• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Houston @ Washington: Taking bets

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
All righty then, we have two undefeated teams going head to head. Washington proved they were able to down Dallas and Houston manhandled the Colts. But that was week one, the real test IMHO is game two. Can your team rally from an emotional win against an opponent they'd spent months prepping for and then turn it on again the next week?

I'm thinking that the advantages are all in Houston this week. They have had an emotional win, and are riding high in confidence, plus suddenly learning the Texans have one hell of a ground game has placed the League on notice. I'm sure that during the off season the Coaches were plotting to defend against Houston's high flying O, now they have to adjust for a brutal ground game... can they make said adjustment? I'm thinking the answer is no.

Also, while it is true Houston is without their star LB, still out for three more games, and they have a young secondary, they proved themselves able to contain Peyton Manning. The Redskins are good, but they aren't Colt's good.

I'm betting this one will be a 28-17 game Houston over Washington.

I'll change my sig to read "Houston, beat down by the Redskins, and I couldn't see it coming". If Houston loses, anyone that takes the bet for the Redskins must do the same, but in reverse obviously.

Any takers?

*Point spread don't matter, it's win or lose TYVFM.

Anyone else watching this game?

It's a monster of a game 27-27 in OT, Hou has the ball, 5:01 to go, and a challenge on a great catch going on.

HOUSTON WINS! HOUSTON WINS!!!!

30-27!!!!

OT WIN

GO TEXANS GO TEXANS!

Texans are no joke this year. I was talking to some friends at the bar before the Colts game during week 1, and everyone was saying that if they could get such-and-such together, they'd be brutal. Everyone ended their assessment with "but they're in a really tough division, and won't get past the Colts". We see how that went, lol!

Seattle was gettin' smoked, so I turned my attention to the Texans game. Those boys don't disappoint, I gotta tell ya. I don't really follow the team, but I like Matt Shaub. I'm gonna keep my eye on them for sure this year.

Texans are no joke this year. I was talking to some friends at the bar before the Colts game during week 1, and everyone was saying that if they could get such-and-such together, they'd be brutal. Everyone ended their assessment with "but they're in a really tough division, and won't get past the Colts". We see how that went, lol!

Seattle was gettin' smoked, so I turned my attention to the Texans game. Those boys don't disappoint, I gotta tell ya. I don't really follow the team, but I like Matt Shaub. I'm gonna keep my eye on them for sure this year.

Well this game certainly didn't disappoint :) That last minute TD by Johnson... was incredible. But the D, they held the line. Taht beat the Redskins...

I'm just... ecstatic right now.

Back
Top Bottom