• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How about betting?

tererun

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I am not talking real money here, but how about a betting game where the users have money and vote on a poll as a bet and whatever turns out right wins. Now you don't put any money into this. You just have a total where the prediction came through. So a person who predicts something would happen a lot would get basically a score. Perhaps someone would take up the mantle of organizing topical questions and poll responses and we see what comes out.

Like for instance in our current situation is Obama going to fold and allow a rider on the budget. The results could be argued and people would place their bets and score points.

I think it would be a fun game for all of us to play.

Oh yeah, I am not going away with this fun thing either. This place needs more competitions. The people are looking for scores beyond likes. We can find a way to make it promote discussion and good argument because you are so diligent at your job of moderation. Maybe you make it so that the only peiople who get to score points at all are people who donate for the service. Give people an incentive to invest in their place of discussion and let them know you are serious about this.

This place needs more competitions. The people are looking for scores beyond likes.
Wtf?
You look at "likes" as a score?

Since you don't have to be a registered user in order to vote in a poll, this would never work. It's too easy to "cheat".

I don't know if the forum software here would support it, but Bulletin has imaginary currency called "vCash" that can be bet in a similar way to what the OP is talking about.

The only way that this would work is if the Poll was Open. There are a few posters around here that won't vote in an open poll, generally giving the excuse that it will mark them as a "target" against anyone that disagrees with them and they will personally get attacked. Personally I think there are other reasons but I won't voice them.

Back
Top Bottom