• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House to try again to pass 3 emergency funding bills amid government slimdown

In the progressive brain it's because the republicans aren't giving progressives whatever the **** they want when they want it..

Progressives feel entitled to whatever they want when they want it and this just goes to prove that....

Remember when a 5-year-old wants a candy bar and throws a fit for one and mommy says no - it's never their fault for acting like the children they are - it's "mommies fault."

Well you're seeing the same thing happen today on capitol hill - democrats are the 5-year-olds crying for candy and republicans are the parent saying "no." "No" being Obamacare.

"if you don't give me candy mommy I'm not going to clean my room"

The Republicans are acting the same way. If they can't repeal Obamacare, they won't do anything. They are expecting the Senate to rubber stamp the House bills, and when they don't we hear "Where's the Senate?" They're flushing your crap, that's where they are. And instead of learning their lesson, they just go and do it again.

The Democrats could compromise more, if they wanted too. However, sending up the same bill time after time to be voted down time after time doesn't exactly help the situation either.

Not that I'd expect you to see that.

We keep electing the same clowns over again, and expect the circus will be different this time. Then somebody says "term limits" but still votes for the incumbent. Until the American people wake up and realize that the worst thing they could possibly do is vote for the same party, this is what you get.

This is just the same thing as passing a budget that defunds healthcare, they are trying to fund everything except the healthcare law. The Republicans want to pick and choose, either fund the entire government or face the backlash for shutting it down.

And the problem with defunding ACA?

Re: Democrats Hold

My apologies for not communicating clearly. The poll data i was referencing was with respect to the government shutdown. So while the majority of Americans oppose the ACA, this does not translate to support for actions of the HOR. I have yet to see a single poll that shows favorable support for appealing/defunding/etc... via the budgetary process.

That's where funding happens, in the budgetary process. That being said, the Democrats are the ones holding that process up. How you fail to see that blows my mind.

And the problem with defunding ACA?

they do to have these things - called votes - to make that happen

figured you already knew that; i assumed too much, obviously

The Republicans are acting the same way. If they can't repeal Obamacare, they won't do anything. They are expecting the Senate to rubber stamp the House bills, and when they don't we hear "Where's the Senate?" They're flushing your crap, that's where they are. And instead of learning their lesson, they just go and do it again.

The Democrats could compromise more, if they wanted too. However, sending up the same bill time after time to be voted down time after time doesn't exactly help the situation either.

Not that I'd expect you to see that.

We keep electing the same clowns over again, and expect the circus will be different this time. Then somebody says "term limits" but still votes for the incumbent. Until the American people wake up and realize that the worst thing they could possibly do is vote for the same party, this is what you get.

NO NO NO

"Republicans" (Libertarians, Tea Party, real republicans) are saying they will fund the government but WONT FUND OBAMACARE..

The Senate has been rejecting their funding bills unless non progressives fund Obamacare which every intelligent individual knows will KILL YOUR CIVIL LIBERTIES ENTIRELY and grand government authorization of all social and industrial activities - from the small business to the individual to the corporation....

Get ready for a long shutdown because the house sees this and this will never happen...

The House is willing to fund the government just NOT Obamacare....

Obamacare is the end all between individual liberty and authoritarian government in the United States...

If the government controls and dictates your healthcare then they control your environment, because your health is the byproduct of your environment therefore they can demonize any product and industry and cite "health care costs."

The objective of Obamacare is to control the individual and dictate economy.....

Well said. This administration only represents - only WANTS to represent half the people - while demonizing, vilifying, and segregating the other half.

yes, but he knows, creates, and capitalizes on human weakness so he's actively growing the Government <read, entitlements> to create more dependencies so he'll represent more than half the people.
he's a bad guy but he's no fool.

no surprise i see it differently
the republican children, being expected to share the available candy, instead hide it, so that no one can have any
You appear to have trouble with the concept of analogies.

NO NO NO

"Republicans" (Libertarians, Tea Party, real republicans) are saying they will fund the government but WONT FUND OBAMACARE..

The Senate has been rejecting their funding bills unless non progressives fund Obamacare which every intelligent individual knows will KILL YOUR CIVIL LIBERTIES ENTIRELY and grand government authorization of all social and industrial activities - from the small business to the individual to the corporation....

Get ready for a long shutdown because the house sees this and this will never happen...

Obamacare is the end all between individual liberty and authoritarian government in the United States...

If the government controls and dictates your healthcare then they control your environment, because your health is the byproduct of your environment therefore they can demonize any product and industry and cite "health care costs."

The objective of Obamacare is to control the individual and dictate economy.....
Thank you.

And why must the Republicans be forced to go against why they were elected? Why can't the president offer the same delay in his beloved health care act that he's granted to big corporations? Why this is that unreasonable?
He believes by winning in 2012 that it was a referendum on Republicans. He believes that his reelection gives him freewill to do what he wants to do. What I don't think he understands is that we have checks and balances in our gov't for a reason. More than half of the country does not approve of Obamacare. And before any Dem on this site wants to say "not according to the latest polling", go look at the poll question you are referring to. It attaches "if it means the gov't would shutdown" to the question. A lot of people don't want the gov't to shutdown. Including me. However, a lot of people don't like Obamacare either. The Tea Party was elected on the platform of halt Obamacare. And here we are. They are doing what they were elected to do. Next election, if their constituency doesn't approve of the way they went about it, they'll be gone, we'll have Obamacare, and all of this will be a distant memory. The next post pubescent twerking episode or iPhone version will be out and the whole country will forget about the "gov't shutdown" of 2013.

NO NO NO

'

There's a section for Conspiracy Theories.

Nowhere does Obamacare dictate your healthcare, it dictates that you have to get insurance, which you buy from an insurance company. They control your health care, and frankly have for some time. Or you could prove what you're saying, but I assume you won't because you never do.

Did Romneycare end all civil liberties in Massachusetts? Did you vote for the guy behind it? Considering your position in cheerleading for Romney on this board during the election, you have no credibility in suddenly coming out anti-authoritarian. Romney is every bit the authoritarian Obama is.

It's not a conspiracy theory...

You may as well say those who are opposed to red light cameras because government uses them for funding need to put a "tin foil hat on."

Democrats want to use Obamacare as a tool to regulate every aspect of reality as we know it within the United States...

Obamacare gives the federal government the authority to regulate anything they see fit...

Obamacare is step one of a new totalitarian regime...

Of course the totalitarians want you to label me a "nut conspiracy theorist."

Maybe if you were vigilant you would come to the same conclusion, but you're not - you still believe Obama, Pelosi, Reid et al are Jesus and actually care about you, when they're buying their position into an authoritarian regime...

'

There's a section for Conspiracy Theories.

Nowhere does Obamacare dictate your healthcare, it dictates that you have to get insurance, which you buy from an insurance company. They control your health care, and frankly have for some time. Or you could prove what you're saying, but I assume you won't because you never do.

Did Romneycare end all civil liberties in Massachusetts? Did you vote for the guy behind it? Considering your position in cheerleading for Romney on this board during the election, you have no credibility in suddenly coming out anti-authoritarian. Romney is every bit the authoritarian Obama is.

You may as well say those who are opposed to red light cameras because government uses them for funding need to put a "tin foil hat on."

Democrats want to use Obamacare as a tool to regulate every aspect of reality as we know it within the United States...

Obamacare gives the federal government the authority to regulate anything they see fit...

Maybe if you were vigilant you would come to the same conclusion, but you're not - you still believe Obama, Pelosi, Reid et al are Jesus and actually care about you, when they're buying their position into an authoritarian regime...

What's sad is that you really believe that.

Didn't you believe Romney was going to save us? If you were as vigilant as you claim, you'd see that Republicans are just as totalitarian as Democrats, and that whether you call it Romneycare or Obamacare, it's the same animal. Yet just a year ago, you were telling us that Romney was going to win Illinois and save us from eternal damnation. And I'm the one who thinks politicians walk on water...:lamo

LOL.....spouting Bonner's talking points? Explain to us how a law passed by both houses of Congress and upheld by the United States Supreme Court after a Constitutional challenge is akin to a "dictatorhsip".....this should be good.......

Passed in the dead of night using shady reconciliation tactics straight down party lines

Slavery and Jim Crow were also upheld by SCOTUS. So were Japanese concentration camps. Oh and those were all Democrat ideas too. I sense a pattern here.

Today Democrats block WW2 vets from visiting their memorial. Tomorrow Obama withholds HC. When you give a centralized Government this kind of power over your lives, they always abuse it. Use it as a hammer for behavior modification.

Didn't you believe Romney was going to save us?

Nobody believed Romney was a savior. He was just slightly better than the complete failure that is Obama. We don't do American idol worship like the Hope and Change cultists

Last edited:

I think this is a clever strategy by the republicans because it gives everyone an opportunity to discuss the importance of maintaining certain government functions. Is NIH important and should be funded, are the parks, the military, etc.?

All agencies should be funded in this manner, all the time, not just during a manufactured crisis and a manufactured response. I think something like this was done in the movie Dave. "I don't want to tell some eight-year-old kid he's gotta sleep in the street because we want people to feel better about their *car*. Do *you* want to tell them that? "

Yes, it is.

Well, they don't, because that one's actually true. Of course red light cameras are used to boost revenue.

Nonsense.

Bullcrap.

Wrong-o.

Well, apparently you are one, so if the shoe fits ...

"Vigilant" and "crazy" are not synonyms.

This is pure fiction.

Back
Top Bottom