• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Houston picture

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
With all the news lately about Hurricane Katrina, we shouldn't forget

that Houston has had it's share of devastating weather also.

The attached photo illustrates the damage caused to a home when

Hurricane Rita passed through the Houston area a couple of days ago. It

really makes you cherish what you have, and reminds us not to take life for

granted!!!

Warning: The attached picture is quite graphic and may not be suitable

for younger viewers.

Attachments

• rita2.jpg
    rita2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 31
:rofl

What made that was the setup!

I did NOT see that coming...:doh

:rofl

test - please ignore.

Hey, thats not funny, that poor chair has a family, how do you think it made them feel to see their chair lying there like that. Just horrible, I can't believe you would make lite of such a dier situation, how is the rest of the patio furniture ever going to feel whole again.:mrgreen:

vauge said:
With all the news lately about Hurricane Katrina, we shouldn't forget

that Houston has had it's share of devastating weather also.

The attached photo illustrates the damage caused to a home when

Hurricane Rita passed through the Houston area a couple of days ago. It

really makes you cherish what you have, and reminds us not to take life for

granted!!!

Warning: The attached picture is quite graphic and may not be suitable

for younger viewers.

Oh my God. You showed the picture. I wish you hadn't. Channel 13 is now on the air with that picture, and warning Houstonians of a magnitude 8.5 earthquake caused when the chair fell over. Get ready Dallas. Here we come again. LOL.

Wow I'm a little worried now. I'm moving to Houston in a couple months, but after that horrible picture, I might rethink it...:lol:

Kelzie said:
Wow I'm a little worried now. I'm moving to Houston in a couple months, but after that horrible picture, I might rethink it...:lol:

Kelzie, are you really moving there? If you want some great restaurant recommendations, let me know. If you like fajitas, you must go to Papasito's. They have the best beef fajitas. Sigh. I miss them (although I am going to Houston in November and will gobble some fajitas then).

aps said:
Kelzie, are you really moving there? If you want some great restaurant recommendations, let me know. If you like fajitas, you must go to Papasito's. They have the best beef fajitas. Sigh. I miss them (although I am going to Houston in November and will gobble some fajitas then).

OMG - you're recommending beef fajitas to a vegan?

Naughty Nurse said:
OMG - you're recommending beef fajitas to a vegan?

Ha ha ha, Naughty (love your name). I am embarrassed to say that I had not seen the "vegan" under his/her name. Yikes!

aps said:
Ha ha ha, Naughty (love your name). I am embarrassed to say that I had not seen the "vegan" under his/her name. Yikes!

OMG again - you're referring to the forum sex-goddess as his/her? Her many male admirers will be out to get you! ;)

Naughty Nurse said:
OMG again - you're referring to the forum sex-goddess as his/her? Her many male admirers will be out to get you! ;)

Hey, I don't always think to click on someone's profile. Are you a chick? (I am.) :cool:

Naughty Nurse said:
No, hon. Butch guy.

Love it. Both my sisters are nurses, so I thought you might be too (I know, I know--stereotyping). Very cool profession.

aps said:

Hello?!? HELLO!!!! The beef fajitas I can forgive. HIS/HER?!?!?!?

Do you see my avatar??? Do I look like a "his"?!?

You're lucky I can't give you the eye of shame over the internet. Lu-cky.

;)

Naughty Nurse said:

Waaiiittt....I thought that was you? I know cnredd seems to have a little something for you...teach too...don't forget HT...really, who doesn't?:2wave:

Kelzie said:
Waaiiittt....I thought that was you? I know cnredd seems to have a little something for you...teach too...don't forget HT...really, who doesn't?:2wave:
My feelings for Naughty Nurse is just an act to get women jealous...

Actually, I've narrowed it down to anyone that won't put a restraining order on me afterward....:2wave:

Kelzie said:
Hello?!? HELLO!!!! The beef fajitas I can forgive. HIS/HER?!?!?!?

Do you see my avatar??? Do I look like a "his"?!?

You're lucky I can't give you the eye of shame over the internet. Lu-cky.

;)

Kelzie, I don't see an avatar. Are you yanking my chain?

aps said:
I see her avatar everytime I close my eyes...:kissy:

aps said:

Okay. Consider yourself forgiven. :lol: I really do have an avatar of me. Looking very girly I might add. Must be something up with your computer.

Kelzie said:
Okay. Consider yourself forgiven. :lol: I really do have an avatar of me. Looking very girly I might add. Must be something up with your computer.

So why don't I see an avatar? I saw your pic in the pic thread--very pretty.

What made you become a vegan?

aps said:
So why don't I see an avatar? I saw your pic in the pic thread--very pretty.

What made you become a vegan?

That's funny, I just answered that question on the Animal Holocaust thread. It was an article by Peter Singer entitled All Animals Are Equal. Read it in my ethics class a year ago (woo hoo everyone!!! One year!!!). Went cold turkey vegan that day.

And I have no idea how computers work. It took my two hours to get my avatar up in the first place. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom