• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House set to pass marijuana legalization Friday

beefheart

Ice Cream for Crow?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
All for it, but the moron conservatives will stop it.

Its legal where I live! Love that Gelato!

Michael Cole

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
R.2c19a9ac3ae01ef292daa3531b8d4b0c

33. Hell yeah.

Gateman_Wen

Official disruptive influence
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

It will never make it through the Senate.

BirdinHand

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The pharmaceutical lobby will not want to see marijuana federally legal.

God forbid Jane and John can go to a local dispensary and grab some edibles at a fraction of the cost for anxiety *gasp*

Got to keep those anti anxiety and antidepressants flowing to make $$$ for big pharma. (And then the handful of pills that accompany those original pills to counteract the side effects)

tres borrachos

HoHoHo
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

THIS is a great move.

Some states have already legalized it, like MA to the south of me. It's paid off handsomely.

I would hope this passes the Senate but I suspect it won't because of the Republican assholes.

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I'm not so sure. I think the bottom line is whether it might hurt them in elections if they oppose it.

roguenuke

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
THIS is a great move.

Some states have already legalized it, like MA to the south of me. It's paid off handsomely.

I would hope this passes the Senate but I suspect it won't because of the Republican assholes.
Yep, but I just hope the Democrats leverage this vote for all its worth, whether it passes the Senate or not. Big billboards and numerous ads just pointing out not only which members voted against it, but the comments about why from the idiots and/or the claims that "if it were a stand alone bill" they'd vote for it, especially when they didn't.

Chillfolks

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
The tax revenue is a huge plus. Politicians seem to be able to put aside moral objections if the payout is large enough for them to see the light.

Moon

Why so serious?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The pharmaceutical lobby will not want to see marijuana federally legal.

God forbid Jane and John can go to a local dispensary and grab some edibles at a fraction of the cost for anxiety *gasp*

Got to keep those anti anxiety and antidepressants flowing to make $$$ for big pharma. (And then the handful of pills that accompany those original pills to counteract the side effects)
But on the plus side for federal legalization, if it passes then all the pot businesses in states that have legalized it will be able to use the banking system and won’t have to only deal in cash. More money for the banks, more contributions to politicians, fewer robberies at pot shops. Everybody wins!

Top Bottom