• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House to vote on cutting funds for NPR...

The idea that NPR is liberally biased is just so ****ing dumb. Jesus Christ, what is wrong with the right wing?
One of their biggest shows is a couple guys who make jokes while helping you diagnose car troubles.

Can anyone name another instance of "being liberal" beyond Juan Williams' firing? Off the top of their heads, I mean, no googling. Ask yourself that honestly.

That fact you don't see it speaks to how conditioned you are. You live in California, right? When I go there, it's like visiting Mars, so I can understand how "down the middle" NPR might seem to you. To us flyover states, it's like listening to Lenin discuss the days events.

The NPR is more liberal and favors the Democrats, this is why I think they voted to keep it. I think the government shouldn't subsidize things like the NPR or Amtrak.

To be fair, the Dems voted NO on everything the rep have brought to the floor through YouCut. It's not just because NPR is liberal. Jan. can't come soon enough.
I think this link will take you to the page with the list at the bottom. I believe they all failed with almost 100% of the dems voting against.
Eric Cantor || Republican Whip || YouCut

And NPR is way left. Give me an 'effin break.

Is it all the good information?

To us flyover states, it's like listening to Lenin discuss the days events.

Is it the hot jazz or the bluegrass or overemphasis on american culture that tips you off to the commie plot? An accurate and fair share allotment of time for the whole spectrum of american culture may seem that way to you.

Last edited:
The idea that NPR is liberally biased is just so ****ing dumb. Jesus Christ, what is wrong with the right wing?
One of their biggest shows is a couple guys who make jokes while helping you diagnose car troubles.

Can anyone name another instance of "being liberal" beyond Juan Williams' firing? Off the top of their heads, I mean, no googling. Ask yourself that honestly.

They are funded by George Soros. They have 0 republican or conservative employees.

To be fair, the Dems voted NO on everything the rep have brought to the floor through YouCut. It's not just because NPR is liberal. Jan. can't come soon enough.
I think this link will take you to the page with the list at the bottom. I believe they all failed with almost 100% of the dems voting against.
Eric Cantor || Republican Whip || YouCut

Are you saying the Dems are being obstructionist? :shock:

They are funded by George Soros. They have 0 republican or conservative employees.

Forget the Soros nonsense. Please provide documentation for your claim about the employees.

Are you saying the Dems are being obstructionist? :shock:

That couldn't possibly be. I know it's the Rep who obstruct everything. I heard it from ED, Chris, Keith, Weiner, Pelosi, Reid, Axelrod, Barack, Barney, Bernie, Biden, Charlie, Chuck...........
It must be true....

That fact you don't see it speaks to how conditioned you are. You live in California, right? When I go there, it's like visiting Mars, so I can understand how "down the middle" NPR might seem to you. To us flyover states, it's like listening to Lenin discuss the days events.

I live in the great American heartland also. Always have. NPR is one of the few objective media outlets left to get good reporting. I would apply the statement you just made right back on you. The fact that you see NPR as far left shows how conditioned you are by the right wing.

Some think Obama will start governing through executive orders

The first two words there seem to be an oxymoron given the rest of the statement.

Forget the Soros nonsense. Please provide documentation for your claim about the employees.

I can't find an employee if he doesn't exist. Do you think they are going to advertise that they don't hire them? Even if they hired 1% conservatives, that wouldn't prove they weren't a left wing outlet.
Soros is a left winger, he funds it. Unless you can find where some right wing org. also funds it, than I think it's pertinent.

The first two words there seem to be an oxymoron given the rest of the statement.

...and yet you haven't managed a cogent argument as to why the government should be funding a media outlet. You loves you some gub'ment.

I can't find an employee if he doesn't exist. Do you think they are going to advertise that they don't hire them? Even if they hired 1% conservatives, that wouldn't prove they weren't a left wing outlet.
Soros is a left winger, he funds it. Unless you can find where some right wing org. also funds it, than I think it's pertinent.

Not asking you to do that. Just provide some objective evidence of your claim.

...and yet you haven't managed a cogent argument as to why the government should be funding a media outlet. You loves you some gub'ment.

I don't remember taking a stand that they should.

They're only valid to you if we can remember them without looking them up? What kind of bull**** is that?

NPR Admits a Liberal Bias
Last week, NPR’s own official ombudsman, Jeffrey Dvorkin, admitted a liberal bias in NPR’s talk programming. The daily program "Fresh Air with Terry Gross" – a 60-minute talk show about the arts, literature, and also politics – airs on 378 public-radio stations across the fruited plain. Gross recently became a hot topic on journalism Web sites for first having a friendly, giggly interview with "satirist" Al Franken, promoting his obnoxious screed against conservatives on September 3, and then on October 8, unloading an accusatory, hostile interview on Bill O’Reilly. She pressed the Fox host to respond to the obnoxious attacks of Franken and other critics. Dvorkin ruled: "Unfortunately, the [O'Reilly] interview only served to confirm the belief, held by some, in NPR's liberal media bias....by coming across as a pro-Franken partisan rather than a neutral and curious journalist, Gross did almost nothing that might have allowed the interview to develop."

Gee whiz Who - I have heard noted conservative P.J. O'Rourke many times on various NPR shows criticizing liberals and Dems including the very Terry Gross FRESH AIR show you criticize.

I guess by your standards that makes it a conservative biased show?

Not asking you to do that. Just provide some objective evidence of your claim.

I'm sure Soros didn't supply 1.8 million for 100 conservative journalists when they will be investigating FOX and others on the right.
So have you come up with proof that NPR is not liberal?

barbb - honest question for you please... how much have you actually listened to NPR?

They're only valid to you if we can remember them without looking them up? What kind of bull**** is that?

NPR Admits a Liberal Bias

To be fair. Sometimes when I listen to fresh air, I get annoyed by Terry Gross's agenda and wish she would just be a journalist.

Reactions: mpg
barbb - honest question for you please... how much have you actually listened to NPR?

Not much. I fall asleep. Can you tell me when they have news? What I heard the few times I listened was some kind of artsy fartsy liberal story telling or something like that. I believe I also heard some outrageous comment about conservatives that I posted one time. Can't remember what it was.

I've listened to NPR steadily for 25 years. Up until two years ago, I was a steady member, too. I've said it before around here; will say it again now: NPR is thoroughly liberal.

Which doesn't mean they're not good; they are. It doesn't mean they're not worthwhile; they are.

But they are thoroughly liberal.

Yes, they have the occasional conservative guests and every now and then a commentary piece. But the shows themselves? Hosted by liberals and it's reflected in those shows. The idea that, say, Diane Rehm or Terry Gross or Tavis Smiley or Neil Conan or Maria Hinojosa or Ray Suarez or Tom Ashbrook are not liberals and that it doesn't show through is laugh-out-loud preposterous.

Their news is very, very good, professional, competent, in-depth -- but certainly told from a liberal point of view, with liberal assumptions.

Reactions: mpg
Not much. I fall asleep. Can you tell me when they have news? What I heard the few times I listened was some kind of artsy fartsy liberal story telling or something like that. I believe I also heard some outrageous comment about conservatives that I posted one time. Can't remember what it was.

News is at the top of the hour.

I've listened to NPR steadily for 25 years. Up until two years ago, I was a steady member, too. I've said it before around here; will say it again now: NPR is thoroughly liberal.

Which doesn't mean they're not good; they are. It doesn't mean they're not worthwhile; they are.

But they are thoroughly liberal.

Yes, they have the occasional conservative guests and every now and then a commentary piece. But the shows themselves? Hosted by liberals and it's reflected in those shows. The idea that, say, Diane Rehm or Terry Gross or Tavis Smiley or Neil Conan or Maria Hinojosa or Ray Suarez or Tom Ashbrook are not liberals and that it doesn't show through is laugh-out-loud preposterous.

Their news is very, very good, professional, competent, in-depth -- but certainly told from a liberal point of view, with liberal assumptions.

Anyone's opinion whether something is liberal, conservative or middle of the road is dependent on where they sit on the political spectrum. If you sit on the far right, then everything is to the left and vice versa. Your opinion is just one of many,,,

Back
Top Bottom