• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How bad do you think the backfire will be on the Dems when they remove Title 42 restrictions?

Grandpappy

America First Populist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
They were put on by Trump's CDC director to protect the American public from COVID. When they're removed, an addition 18,000 a day are expected to swarm the border. Where will these people go?
Logically, why would you allow more and more people in who will only be a burden to the ones already living here? Who will pay to house, feed, educate and provide medical care to these people?
I think I may know the answer. Do you?

Very badly.

That's why many Democrats are opposing Biden's decision on this subject. They know the midterm elections will be bad for them, but pitching Title 42 into the toilet will make it worse.

They were put on by Trump's CDC director to protect the American public from COVID. When they're removed, an addition 18,000 a day are expected to swarm the border. Where will these people go?
Logically, why would you allow more and more people in who will only be a burden to the ones already living here? Who will pay to house, feed, educate and provide medical care to these people?
Why are you assuming that they won't be able to house, feed, educate, and provide medical care for themselves?

Lots of Latinos living in California are able to maintain employment, feed themselves, and have a place to live.

Yep, but why can’t many US citizens (without “safety net” program assistance)?

Not to mention the extra carbon footprint the USA will place upon climate change, the left worships. The hypocrisy is astounding. With millions and millions of illegal immigrants being allowed into our country, the amount of food, electricity, gas, etc must be huge. Not to mention the huge amount of taxpayer funded money needed.....Biden and the left cares less about Americans, it's their agenda which is paramount and all else falls by the wayside.

Yep, but why can’t many US citizens (without “safety net” program assistance)?
The vast majority can. Of the few who can't there are a myriad of reasons, most of which are medical in nature.

The vast majority can. Of the few who can't there are a myriad of reasons, most of which are medical in nature.

OK, since you say so.

We estimate that in the average month, 59 million people, or almost 19 percent of the population, received assistance from at least one of the safety net programs included in this analysis (table A.1).
The safety net’s reach is not entirely surprising if we consider the individual reach of SNAP, one of the largest programs. According to administrative data, SNAP served over 40 million people in the average month of 2014.

almost 19 percent of the population, received assistance from at least one of the safety net programs included in this analysis

A good argument for having it, no?

Maybe a better argument for not allowing ‘undocumented’ immigration while expecting them to do fine without public assistance.

Maybe a better argument for not allowing ‘undocumented’ immigration while expecting them to do fine without public assistance.
At least 81% of them will do fine without public assistance according to your source. Probably much more than that, though, as people from Latin America tend to be more willing to work for less money than American citizens.

It will probably hurt democrats if people don’t look deeper into why. The perception or the reality is that the threat of COVID diminished, hence the policy was no longer justified for the purpose it was put in place.

Huge backlash

At least 81% of them will do fine without public assistance according to your source. Probably much more than that, though, as people from Latin America tend to be more willing to work for less money than American citizens.

I can certainly agree that they are more willing to work, but suspect that not having the option to supplement their incomes with (as much) “safety net” assistance is an incentive to work.

I can certainly agree that they are more willing to work, but suspect that not having the option to supplement their incomes with (as much) “safety net” assistance is an incentive to work.
I don't believe that a safety net is an incentive not to work. Plenty of countries have much more robust safety nets than the U.S. and they don't have labor problems.

Last edited:
I don't believe that a safety net is an incentive not to work. Plenty of countries have much more robust safety nets than the U.S. and they don't have labor problems.

We don’t have labor problems either - look how many ‘undocumented’ folks come here to work.

Hopefully they are all sent to Washington DC

Not to mention the extra carbon footprint the USA will place upon climate change, the left worships. The hypocrisy is astounding. With millions and millions of illegal immigrants being allowed into our country, the amount of food, electricity, gas, etc must be huge. Not to mention the huge amount of taxpayer funded money needed.....Biden and the left cares less about Americans, it's their agenda which is paramount and all else falls by the wayside.
One should understand the real agenda...future perpetual Democrat voters.

They learned this lesson back with Ronald Reagan when he was President and promulgated the Immigration Reform Act of 1986. One of the provisions was amnesty for all Illegal aliens residing at the time, and a path to citizenship for all of them.

Most became loyal Republican voters...for a period. IMO the Democrats want to do the same thing now. Allow the flood and then try for similar "amnesty." Hoping to gain millions of loyal Democrat voters. The goal is enough voters to insure perpetual Democratic control of the Federal government, and flip as many current Red State governments to Blue as possible.

Last edited:

They learned this lesson back with Ronald Reagan when he was President and promulgated the Immigration Reform Act of 1986. One of the provisions was amnesty for all Illegal aliens residing at the time, and a path to citizenship for all of them.

Most became loyal Republican voters...for a period. IMO the Democrats want to do the same thing now. Allow the flood and then try for similar "amnesty." Hoping to gain millions of loyal Democrat voters. The goal (hoped for) is enough voters to insure perpetual Democratic control of the Federal government, and flip as many current Red State governments to Blue as possible.
It's much more than that. Americans aren't reproducing. China has four times the population. Think 50 years down the road

Not a valid source. The Center for Immigration Studies is a hate group.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Immigration_Studies

Both documented and undocumented immigrants pay more into public programs than they take out and non-citizens make use of public programs at a lower rate than citizens do.
https://immigrationforum.org/article/fact-sheet-immigrants-and-public-benefits/
Not a valid source. The Center for Immigration Studies is a hate group.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Immigration_Studies

Both documented and undocumented immigrants pay more into public programs than they take out and non-citizens make use of public programs at a lower rate than citizens do.
https://immigrationforum.org/article/fact-sheet-immigrants-and-public-benefits/

I will personally be looking forward to the great economic expansion this wave of illegal immigrants will bring.

Most became loyal Republican voters...for a period. IMO the Democrats want to do the same thing now. Allow the flood and then try for similar "amnesty." Hoping to gain millions of loyal Democrat voters. The goal is enough voters to insure perpetual Democratic control of the Federal government, and flip as many current Red State governments to Blue as possible.

Of course, this is so blatantly obvious, yet they deny, deny, deny and pretend they are humanitarians rescuing people in need.....all the while thousands of them die on the long trek to America, thousands of girls are raped and killed, trafficked and used, taken advantage of for quick money to bring drugs to our country.....and the crazy thing Biden is doing this during a pandemic. I guess Americans are some stupid mfkers.

Back
Top Bottom