• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House Spent About $2M of Taxpayers' Money on Coffee, Pastries

Most of that was probably the Capital Hill Police. :lamo

The House cafeterias serve some pretty good freaking meals to be cafeteria food.

The House cafeterias serve some pretty good freaking meals to be cafeteria food.

Ruth's Chris Steak House won the contract to be the institutional caterer. :lol:

Ruth's Chris Steak House won the contract to be the institutional caterer. :lol:

Well, not to be too racial, they had a lot of blacks working there when I worked on the Hill and Blacks can cook like Mofo's as far as I am concerned. I'd rather have a soul food meal than a Top Chef meal seven days a week.

The tea partiers in Congress have to have their empty carbohydrates. It's what keeps them fat and stupid, the sine qua non of electability in tea party districts.

Well, not to be too racial, they had a lot of blacks working there when I worked on the Hill and Blacks can cook like Mofo's as far as I am concerned. I'd rather have a soul food meal than a Top Chef meal seven days a week.

I may rail against the South all day long, but I do so love Southern food...and nobody, but nobody cooks soul food like the blacks do. That's not racist - nobody can cook Chinese food like the Chinese.

Self defeating move (especially for the men working in the government) considering more than 28 cups a week (4 cups a coffee a day) has increases mortality risks from various disorders to 21% for those above 55 years old. It increases mortality risk to 50% for those younger than 55 years old.

This study was made from 43,727 participants aged from 20-87. But their sample may be speaking more about men since they are larger in proportion within the sample (33,900 men compared to 9,827 women).

References:

Liu, J., Sui, X., Lavie, C. J., Hebert, J. R., Earnest, C. P., ... Blair, S. N. (2013). Association of coffee consumption with all-cause and cardiovascular disease mortality. Mayo Clinic Proceedings, ; DOI: 10.1016/j.mayocp.2013.06.020; Retrieved from: More than 28 cups of coffee a week may endanger health in under 55s .

Having grown up in the MS Delta - and not to be racial at all - I strongly concur. I'll never forget that when we had a used clothing store in Shaw, MS, there was a juke joint across the street called Mama Rose's, and they had the best BBQ ever - it taught me that the best BBQ made you cry, sweat, and smile all at the same time. I live out towards Seattle now, and finding good Southern food is like finding hen's teeth - it just doesn't exist out here.

But I'll never live Down South again - I miss the weather, the land, the food...but it's my fellow whites I can't stand, since most of them would look down their noses at me for having a nonwhite wife.

House Spent About $2M of Taxpayers' Money on Coffee, Pastries

Just another case of DC aristocracy. I used to work in a science laboratory that was funded by a government research grant. We had a coffee pot funded by personal donations and a coffee time where we shared our research ideas. My wife currently works for the Department of Interior. There is no coffee in her building. Employees who desire coffee have their own makers. Most government working offices or government funded activities consider the use of even a minimal amount of money for things that are not directly tied to mission performance to be inappropriate. This practice is detrimental to establishing a healthy employee friendly, productive, working climate in our government offices - but it is even more demoralizing when the Congress fails to lead by example.

Back
Top Bottom