• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How are groups like Azov (or the other side's militias) viewed by the regular military of one's side?

Putin has helped many far right elements in countries of interest, the Russian government and oligarchs have as well. Seems to be throwing in with a rather popular American cold war strategy. Course Putin knew he couldnt depose democratic leaders with full blown coups so he went the propaganda route and plenty of countries fell for it.

The video below is propaganda from the Russians. It trends on their social media too. They are almost there to seizing Mariupol, the person below says is 100 %, they are not there just yet.

The Russians are playing propaganda music and video -> happy times with 5-6 people that most likely were bussed from Russia as "professional tourists".

Last edited:
The Azov Regiment are literal Neo Nazis who have committed a boatload of war crimes. Calling them “heroes” is ****ing sick.
The Azov Regiment are literal Neo Nazis who have committed a boatload of war crimes. Calling them “heroes” is ****ing sick.

Still a one trick pony, I see.

And there's still ten times as many neonazis in our own military AND our own police force as there are in Ukraine.
And the other difference is, ours are getting money from billionaire donors, and participating in attempts to overthrow our government.
Notice how Ukrainians defend their capital while we attack ours.
Sit down.

So it's okay to have Nazis as long as they are defending the capital?

So it's okay to have Nazis as long as they are defending the capital?

They are helping to try to drive the invading Russians from the country at this point. Do you have a realistic alternative to offer?

Show me where I said that.

Rather than just saying "Hey, **** those Nazis" you literally went and pointed to the Neo-Nazis in the US military and police force, which, while true, has no bearing on the situation here. More importantly, your post came off as a "So what?" attitude with you saying that they were defending the capital and for folks to "sit down."

They are helping to try to drive the invading Russians from the country at this point. Do you have a realistic alternative to offer?

1) The US and co and do their best to ensure that the weapons we are giving Ukraine don't end up in the hands of those idiots.

2) Ukraine can actively target the Nazis and take them out. They may be defending Ukraine now but by allowing them to be hailed as defenders, it could open up political problems (read: coups) down the road.

Rather than just saying "Hey, **** those Nazis" you literally went and pointed to the Neo-Nazis in the US military and police force, which, while true, has no bearing on the situation here. More importantly, your post came off as a "So what?" attitude with you saying that they were defending the capital and for folks to "sit down."

1) The US and co and do their best to ensure that the weapons we are giving Ukraine don't end up in the hands of those idiots.

2) Ukraine can actively target the Nazis and take them out. They may be defending Ukraine now but by allowing them to be hailed as defenders, it could open up political problems (read: coups) down the road.

I see. So you want the Ukrainians to take time out from their war with the military forces of the evil murderous thug Putin and instead attack those who are also fighting those forces.
In other words, you DON’T have any REALISTIC alternatives, You sit comfortably in your nice house typing away in a lather about “Nazis” while the fine citizens of Ukraine are dying and their cities are being ruined. How very nice.

More like "people in glass houses" (like Trump lovers) best not throw stones.

RE

1) That's the best we can hope for, plus it's hard to reconcile Azov's support for Volodymyr Zelenskyy, a Jewish president, unless there's something about most of the Azov's current stance that you're not aware of, or if you're a Trump/Putin supporter.

2) See #1. OR...give Zelenskyy a call.
Skype recently made ALL telephone calls to Ukraine FREE if you have a Skype Telephone number.

I see. So you want the Ukrainians to take time out from their war with the military forces of the evil murderous thug Putin and instead attack those who are also fighting those forces.
In other words, you DON’T have any REALISTIC alternatives, You sit comfortably in your nice house typing away in a lather about “Nazis” while the fine citizens of Ukraine are dying and their cities are being ruined. How very nice.

Actually no. If anything regarding the war, I would support immediate, no pre-conditions diplomacy as that's the only thing that's going to solve the situation.

It is not the job of Vladimir Putin to police the internal far right of a country.

Politics is also balancing your idealism with the reality of your people.

Zelensky knew this since he is working with FORMER Azov. Also he understands the horrible crimes that Stalin did in Ukraine which turned a lot of Ukrainian to accept the devil Hitler for a few months.

Maybe you would have to, some hunger will switch your loyality very quick and if you see the world as "us" vs "them" you bet they will get your mind. Regardless if Stalin or Hitler type of doctrine in my opinion.

The FSB propaganda leaves out the fact that Ukrainians when they realized what Hitler was doing switched arms and push the Germans back.

I think Zelensky is terrible for a lot of diplomatic issues with NATO but to attack Ukraine over "nazis" is superficial in my opinion.

Good day (y)

Actually no. If anything regarding the war, I would support immediate, no pre-conditions diplomacy as that's the only thing that's going to solve the situation.

Then call Mr Putin and recommend that.

Back
Top Bottom