• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House Race Update: Republicans 39, Democrats 36

Here is the map:

New in this edition of the map:
  • Continued to add unopposed candidates
  • Added some polls that appeared to be missing from mid-July
  • IA-2 is even
  • CT-5 is even thanks to a Republican Congressional Leadership Fund poll.
  • Lauren Boebert's district finally comes online and is a safe R.
  • CA-9 is even

Other Notes:
  • By the beginning of August, Republicans took the lead.
  • By August 29th, Democrats had battled back but still trailed.
  • The main conclusion I reached from watching the map develop was that it is too early to tell whether the Republican leads in the polled seats would hold up.
  • The secondary conclusion I reached is that there are too many conflicting polls. I saw one where a poll showed the Democrat up by a slim lead and, the next day, a poll showed the Republican up by eight.
  • Finally, there were many "foolish" polls, where candidate-sponsored polling showed the other side up by more than +5. In one such case, the poll showed the other side up by double digits. While the intent is to spark the supporters of the trailing candidate to show up, the larger the margin, the more likely it is that it will de-energize the supporters, causing a self-inflicted wound.

Back
Top Bottom