• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How bad of a job is Joe Biden doing?

How bad of a job is Joe Biden doing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrNiceGuy

Symbiotic Pnemonic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
It is incontrovertible that Joe Biden is doing a horrible job as President. Gas prices are up 110%. Inflation is 8.4%. The Dow Jones Industrial Average is now below or right about where it was when Biden took office. Zero gain, if not loss. The NASDAQ is about 2000 points below where it was when Biden took office. Crude oil is now more than double the price when he took office. Higher unemployment rates "loom" (which the Biden administration is couching as a means to "fight inflation" - which, of course, is a creation of overspending by the government and printing too much money as compared to production). Americans are facing unprecedented supply-chain crisis - there are more and more empty and semi-bare shelves at supermarkets, appliances are now hard to find and take months to receive - try to go to a furniture store, and there are few selections immediately available (cheap stuff is still easy to find, but any reasonable furniture can take 12 to 20 weeks to arrive).

Construction materials face shortages, and the price of home construction is going through the roof. A house that in 2018 would take 3 months to build, now takes 12 to 18 months. A pool that in 2020 cost $37,500 now costs $85,000.

Government spending is through the roof, the printing of new money is through the roof.

Real wages are down under Biden, when they were up under Trump.

Americans have a record level of debt after Biden's first year in office. Bidenflation drove the personal-savings rate to 4.4% in April, the lowest recorded since September 2008. Americans’ non-retirement savings have dropped 15% year over year under Biden. As for retirement savings, that has been destroyed by the stock market.

Under Trump the US was relatively energy independent, and now we are not, and Biden is begging the Saudis to produce more oil, and they are giving him the finger, basically, agreeing to an irrelevant increase. They don't care. Biden can offer them nothing, and his "return" to when we were "respected" by our enemies and loved by our friends hasn't happened.

Biden is/has sent $53 billion in "aid" to Ukraine while we have no money to help hurting Americans, and that money is being used to fund the Azov Battalian and other neo-Nazis in Ukraine.

Biden proposed a "Disinformation Governance Board" as a direct attack on the first amendment, and Biden continues the horrid prosecution of Julian Assange, which should be ended immediately.

President Biden’s withdrawal from Afghanistan was a strategic failure, as are many of the administration’s actions around the globe. U.S. foreign policy during the Biden administration has abandoned allies, strengthened adversaries, and put U.S. national security at risk. Biden immediately lifted Trump's policies which prohibited the construction of Nordstream 2, and he blessed its completion, ignoring the concerns of allies in Europe. Biden is hell-bent on reentering the dopey Iran Nuclear deal, and Biden has not taken China seriously, and he's completely ignoring North Korea.

On both economics and foreign policy, Biden's presidency is an abject failure, and the only real question is "how bad is it?"

Biden proposed a "Disinformation Governance Board" as a direct attack on the first amendment, and Biden continues the horrid prosecution of Julian Assange, which should be ended immediately.
I'm gonna keep this streak going, because 100% of conservatives have dodged this question so far.

What is it you thought this "disinformation governance board" was actually going to do? You folks keep screeching about the first amendment, but not one of you has ever been willing to describe how it was going to violate it.

Biden doesn't have much control over things like inflation or the stock market. The USA is in essentially the same position on inflation as every other western country. Biden has done well with the Russia situation. I'd still give him a C because he bungled the Afganistan withdrawal badly and has done very poorly with messaging.

Under Trump the US was relatively energy independent, and now we are not, and Biden is begging the Saudis to produce more oil, and they are giving him the finger, basically, agreeing to an irrelevant increase. They don't care. Biden can offer them nothing, and his "return" to when we were "respected" by our enemies and loved by our friends hasn't happened.

We're still "Energy Independent". https://www.forbes.com/sites/rrapie...-is-still-energy-independent/?sh=5b0e29230b66

Of course, that's only the beginning of the above dishonesty because in reality being energy independent does not mean any of the things people like the person I respond to claim, especially with so very much of our energy coming from fossil fuels sold in a world market and with our own energy companies being non-public entities.

Biden is/has sent $53 billion in "aid" to Ukraine while we have no money to help hurting Americans, and that money is being used to fund the Azov Battalian and other neo-Nazis in Ukraine.

The people you vote for have us borrowing over a trillion a year with their repeated tax cuts for the upper crust. "We have no money" is about the dumbest objection you could possibly make.

extra credit: Note how he parrots the Putin lie about denazifying Ukraine?

I gave Biden a D-

The best scenario for the Donkeys is Biden steps aside for "health" reasons and Harris moves into his spot. 2022 is lost for the donkeys. 2023 will be a year of recession. I expect to see an upturn in 2024, which will have nothing to do with Harris, but she can claim differently. I see Harris vs. DeSantis in 2024. Does that give anyone a warm and fuzzy feeling?

I gave Biden a grade of C.
Cameron summed up many of my points. The world is in a downturn. Supply chain issues, war, recovering from the impact of Covid. etc.
All of those things are beyond one countries control.

A follow up question should be how bad of a job is Congress (House and Senate) doing in dealing with the issues the US faces?

Biden doesn't have much control over things like inflation or the stock market. The USA is in essentially the same position on inflation as every other western country. Biden has done well with the Russia situation. I'd still give him a C because he bungled the Afganistan withdrawal badly and has done very poorly with messaging.
Same. Most of the topics the OP whined about are global issues impacting most other developed nations; sometimes stuff happens that a nation just needs to tough out. I also give Biden a C - I'm pleased with vaccine availability, the infrastructure bill and our response to Russia, and I'm displeased with the Afghanistan withdrawal, trying to force BBB through and getting ahead of the CDC on boosters. Solid middle of the road for me.

I'm gonna keep this streak going, because 100% of conservatives have dodged this question so far.

What is it you thought this "disinformation governance board" was actually going to do? You folks keep screeching about the first amendment, but not one of you has ever been willing to describe how it was going to violate it.
The only thing published about it by the Administration was that it was a board to standardize and control (respond to and address) what it said would be disinformation and misinformation that "threatens the security of the United States."

The government told us that "Disinformation, which is false information that is deliberately spread with the intent to deceive or mislead, can take many forms." Yes, indeed, including the disinformation spread BY the government for the purpose of misleading and deceiving the public..

The government gave no specifics as to what it planned to do when Americans were spreading what the government decided was misinformation or disinformation, or how it intended to "protect free speech" while "addressing" Americans spreading misinformation and disinformation. The press release from the DHS focused a lot on information published by overseas sources, but the language of the press release was by no means limited to foreign sources, terrorists, or other evildoers. Misinformation and disinformation which "threatens national security" could plainly be things like "my doctor prescribed me ivermectin, and I think it worked." It could be publications which question the efficacy of vaccines, or try to report on complications and injuries caused by vaccines.

A better question to pose would be, instead of asking me what I imagine the Disinformation Governance Board might do (which I can imagine a lot - and all I have to go by are the vague, general descriptions of their benevolent goals. However, what is it that you believe you know about exactly what the "governance board" would do when faced with what it says is disinformation which it alleges is a danger to national security? Did anyone give you any detail on that? Like, say, I'm a youtuber/podcaster/author with 20 million followers, and a platform that really can impact broad public opinion to a significant degree - and I spread some "misinformaiton" - say I have a belief that Vladimir Putin is a misunderstood benevolent politician, validly elected every time in democratic elections, and acting wholly within his rights under international law - and so I hold a weekly podcast and youtube channel publishing my opinion, and giving a platform to pro-Russian speakers, authors and others who can be described as "Putin's Pals."

Do you know what the Governance Board would do to me? Do you even know what information would possibly be classified as misinformation? Who would make the judgment? On what basis? What sort of accountability would the Board have? To whom? What sort of review or recourse would someone who is targeted by the Board have, if the Board sought to "address" the alleged misinformation? What would happen in the instances where it turned out the misinformation was actually true information, but the government was wrong?

In other words -- what do YOU think the Board would be doing, specifically? And, since you can't know any more than what I know (which is what Mayorkas (sp?) said and what was published in the DHS "fact sheet" about it, why would you support it at all since they haven't actually told you what it would do, exactly, and how it would make its decisions on what is misinformation and whether it threatens national security?

No inciting of an insurrection. A MAJOR improvement over the previous POTUS. Give him a B.
Give him time. The abortion decision hasn't come down from SCOTUS, yet.

There is going to be unrest ahead of the midterms. orchestrated (again) by the Democratic Party and the American Left, in order to give them something to run on. They have to run against "the patriarchy" and the "white supremacists," because they have nothing else to run on, except that Leftist one-note tune.

It is incontrovertible that Joe Biden is doing a horrible job as President. Gas prices are up 110%. Inflation is 8.4%. The Dow Jones Industrial Average is now below or right about where it was when Biden took office. Zero gain, if not loss. The NASDAQ is about 2000 points below where it was when Biden took office. Crude oil is now more than double the price when he took office. Higher unemployment rates "loom" (which the Biden administration is couching as a means to "fight inflation" - which, of course, is a creation of overspending by the government and printing too much money as compared to production). Americans are facing unprecedented supply-chain crisis - there are more and more empty and semi-bare shelves at supermarkets, appliances are now hard to find and take months to receive - try to go to a furniture store, and there are few selections immediately available (cheap stuff is still easy to find, but any reasonable furniture can take 12 to 20 weeks to arrive).

Construction materials face shortages, and the price of home construction is going through the roof. A house that in 2018 would take 3 months to build, now takes 12 to 18 months. A pool that in 2020 cost $37,500 now costs $85,000.

Government spending is through the roof, the printing of new money is through the roof.

Americans have a record level of debt after Biden's first year in office. Bidenflation drove the personal-savings rate to 4.4% in April, the lowest recorded since September 2008. Americans’ non-retirement savings have dropped 15% year over year under Biden. As for retirement savings, that has been destroyed by the stock market.

President Biden’s withdrawal from Afghanistan was a strategic failure, as are many of the administration’s actions around the globe. U.S. foreign policy during the Biden administration has abandoned allies, strengthened adversaries, and put U.S. national security at risk. Biden immediately lifted Trump's policies which prohibited the construction of Nordstream 2, and he blessed its completion, ignoring the concerns of allies in Europe. Biden is hell-bent on reentering the dopey Iran Nuclear deal, and Biden has not taken China seriously, and he's completely ignoring North Korea.

On both economics and foreign policy, Biden's presidency is an abject failure, and the only real question is "how bad is it?"
LMAO another retarded biased false narrative unobjecitve failed OP that will get mocked for its biased hackery. what a hilarious meltdown post.

anyway with that said, same answer as in the other logical and honest thread on this:

I didnt vote for him but I give him C+ / B- considering the shit show he was dealt and the shit show going on in the country and world right now

The only thing published about it by the Administration was that it was a board to standardize and control (respond to and address) what it said would be disinformation and misinformation that "threatens the security of the United States."

The government told us that "Disinformation, which is false information that is deliberately spread with the intent to deceive or mislead, can take many forms." Yes, indeed, including the disinformation spread BY the government for the purpose of misleading and deceiving the public..

The government gave no specifics as to what it planned to do when Americans were spreading what the government decided was misinformation or disinformation, or how it intended to "protect free speech" while "addressing" Americans spreading misinformation and disinformation. The press release from the DHS focused a lot on information published by overseas sources, but the language of the press release was by no means limited to foreign sources, terrorists, or other evildoers. Misinformation and disinformation which "threatens national security" could plainly be things like "my doctor prescribed me ivermectin, and I think it worked." It could be publications which question the efficacy of vaccines, or try to report on complications and injuries caused by vaccines.

A better question to pose would be, instead of asking me what I imagine the Disinformation Governance Board might do (which I can imagine a lot - and all I have to go by are the vague, general descriptions of their benevolent goals. However, what is it that you believe you know about exactly what the "governance board" would do when faced with what it says is disinformation which it alleges is a danger to national security? Did anyone give you any detail on that? Like, say, I'm a youtuber/podcaster/author with 20 million followers, and a platform that really can impact broad public opinion to a significant degree - and I spread some "misinformaiton" - say I have a belief that Vladimir Putin is a misunderstood benevolent politician, validly elected every time in democratic elections, and acting wholly within his rights under international law - and so I hold a weekly podcast and youtube channel publishing my opinion, and giving a platform to pro-Russian speakers, authors and others who can be described as "Putin's Pals."

Do you know what the Governance Board would do to me? Do you even know what information would possibly be classified as misinformation? Who would make the judgment? On what basis? What sort of accountability would the Board have? To whom? What sort of review or recourse would someone who is targeted by the Board have, if the Board sought to "address" the alleged misinformation? What would happen in the instances where it turned out the misinformation was actually true information, but the government was wrong?

In other words -- what do YOU think the Board would be doing, specifically? And, since you can't know any more than what I know (which is what Mayorkas (sp?) said and what was published in the DHS "fact sheet" about it, why would you support it at all since they haven't actually told you what it would do, exactly, and how it would make its decisions on what is misinformation and whether it threatens national security?
Ok, so you admit you have no idea what it was going to do but you're just absolutely certain it's a free speech violation? LOL!

The board was not empowered to make arrests, my dude. What is it you think they were going to do to you? Can you support that with any actual documentation on the board's scope and authority?

Same. Most of the topics the OP whined about are global issues impacting most other developed nations; sometimes stuff happens that a nation just needs to tough out. I also give Biden a C - I'm pleased with vaccine availability, the infrastructure bill and our response to Russia, and I'm displeased with the Afghanistan withdrawal, trying to force BBB through and getting ahead of the CDC on boosters. Solid middle of the road for me.
All of the issues trump faced were global issues, too, yet Democrats never stopped criticizing him for it. Covid was a global issue. North Korea. Gas prices. Inflation. Unemployment - all global issues under Trump - but, the Democrats always blamed him for whatever happened.

The issue isn't that there is a problem, necessarily. The issue is how did Biden try to address the problem. On all the issues I listed, he has either done nothing, or he has taken actions which failed or even made matters worse, or which embarrass the US. For example, he addresses the gas prices issue by funding "solar panel development" which would take longer than pumping more oil (which he claimed would take too long to do any good), and by begging the Saudis to come to our rescue and pump more oil, and they laughed in our face and handed us a cookie.

The question to ask yourself is what you would be saying about Trump right now, if he were President and did exactly the same things. If it were me, and Trump was President, I would be criticizing him in exactly the same way - for not taking action, and for focusing on the wrong things.

The vaccine availability was already set up for him before he took office. Biden didn't do anything to make vaccines available. They were already coming out and production was already increasing. Biden didn't have time to do anything significant to change anything. The production capacity had to be ramped up in 2020 in order to be ready in early 2021. The vaccines were already existing, and the pharma companies took many months to gear up production. Biden just road a train that was already rolling.

Biden's infrastructure bill is proving to be a total joke. Hardly anything is getting done, and the projects are turning out to be what many feared they would be - political gifts and boondoggles. There is zero improvement of any note to America's infrastructure. And, that is proven by how little anyone reports about or announces anything of note. Even the Biden Administration hasn't touted a single success story, because they know it's a pig in a poke.

And on vaccines? They want to vaccinate 6 month olds to 5 year olds! That is pure buffoonery. That age group has an immeasurably low risk from covid, and there are more complications and injuries FROM the vaccines than any such persons saved by the vaccines. The only reason for giving these vaccines to babies and toddlers is to give more money to the pharma companies. It's a crying shame and a borderline crime.

LMAO another retarded biased false narrative unobjecitve failed OP that will get mocked for its biased hackery. what a hilarious meltdown post.
What's incorrect and why?
anyway with that said, same answer as in the other logical and honest thread on this:

I didnt vote for him but I give him C+ / B- considering the shit show he was dealt and the shit show going on in the country and world right now

Care to be specific? What has he done well? What policies of his are working? What has he attempted which failed but was a good try? What successes can you point to?

Anything?

Biden's suffering a performance downturn. I gave him a solid 8 on the double fall going up to AF 1. The fart in front of British royalty was a 6. This latest fall on the bike was only a 5.5. Had cameras not been around for the bike fall, it would not have received even that. He still has a way to go to displace Gerald Ford. If he wants to make up ground on Ford, he should consider something like the luge, maybe. He could get a 10 if he runs downhill and avoids nearly all of the power poles. The one he hits is going to have to be spectacular, though.

What's incorrect and why?
where did i use the word incorrect
I said " retarded biased false narrative unobjective failed OP that will get mocked for its biased hackery. what a hilarious meltdown post. "

Care to be specific?
with the author of the moronic failed op? nope LMAO

An absolute freakin idiot. Jimmy’s embarrassed

40C7F040-D29E-49E8-BB8D-60A9BFCB2DFB.jpeg

You ain't wrong.
Just look at the opinion polls on a daily basis. And I don't mean any specific poll.
As I mentioned to another poster, ignoring opinion polls because you want to ignore Biden's clumsiness, tells me you are desperate to believe the country is heading in the right direction. And it is not.
No one said Biden's job is an easy one.
Just like our country was blind-sided back in 2020 with a pandemic, so was Biden blind-sided by growing inflation, the aftermath of a pandemic, and Putin's brutal invasion of Ukraine.
He has to own it and live with it.

Biden's suffering a performance downturn.
As a Conservative you are being amusing and kind.
That's like an NFL franchise quarterback doing something so stupid in a game his team loses. All you can do is hope he doesn't do something stupid the next game.

Biden = one disaster after another and he's totally clueless that his policies are to blame!!!!

It appears though that even the Dems are starting to cut there "useful idiot" loose

Ok, so you admit you have no idea what it was going to do but you're just absolutely certain it's a free speech violation? LOL!

The board was not empowered to make arrests, my dude. What is it you think they were going to do to you? Can you support that with any actual documentation on the board's scope and authority?
No, I know exactly what the DHS published about it - I just told you. There is a fact sheet.

I have expressed no "absolute certainty" that it's a "free speech violation."

The government's vague outline of what the government says the government benevolent purposes, such that NOBODY knows exactly how this "Board" will do its day to day activities - what information it will deem misinformation and how, and what it will actually do to people who spread misinformation, etc. -- is exactly why only a complete fool would support the endeavor. Of course it implicates speech, because misinformation (alleged - ALLEGED - misinformation) is still "information" and when people communicate "information" (whether you or the government think it's "mis" or "dis" or otherwise) it is still speech - free speech.

So, to suggest that there are no speech implications and first amendment implications here is idiotic.

The question becomes, what can a "Governance Board" do to someone spreading what the Board thinks or says is misinformation? Don't you think you need to know that before you give that Board the authorization to do it? And if all they do is give you vague sumamries without specifics, isn't that a reason to be concerned about the First Amendment?

The whole goal - stated goal - is to stop people from talking about stuff the government says is misinformation in cases where the government says it effects national security. Do you not see an issue there?

Who said anything about "arrests?" Are criminal arrests the only way the government has restricted speech?

What is it YOU think the Board is going to do? Tell me, by all means - if the Board has no power to stop people from commiunicating information which the Board considers "mis" information, then what is it that you think the Board is going to do?

And since YOU don't know - how can you support it?

That's the point, don't you see? The only answer you or I can have as to "what will this Board do day to day to stop information which it says is mis or dis?" is "we don't really know" - and since they didn't tell us the answer - what possible basis could you have for supporting it?

Look at it in terms of burden of proof. The government is making an allegation - that allegation is that there is a need for a Board to Govern misinformation and disinformation. Somehow (we don't know how, but somehow) the government is going to determine something is mis- or dis-information, and somehow (we don't know how) the government is going to determine that it harms national security. Do they not have the burden to tell us (a) how they will make those determinations, and (b) what, exactly, are they empowered to do once those determinations shave been made? and, (c) what recourse to alleged spreaders of mis or disinformation have? and (d) what actual protections for free speech are they talking about when they say they will protect free speech?

You see - you've put the burden entirely in the wrong direction. You're suggesting to me that since I don't know anything about exactly how this Board would work, and I can't point to some statute that clearly - on its face - operates to violate the first amendment, that I must assume that the Board is entirely benign and will work wholly within the first amendment while achieving its goals. No no. Not how it works. Before we create a new agency whose job it is to combat the communicaiton of information the government say is not true - that agency/board must have defined powers and parameters, oversight, recourse, due process procedures, and manners of operation which we, The People, know about and can verify. Otherwise, one would have to be a nut to trust the DHS to do the right thing - this is the same agency that put together an unconstutional no fly list -- the agency said that it was benevolent and they were only going to be stopping terrorists - a Court ruled that the DHS had created a process which violated the Fifth Amendment's due process clause. So why would we trust them to put together a Board that won't violate the first?

Biden = one disaster after another and he's totally clueless that his policies are to blame!!!!

It appears though that even the Dems are starting to cut there "useful idiot" loose
Biden is a danger to national security.

He is overwhelming the nation with burdensome regulations, increasing taxes, and he's doing nothing to alleviate the supply chain shortages and blockages. He is busy sending $53 billion to Ukraine while ignoring the plight of Americans suffering from $5.00 and up gasoline, 8.5% (to be conservative) inflation, a crashing stock market, depleting savings, lost retirement funds, rising interest rates, and ballooning personal and family debt. He sits there chatting about whether to allow people who voluntarily took out student loans skip out on their debt, but he doesn't do jack shit about families trying to pay their mortgages. His administration offers "higher unemployment" as their prescription to reduce inflation.

Biden is a joke. A dementia addled geezer who is supported by a pack of Left wing ideologues who don't give a flying **** about the economy, because they are getting what they want - they want to kill the fossil fuel industry - and as part of that they wanted us to pay "European prices for gasoline." We've all heard it - so many left wingers have said we in the US paid too little for gasoline and we SHOULD be paying more. They got their wish. They wanted Biden to cut back on drilling. They wanted us to have less oil. What we're facing now is not a bug, it's a feature, of what the Left wants, and Biden's handlers are fine with it. They own most of the media, so when some idiot on the Democrat side says words to the effect of "oh, MMT says we can print as much money as we want and it just doesn't matter" or like Rashida Tlaib says - just mint a couple $1 trillion coins which magically won't be part of the national debt! Money ain't real! To Democrats, money is just pieces of paper which "identify as" money.

No inciting of an insurrection. A MAJOR improvement over the previous POTUS. Give him a B.
He didn't incite what you call an 'insurrection'. It was a riot, by the way.

But he will never live down the shocking embarrassment of a clumsy retreat from Afghanistan because of a takeover by a bunch of 7th century Islamic goat herders.
And leaving behind 80 billion of weapons to the Taliban in the process.

You see - you've put the burden entirely in the wrong direction.
No, I haven't. See, the thing about panels convened by the government is that their scope and authority are explicitly defined. "It doesn't say they can't shoot you in the head for lying, so maybe they can!!" is not a valid argument.

If there's no document that says they can arrest you, they can't arrest you.

A gentleman's C.

Since he was a Senator and a Vice President, it would be churlish to give him what he deserves, which is of course a D.

Back
Top Bottom