• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House Plans Vote on Guns Next Week

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The House will vote on a counterterrorism package that will include a provision to prevent suspected terrorists from buying guns, Speaker Paul D. Ryan told Republicans on a conference call Thursday, according to a source on the call.

The House, when it returns next week from its July Fourth recess, will also vote on a mental health bill , sponsored by Pennsylvania GOP Rep. Tim Murphy, Ryan told his House colleagues.

So if you're suspected of a crime you lose your rights. Democrats really don't understand constitutional rights, do they?

So if you're suspected of a crime you lose your rights. Democrats really don't understand constitutional rights, do they?

They understand them, they oppose them. To them its a bill of privileges.

They understand them, they oppose them. To them its a bill of privileges.
It just amazes me that people think that such a casual disregard for any of our fundamental rights, does not harm the others.
I know we need to keep the math requirement in college, but maybe they need to increase the history requirement.

It just amazes me that people think that such a casual disregard for any of our fundamental rights, does not harm the others.
I know we need to keep the math requirement in college, but maybe they need to increase the history requirement.

Agreed, it is amazing to me how so many people just want to hand their rights over to the State.

Franklin said it best - Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

The House will vote on a counterterrorism package that will include a provision to prevent suspected terrorists from buying guns, Speaker Paul D. Ryan told Republicans on a conference call Thursday, according to a source on the call.

The House, when it returns next week from its July Fourth recess, will also vote on a mental health bill , sponsored by Pennsylvania GOP Rep. Tim Murphy, Ryan told his House colleagues.

It'll be interesting to see what the bill looks like. Pelosi already said, essentially, that if the NRA approves of it the Democrats won't. I guess that's how bi-partisan works in DC.

It'll be interesting to see what the bill looks like. Pelosi already said, essentially, that if the NRA approves of it the Democrats won't. I guess that's how bi-partisan works in DC.

I guess that proves how dedicated they are to saving lives. Its not about control after all.

I suspect it will be the NRA version which has a waiting period. I'm not sure the 72 hours is quite enough time for the Feds to go to court and present their case, but whatever. I'm infinitely more okay with the temp waiting period than I am with an outright ban that the individual has to fight to remove on their own. The anti-gunners ought to take what they can get on this, but then again I'm okay if they fight it and get nothing.

Ummm, we are talking about Republicans here, do pay attention.

My Wife has some sort of glitch on her record where she's required to wait 72 hours here in TX. She has a problem with it but, doesn't really bother me right now.

Now if it were me, I'd probably move Heaven and Earth to correct my record.

Ummm, we are talking about Republicans here, do pay attention.

And who exactly put the gun control topic on the table AGAIN? The only thing Ryan is doing is showing why people are pissed off at republicans like him. You don't violate the peoples rights in compromise.

Last edited:

Neither do republicants - they merely want to put those (800K?) folks that they have no chance of convicting on "the list" but with the assurance that no one remains on "the list" by mistake. Nope, they double checked and you are on "the list" because they know that you emailed, called or conversed with someone else (which they need not name - because methods and sources must be protected) on "the list".

And who exactly put the gun control topic on the table AGAIN? The only thing Ryan is doing is showing why people are pissed off at republicans like him. You don't violate the peoples rights in compromise.
Both Democrats and Republicans did, anything else I can clear up for you? I will take Ryan any day of the week over some Liberal Democrat pretending to be a Conservative, that happens to have fooled enough fools to get the GOP nomination.

Back
Top Bottom