• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How About Calling for Assassination of Robertson?

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This guy's mouth is overloading his ass once again. Robertson once again is calling for the assassination of Chavez.

Hey, I have an idea. Just for grins, why dont we all call for Robertson's assassination, just to see what his reaction would be. My bet is that Robertson would whine about how wrong and unchristianlike this is. He would probably get on his phone to God to have him pull Jesus Christ out of the diamond mine where he supervises the slaves, and bring him over to preach that killing hypocritical false prophets is wrong. While his friend JC is setting everyone straight, he might as well put a curse on those who disagree with Robertson while he is at it. Lets see now, what kind of curse should Jesus put on them? How about dying of horrible and painful diseases? Wait, I've got something better. Have Jesus cause a giant F100 tornado to cross the United States killing everyone who is anti diamond mining?

Seriously, How about JC sending his best friend Robertson a telegram which says "Shut your *^%#@ing mouth and go to hell"? Yea, thats the ticket.

Based on this article.

danarhea said:
This guy's mouth is overloading his ass once again. Robertson once again is calling for the assassination of Chavez.

Hey, I have an idea. Just for grins, why dont we all call for Robertson's assassination, just to see what his reaction would be. My bet is that Robertson would whine about how wrong and unchristianlike this is. He would probably get on his phone to God to have him pull Jesus Christ out of the diamond mine where he supervises the slaves, and bring him over to preach that killing hypocritical false prophets is wrong. While his friend JC is setting everyone straight, he might as well put a curse on those who disagree with Robertson while he is at it. Lets see now, what kind of curse should Jesus put on them? How about dying of horrible and painful diseases? Wait, I've got something better. Have Jesus cause a giant F100 tornado to cross the United States killing everyone who is anti diamond mining?

Seriously, How about JC sending his best friend Robertson a telegram which says "Shut your *^%#@ing mouth and go to hell"? Yea, thats the ticket.

Geeezzzzz! You sure hit the nail on the head!!! Great post.

I am no fan of Pat Robertson or of Chavez. However, I think Alan Colmes is a snake. You have to admit he worked very hard to try and get Robertson in a corner and tried to put words in his mouth. All Robertson would say is "one day he will be taken out, one day." I think it's a stretch to say that he "called for" a Chavez assasination.

Ahhh, Robertson does this stuff all the time.He has no excuse.

KCConservative said:
I am no fan of Pat Robertson or of Chavez. However, I think Alan Colmes is a snake. You have to admit he worked very hard to try and get Robertson in a corner and tried to put words in his mouth. All Robertson would say is "one day he will be taken out, one day." I think it's a stretch to say that he "called for" a Chavez assasination.

Ahh, the "its someone elses fault" syndrome rearing its head again. How long before you blame Bill Clinton for what Robertson said?

** Gets out his watch and starts counting the seconds **

danarhea said:
Ahh, the "its someone elses fault" syndrome rearing its head again. How long before you blame Bill Clinton for what Robertson said?

That's funny. It used to be death and taxes were the only things you could call absolutes. Now you can add Neo-cons will blame Clinton for any and everything...liberals will blame GW Bush. As you point out you can almost set your watch by it.

danarhea said:

Why would I make a leap such as that? You're going to be waiting a long time, dana.

KCConservative said:
Why would I make a leap such as that? You're going to be waiting a long time, dana.

Why do you think that? After all, it only took you nanoseconds to try and blame what Robertson said on his interviewer. Its not such a big leap in faith to assume that it wont belong before you lay the blame on Clinton.

danarhea said:
Why do you think that? After all, it only took you nanoseconds to try and blame what Robertson said on his interviewer. Its not such a big leap in faith to assume that it wont belong before you lay the blame on Clinton.

And now you are calling for the "Assassination of James?

danarhea said:
I still don't see what Clinton has to do with this. And I am not blaming Colmes, really. He is free to ask any questions he wants. But I do think he was trying to get Robertson pinned down. Furthermore, I think, once again, your thread title is very misleading. I showed how Robertson said that "one day" Chavez may be "taken out." Can you show us in that interview where Robertson "called for" a Chavez assasination?

KCConservative said:
I still don't see what Clinton has to do with this. And I am not blaming Colmes, really. He is free to ask any questions he wants. But I do think he was trying to get Robertson pinned down. Furthermore, I think, once again, your thread title is very misleading. I showed how Robertson said that "one day" Chavez may be "taken out." Can you show us in that interview where Robertson "called for" a Chavez assasination?

You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200508220006

Those are his direct words, transcribed. Can't get any plainer than that, KC.

debate_junkie said:
You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it. It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war.

Yup, those are the words. During the interview on FOX News, Colmes stated those very words, which Robertson has said, and Robertson reiterated that Chavez needs to be taken out eventually. KC then says that Colmes was putting those words into Robertson's mouth. Fact is, Robertson actually said them the first time, and reiterated them the second time when Colmes asked him about those specific words.

Again, this is very typical of the way Bush supporters refuse to admit that those who support Bush should take a little responsibility. Reagan did, and he remains one of our beloved presidents, but we all know that Bush and his ilk are no Ronald Reagans. In fact, Reagan is turning in his grave right now.

Pacridge said:
That's funny. It used to be death and taxes were the only things you could call absolutes. Now you can add Neo-cons will blame Clinton for any and everything...liberals will blame GW Bush. As you point out you can almost set your watch by it.
Children "blame", they do not know better.
Adults accept responsibility and try to improve a situation..

debate_junkie said:

Those are the words he spoke in August of 2005. Yes, he said it then and I am not defending him in any way. But Dana's thread is about Robertson's most recent interview with Alan Colmes. I made that clear when I first chimed in on this thread.

No matter what dana says, I am not defending Robertson and I could care less that he is a Bush supporter. It's interesting that dana always manages to find a partisan angle, but it doesn't fly here.

I only pointed out what was quite evident. Colmes tried very hard to get Robertson to repeat his words from last August and Robertson wouldn't do it. Instead, Colmes had to settle for Robertson saying that he believed "Chavez will be taken out"... "one day, one day." That is hardly "calling for" the assasination of Chavez. After the initial flap, he seemed to have chosen his words more carefully.

Colmes (and danarhea) like to stir a pot which doesn't need stirring.

Last edited:
KCConservative said:
Those are the words he spoke in August of 2005. Yes, he said it then and I am not defending him in any way. But Dana's thread is about Robertson's most recent interview with Alan Colmes. I made that clear when I first chimed in on this thread. No matter what dana says, I am not defending Robertson and I could care less that he is a Bush supporter. It's interesting that dana always manages to find a partisan angle, but it doesn't fly here. I only pointed out what was quite evident. Colmes tried very hard to get Robertson to repeat his words from last August and Robertson wouldn't do it. After the initial flap, he seemed to have chosen his words more carefully.
Actually, that is not exactly what you said earlier. Let me remind you:
KCConservative said:
Oops, those pesky audit trails on your quotes will get you every time.

Now let me quote from the actual interview, so everyone can see that Robertson, indeed, is still calling for the assassination of Chavez. Whether it is now or one day is irrelevant. He still is advocating for the assassination of a democratically elected leader. This is very plain.

When co-host Alan Colmes asked Robertson, "f he [Chavez] were assassinated, the world would be a safer place?" Robertson answered, "I think South America would." When Colmes later pressed Robertson, asking, "Do you want him [Chavez] taken out?" Robertson retorted, "Not now, but one day, one day, one day." Earlier, Colmes had asked, "Should Chavez be assassinated?" Robertson explained that "one day," Chavez will "be aiming nuclear weapons; and what's coming across the Gulf [of Mexico] isn't going to be [Hurricane] Katrina, it's going to be his nukes." Co-host Sean Hannity agreed that "the world would be better off without him where he [Chavez] is, because he is a danger to the United States."

As you can see, the part where KC says that Robertson is saying that Chavez would be taken out one day is a little twist on words to make it seem that Robertson is moderating his position, when that is not the case. The "one day" part of this was initiated by Colmes, not Robertson. And whether he is calling for assassination now or one day doesnt matter. He is still calling for assassination. That is why KC's posting in this thread reeks of misrepresentation.

From this article.

Last edited:
danarhea said:
Actually, that is not exactly what you said earlier. Let me remind you:

Oops, those pesky audit trails on your quotes will get you every time.

Finally, let me quote from the actual interview, so everyone can see that Robertson, indeed, is still calling for the assassination of Chavez. Whether it is now or one day is irrelevant. He still is advocating for the assassination of a democratically elected leader. This is very plain.

As you can see, the part where KC says that Robertson is saying that Chavez would be taken out one day is a little twist on words to make it seem that Robertson is moderating his position, when that is not the case. The "one day" part of this was initiated by Colmes, not Robertson. And whether he is calling for assassination now or one day doesnt matter. He is still calling for assassination. That is why KC's posting in this thread reeks of misrepresentation.

From this article.

Thanks for the audit trail. It shows that I am consistant with my viewpoint.

As for what 'reeks' or what is 'twisted' or what is 'misrepresention', dana, I'm not playing that game with you today. Quit with your attacks and stay on topic, please.

KCConservative said:
Thanks for the audit trail. It shows that I am consistant with my viewpoint.

As for what 'reeks' or what is 'twisted' or what is 'misrepresention', dana, I'm not playing that game with you today. Quit with your attacks and stay on topic, please.

Sensitive today, arent you? Nobody is attacking you, just your misrepresentation of what Robertson said.

Let me make this easy for you. Do you admit or deny that Robertson took the position a second time that a democratically elected leader of a nation should be assassinated?

danarhea said:

Based on this article.

In my opinion Robertson is eliminating any possiblity the United Stated will assinate Chavez.Because before he opened his a mouth a covert team could have assinated Chavez and no one would have been the wiser as to who killed him.Since Robertson opened his mouth any future attempts at assinating Chaves will be discouraged because everyone will know who to point the finger at if something happens to Chavez.

danarhea said:
Sensitive today, arent you? Nobody is attacking you, just your misrepresentation of what Robertson said.

Let me make this easy for you. Do you admit or deny that Robertson took the position a second time that a democratically elected leader of a nation should be assassinated?

I admit he said that the first time and that he probably still thinks it. But this time, he was very careful not to say it again, no matter how hard Colmes tried to bring it back up. No doubt, he believes Chavz should be assasinated and he said he thought it would happen one day. But he did not call for it.

KCConservative said:
I admit he said that the first time and that he probably still thinks it. But this time, he was very careful not to say it again, no matter how hard Colmes tried to bring it back up. No doubt, he believes Chavz should be assasinated and he said he thought it would happen one day. But he did not call for it.

And that is where you are wrong.

Colmes: "Do you want him taken out?"

Robertson: "Not now, but one day, one day, one day."

Colmes merely asked a question. Robertson answered it. Whats all this about Colmes trying to bring it up and put words in Robertson's mouth as you have been saying all along in this thread? This is why I called it misrepresentation.

danarhea said:
And that is where you are wrong.

Colmes merely asked a question. Robertson answered it. Whats all this about Colmes trying to bring it up and put words in Robertson's mouth as you have been saying all along in this thread? This is why I called it misrepresentation.
And I think your thread title is misrepresentation. He didn't call for anything.

KCConservative said:
And I think your thread title is misrepresentation. He didn't call for anything.

He didnt?

Sure sounds like it to any reasonable person.

danarhea said:
He didnt?

Sure sounds like it to any reasonable person.

Did he call for it? Did he make a request of anyone? I don't think so. Colmes didn't even ask if he was calling for it. He asked if he wants to see it happen one day. Robertson said yes. I don't think that is calling for anyone to do anything.

And yes, we all see that by saying "any reasonable person", you are taking another opportunity to make it personal.

Back
Top Bottom