friday, the third day of January, 1941.

Joint Resolution Declaring That a State of War Exists Between The Government of Germany and the Government and the People of the United States and Making Provisions To Prosecute The Same

Whereas the Government of Germany has formally declared war against the Government and the people of the United States of America: Therefore be it Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled, That the state of war between the United States and the Government of Germany which has thus been thrust upon the United States is hereby formally declared; and the President is hereby authorized and directed to employ the entire naval and military forces of the United States and the resources of the Government to carry on war against the Government of Germany; and, to bring the conflict to a successful termination, all of the resources of the country are hereby pledged by the Congress of the United States.

(Signed) Sam Rayburn, Speaker of the House of Representatives
(Signed) H. A. Wallace, Vice President of the United States and President of the Senate
Approved December 11, 1941 3:05 PM E.S.T.
(Signed) Franklin D. Roosevelt[2]

United States declaration of war upon Germany (1941) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Japanese declaration of war on the United States and the British Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Japan declared War on 8 December, after attacking us on 7 December.

Are you seriously going to argue that the United States, that FDR, got the United States involved in WW2? What was the attack on Pearl Harbor then? Just nothing?

we had the right to declare and go to war with Japan but not Germany they didn't provoke or attack us. We also didn't need to drop the two A-Bombs that killed over 200,000 civilians to end the war with Japan. Truman demanded unconditional surrender and all Japan wanted was to keep their emperor that he ended up staying after the surrender any ways. so those 200,000 died for nothing. all Truman wanted was to show off his new toy

Obama the president has been a big disappointment to this liberal, not that we had a viable better choice in the elections. If he keeps us out of Syria he will partially redeem himself. If he drags us into it I will be out there protesting.

I think anytime you're comparing military actions in Libya or even any potential actions in Syria to a 10 year occupation in Iraq you're being facetious.

I'm not sure how it's "keeping our military safe"...since well you sign up for a potentially dangerous occupation.

It's spending US blood and treasure at a large scale for murky reasons.

This is also coming from someone who doesn't think we should enter Syria and didn't think we should participate at all in Libya.

then can we compare Vietnam to Iraq. Vietnam the unprovoked war started by a democrat president that killed 58,000 Americans, and another 350,000 were injured

Obama the president has been a big disappointment to this liberal, not that we had a viable better choice in the elections. If he keeps us out of Syria he will partially redeem himself. If he drags us into it I will be out there protesting.

Why are you not protesting now like they did befor Bush went into Iraq? why wait when it is to late.

then can we compare Vietnam to Iraq. Vietnam the unprovoked war started by a democrat president that killed 58,000 Americans, and another 350,000 were injured

Sure...granted I wasn't even alive at that time, it spanned multiple administrations including a Republican President that expanded the war...but looking at things more relevant and recent....the largest military actions in the past 3 decades...Iraq/Desert Storm/Afghanistan/Bosnia...the three largest were under Republican Presidents and one was under a Democrat.

Drawing up plans for an evasion is not the start of a war. hell we had many plans drawn up to invade Russia does that mean if a war ever did start with Russia what ever president first drew up plans to do so is the one who started it?

The Japan situation was a bit more complex than you have presented it, and the warlords who ran the Japanese government at the time bear the responsibility for the deaths of their citizens. Eisenhower set the Bay Of Pigs plan in motion. Kennedy botched the execution by withholding support at a critical time. "Drawing up plans for an evasion" is a specialty of Democrats.

Back
Top Bottom