• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House Projects

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
So right now I'm working to replace moisture barrier under the house. I have an old house with a partial basement, so I can enter the crawl space from there. So yesterday I was under there cleaning out debris like bricks, wood, old hot water heat pipes, and old moisture barrier. It's fun stuff bagging all that up in contractor trash bags, and dragging it outside. So a buddy is going to help me put down the new barrier after the cleaning is done. Going to use a black rubber tape to adhere the 10 mil clear plastic to the inside of the brick walls about a foot up. That will greatly reduce humidity in the basement and house.

Cool idea for a thread.

Recently converted attic space into a studio off the home office and renovated the office itself.

Studio - Moved the HVAC unit (only thing hired out), ran AC/heat to the space, ran electricity for wall plugs, installed new lighting, carpet, repair, and paint.

Office - remove carpet, installed hardwood floor, framed out window, removed popcorn ceiling, repair, and paint.

Good idea you have. I also think you can get some insurance covers for your project. You cannot prepare for every single misfortune that may befall your establishment, and business insurance exists to help your business recover from the unexpected. So check https://www.moneyexpert.com/ If disaster strikes and you find yourself in the middle of a lawsuit or with a building that has burned to the ground, whether or not you have the right type of business insurance could very easily be the deciding factor between closing your doors forever or being able to regroup and prosper.

Back
Top Bottom