• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Household Tyrants: The Republican Push for "Parents' Rights" Comes at the Cost of the Children

Well given that "Trumpism" is an affliction of only progressives, I doubt it.
Trumpism is a cancer on all Americans, even the morons perpetuating it.

Fortunately there are only a few of you, and you're quite fringe.
🤣 If I were part of a fringe, how would that explain Loser #45’s current home address?

Imagine that. Parents more invested in their kids getting an actual education in school rather than being subjected to piece of shit Marxist leftists intent on indoctrinating their children in the leftist race/hate orgy of CRT in its current disguise (since CRT is such a ridiculous piece of shit even lecftists arent buying into it) 'anti-racism'...and the pressing of demented leftist gender issues as a new societal norm. Because THAT is what the corrupt leftist pieces of shit governing school boards think schools should be for.

I get why that has you so upset.
When exactly did factual sex education and mental health become a Marxist idea? Are all Drs and psychologists now closet Marxists?

🤣 If I were part of a fringe, how would that explain Loser #45’s current home address?
Lots of people thought he did a lousy job, particularly wrt COVID. That doesn't make them Trumpists. Given their experience in the last year with the utter ineptitude, incompetence and corruption of he demented simp they put in office, the reasonable ones are regretting their choice.

"To empower parents, Florida Republicans would put children in danger. If passed, their Parental Rights in Education legislation, known more commonly as the “don’t say gay” bills, would prevent public-school districts from “encouraging classroom discussion about sexual orientation or gender identity,” CBS News reports. A proposed amendment would have required educators to report a child’s disclosure about their gender identity or sexual orientation to parents within six weeks.

Republicans haven’t been shy about their rationale. The text of the bills says they allegedly “reinforce the fundamental right of parents to make decisions regarding the upbringing and control of their children.” Last year, Senator Josh Hawley introduced a federal Parents’ Bill of Rights, which would include the right to review curricula and to visit children during school hours. In Texas, Governor Greg Abbott announced his own Parental Bill of Rights last month. “Parents will be restored to their rightful place as the preeminent decision-maker for their children,” he said at a campaign event held, fittingly, at a charter school. On Wednesday, Abbott told Texas state agencies to investigate reports of gender-affirming care for transgender children.

...As the conservative fringe gathers the party into itself, movements like parental rights move from obscurity into the mainstream. The GOP is turning to parental rights as it tilts headfirst to the far right. The two trends are linked. As Republicans long for a strong figure in power, they imagine the same figure in every home. Subject of a household tyrant, the child has no freedom. They had little enough at all: Their right to an education, to independent thought and action, has historically been secondary to their parent’s preferences. The GOP, with the Christian right behind it, would restrict them further, even if it places them in danger of neglect or abuse.

To the GOP, the parent exists to enforce the party’s will, as though the parent is simply the local arm of a national entity. Parents who fail to obey may find their powers restricted by the state. Authoritarianism is inconsistent in this way; rights granted to followers are not extended to dissenters. For the latter there exists only punishment, a fate that extends to their children. The GOP is the party of parental rights because it is increasingly anti-democratic. It has become the party of ruthless, cynical power, and children aren’t exempt from its schemes. In fact, they’re key.:

Link

Excellent point. Republican parents rights movement serves a particular group of parents under the guise of "the parents." This is just like how tyrants say they are acting on behalf of "the people." Yeah, their people. No one else qualifies. Other people are more likely to be punished by them than supported by them.

The library book issue is a good example. Take out books their parents object to. Other parents who support these books in the library are punished by their kids being denied them. Same with teaching racism in the classroom. Their parents are rewarded by having such teaching banned. Other parents, who support more diverse voices in the classroom are punished by being denied this for their children altogether.

Needless to say, their parents are mostly straight, white and utterly pissed off about a changing world they can't stop. But if they aren't stopped, they'll do a lot of damage trying.
Another bunch of BS. Nobody cares more about children and their welfare than their parents. Their education, their health care are the duty and resonpsibility of the parents and not a bunch of liberal progressives that think it takes a village, and a village not related to the children. It's like crt, and covid vaccinations which have been proven to do either harm to children or not to be necessary in the case of the vaccine. F up your own kids.

Lots of people thought he did a lousy job,
Most people know Loser #45 did much, much worse than “a lousy job”.

Among his many negative distinctions, Loser #45 retains the record for lowest approval rating of any presidential candidate in the entire history of polling, and the only president to never, not one single day, to reach 50% nationwide approval.
particularly wrt COVID.
Loser #45’s record of lies, disinformation, attacks on elected officials, etc, etc, will forever be an albatross hung on his legacy.
That doesn't make them Trumpists.
Support for idiotic, bigoted, hate based, and fascist attacks on our country and it’s citizens is what makes them Trumpsters.
Given their experience in the last year with the utter ineptitude, incompetence and corruption of he demented simp they put in office, the reasonable ones are regretting their choice.
Biden has. unfortunately, met my expectations. Still, I much prefer him over Loser #45.

Id say its a fair claim that a good majority of the school systems in the country run by piece of shit rat marxist rats that you support are struggling, and the Dept of Education you blindly support does a good job of chewing through over half of the tax money dedicated to it in beauracrcy and fails miserably in supporting the students.

But again...I get it...you LIKE failed school districts.
I've noticed over the years folks on the right are good at pointing out our problems but not so good at fixing them.

Rat marxist rats. I applaud your vocabulary and your ability to express yourself.

I've noticed over the years folks on the right are good at pointing out our problems but not so good at fixing them.
Well, it is very difficult in fixing liberal screw ups. It's like trying to get dog shit AND wads of chewing gum off both shoes.

Back
Top Bottom