• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How are Jehovah Witnesses in error?

So many clear verses making it known that Jesus was God's son, not God.

Go find out what the phrase "son of God" means. Then tell me how Michael becomes the savior.

Go find out what the phrase "son of God" means. Then tell me how Michael becomes the savior.
All angels are spoken of as sons of God...does that mean they are God? No, they are God's creation...

Simple. God doesn't exist at all, and the Bible is a work of fiction.

Here's the real question you should be considering...

If God is all-powerful, he wants us to worship him, he wants us to follow his commandments, and do as he says...why does he make it so ****ing confusing? Why is there even a need to have this debate?

You want to worship the correct god, don't you? You're a decent god-fearing person, right? Well, so are Jehovah's Witnesses. God has to be capable of clearing up all this confusion, can't he? So why would God allow you to be confused by the wording of his book?
Why even put it in a book? Why not just appear before you and tell you what's true and what's not? Why leave it up for debate when there is so much at stake?

There are literally thousands of different religions that have existed over thousands of years all worshiping slightly different versions of a God. If God was actually real he could solve this debate in an instant.
Yet he chooses to allow his people to fight and kill each other because each one of them is 1000% convinced that they are the chosen ones who actually have the correct answer. When in reality 99.9% of them are wrong.

Isn't the most logical conclusion that God doesn't exist at all? That's why he can't and won't solve this problem, he's not real.

Ask yourself, if you loved the world so much that you'd give your only child would you allow such confusion? Would you let people fight, kill all in the name of false gods all because you refuse to set the record straight for them?

How does any of that make sense to you?

If God is all-powerful, he wants us to worship him, he wants us to follow his commandments, and do as he says...why does he make it so ****ing confusing? Why is there even a need to have this debate?

You want to worship the correct god, don't you? You're a decent god-fearing person, right? Well, so are Jehovah's Witnesses. God has to be capable of clearing up all this confusion, can't he? So why would God allow you to be confused by the wording of his book?
Why even put it in a book? Why not just appear before you and tell you what's true and what's not? Why leave it up for debate when there is so much at stake?

There are literally thousands of different religions that have existed over thousands of years all worshiping slightly different versions of a God. If God was actually real he could solve this debate in an instant.
Yet he chooses to allow his people to fight and kill each other because each one of them is 1000% convinced that they are the chosen ones who actually have the correct answer. When in reality 99.9% of them are wrong.

Isn't the most logical conclusion that God doesn't exist at all? That's why he can't and won't solve this problem, he's not real.

Ask yourself, if you loved the world so much that you'd give your only child would you allow such confusion? Would you let people fight, kill all in the name of false gods all because you refuse to set the record straight for them?

It's confusing because people make it confusing.

So why do you do it?
Knock it off or I'm going to make you explain it.

You see, Mr. Wonka, there are those of us who studied the faith once received and we tell it the way it was told to the first Christians. Then in the late 1800s a guy who worked in a clothes store started his own religion. He called it Christianity but it is pure heresy. Unfortunately this guy duped a bunch of people into spreading his word. Most real Christians know them by their fruits but to those unfamiliar with them its a little harder to see. They're called Jehovah's Witnesses and they make the Gospel confusing.

It's confusing because people make it confusing.
It's confusing because God allows people to make it confusing.
If he existed, he'd have the power to fix that. He doesn't, because he can't. He can't because he doesn't exist at all.

Knock it off or I'm going to make you explain it.

You see, Mr. Wonka, there are those of us who studied the faith once received and we tell it the way it was told to the first Christians. Then in the late 1800s a guy who worked in a clothes store started his own religion. He called it Christianity but it is pure heresy. Unfortunately this guy duped a bunch of people into spreading his word. Most real Christians know them by their fruits but to those unfamiliar with them its a little harder to see. They're called Jehovah's Witnesses and they make the Gospel confusing.
I think most intelligent people who are honest can see who the heretics are...the ones who've adopted pagan beliefs into their worship...it started back in the 4th century with Constantine wishing to unite his kingdom by appeasing the pagans of his day, it was all about politics and still is to this day, not TRUTH...nothing is more confusing than the trinity, hellfire, and the immortal soul because they go against everything the Bible teaches...

It's confusing because God allows people to make it confusing.
If he existed, he'd have the power to fix that. He doesn't, because he can't. He can't because he doesn't exist at all.

God doesn't stop people from.being idiots, this forum is proof of that.

How are Jehovah Witnesses in error?​

All Christians are in error for thinking the Bible is the word of a diety.

It is not.

This thread and all the others like it prove that the Bible IS NOT the word of a diety........beyond any doubt.

How are Jehovah Witnesses in error?​

All Christians are in error for thinking the Bible is the word of a diety.

It is not.

This thread and all the others like it prove that the Bible IS NOT the word of a diety........beyond any doubt.

Prove it.

All angels are spoken of as sons of God...does that mean they are God? No, they are God's creation...

Wrong again. "Son of God" has a Messianic meaning, its not the same as "sons of God".

I think most intelligent people who are honest can see who the heretics are...the ones who've adopted pagan beliefs into their worship...it started back in the 4th century with Constantine wishing to unite his kingdom by appeasing the pagans of his day, it was all about politics and still is to this day, not TRUTH...nothing is more confusing than the trinity, hellfire, and the immortal soul because they go against everything the Bible teaches...

What about your false prophecies? There are pages and pages of them on the internet.

Last edited:
That is not what you said...

Go find out what the phrase "son of God" means.

Angels are "sons of God"...“Son of God” primarily identifies Christ Jesus...others referred to as “son/sons of God” include intelligent spirit creatures produced by God, the man Adam before he sinned, and humans with whom God has dealt on the basis of covenant relationship...

That is not what you said...

Angels are "sons of God"...“Son of God” primarily identifies Christ Jesus...others referred to as “son/sons of God” include intelligent spirit creatures produced by God, the man Adam before he sinned, and humans with whom God has dealt on the basis of covenant relationship...

I've been over this and you haven't refuted anything.

JWs are false prophets.
That is a lie...we have never claimed to be prophets, ever...

Jehovah’s Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus’ second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions ‘in the name of Jehovah.’ Never did they say, ‘These are the words of Jehovah.’ The Watchtower, the official journal of Jehovah’s Witnesses, has said: “We have not the gift of prophecy.” (January 1883, page 425) “Nor would we have our writings reverenced or regarded as infallible.” (December 15, 1896, page 306) The Watchtower has also said that the fact that some have Jehovah’s spirit “does not mean those now serving as Jehovah’s witnesses are inspired. It does not mean that the writings in this magazine The Watchtower are inspired and infallible and without mistakes.” (May 15, 1947, page 157) “The Watchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic.” (August 15, 1950, page 263) “The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)”—February 15, 1981, page 19.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/101993201#h=17:0-18:1260

Prove it.
This thread proves it. As do all threads about it.

Page after page of Christians bickering about what this passage means, and what that pasage means.

'My interpretation is the truth, ' everyone else is wrong!' Etc. Etc. Ad nauseum.

If an actual diety wanted his word written he could do it in such a way that wasn't so patheticly vaugue and open to interpretation.

The fact and content of this thread and all the others like it, prove beyond any doubt that the Bible is not the word of an actual god.

Sure I did, with your own words...lol...

Uh, those aren't my words, and you haven't refuted anything, all you've done is demonstrate your ignorance of scripture. And JWs are false prophets.

I graduated HS years ago and was no longer required to do homework assignments. Why don't you simply stop with the nonsense and tell me what you think it means. I'll let you know if I agree or not with your interpretation and explain why I do or don't.

I don't believe that Michael is the savior if it's in reference to Jesus Christ. They are separate entities just like Jesus and God are.

If God is all-powerful, he wants us to worship him, he wants us to follow his commandments, and do as he says...why does he make it so ****ing confusing?
The argument from omnipotence is one that stands on questionable ground logically. For instance: Can God create a rock that He can't lift? People are not perfect in many ways. Understanding is one of the ways they fall short of perfection. And I sometimes wonder if this is not by design. Part of the amazement of children is their inquisitive nature. They are fascinated with the unknown and early in their lives their main pursuit is exploring their surroundings discovering how things work. Sometimes they figure it out, sometimes they don't. When they don't parents, educators try to explain it to them in simple ways and yet at times they still might not get it. Such is the beauty of trying to figure things out. It makes our lives more purposeful.
Why is there even a need to have this debate?
See above. We seek to understand. But sometimes our understanding is not in sync.Through debate/discussion we can figure it out, sometimes or we don't. Many times I meditate on things I've been told away from the discussions and come away with a better understanding. I may not express it publicly, but the point is to grow in understanding, not to stroke someone's ego.
You want to worship the correct god, don't you?
Of course.
You're a decent god-fearing person, right? Well, so are Jehovah's Witnesses.
Most believers are sincere.
God has to be capable of clearing up all this confusion, can't he?
See above.
So why would God allow you to be confused by the wording of his book?
His "Book" has been given as a gift to mankind. I can give you a gift and you can do whatever you like with it. If you choose to use it in ways not intended why should I give you another gift like it?
God is "spirit". To appear before you in a physical form would only push it back to a scientific explanation. Say he appeared to you as a man claiming to be God? Would you not think or say such a man was insane? If He appeared to you in a burning bush, would you not say (and others say about your vision) that you were hallucinating?

Good question. It just does to me, but it didn't always.

Back
Top Bottom