• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House of Trump is crumbling’: why ex-president’s legal net is tightening

HenryChinaski

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal

The juiciest titbit of all concerns Trump’s former home, the gilded Fifth Avenue templeto his own ego dubbed “Versailles in the sky”, in which he lived before moving into the White House. James’s investigators were puzzled to find the Trump Tower triplex in Manhattan was listed at $327m in 2015, based on the apartment’s size, allegedly 30,000 sq feet.

In fact the property is 11,000 sq feet, which produces a value of $117m. That’s an overstatement in Trump’s official financial statements of more than $200m.
Such startling disparities matter, James insists in her 114-page filing. The financial statements that contained them were used to secure loans from banks as well as insurance, and in other instances to reduce Trump’s tax burden.
The new material disclosed by James was so compelling that some close observers of Trumpland are now convinced that he is in serious legal trouble. Michael Cohen, Trump’s former personal attorney and an ex-vice president of the Trump Organization, told the Guardian: “The House of Trump is crumbling.”
“My testimony before the committee as well as my subsequent cooperation with the New York attorney general has led to this day,” Cohen said. “We are seeing individuals who have continuously escaped responsibility for their actions finally being held accountable.”
"Accountable" A word that Trump fanboys should learn the meaning of..

I remember that significant overvaluing coming out of the Michael Cohen hearings and thought, hey, this could be something significant against trump. Well, here we are.

They should but why should they when dumb brings so much attention and popularity. Besides, criminals and criminal wannabes don't exist if "accountable".

The criminal investigation in Fulton County Georgia is also picking up as Fani Willis has just assembled a special grand jury to evaluate Trump's efforts to subvert the vote in Georgia. Ms. Willis has a fairly clear cut and simple case - as she has the audio recording of Trump bullying Georgia election officials.

Love a bit of Fake News -- far -out drivel presumably dredged as attempted deflection .

"Some T observers are convinced " -------- even announces from the outset that it is complete garbage .Three non specifics in one five word phrase .

The criminal investigation in Fulton County Georgia is also picking up as Fani Willis has just assembled a special grand jury to evaluate Trump's efforts to subvert the vote in Georgia. Ms. Willis has a fairly clear cut and simple case - as she has the audio recording of Trump bullying Georgia election officials.
We all heard the bullying phone call.

Love a bit of Fake News -- far -out drivel presumably dredged as attempted deflection .

"Some T observers are convinced " -------- even announces from the outset that it is complete garbage .Three non specifics in one five word phrase .

Very much like your "some doctors say" mantra that tends to go south in regards to COVID.

lets see what the actual prosecution team come up with, and then you can start cheerleading, okay?

based on what i have read and seen, he will get a fine and a slap on the wrist from the IRS for nondisclosure of benefits given to employees....a hefty fine but no jail time

we will see what else comes about.....

imo, this will be another huge swing and a miss from the left going after Trump.....but i have been wrong before and could have this one all wrong also

if there is an actual case for fraud, i guess they will find it.....i just wouldnt get your hopes up to high

We all heard the bullying phone call.
yes....but does that one phone call make a case for prosecution?

opinions vary depending on who you listen to, and which way their politics lean

Do you consider the evidence of deliberate misrepresentation of assets to be fake news?

Don't want to get this thread too far off track. However Ms. Willis has more than the one phone call. (And those who have twisted the intent of the phone call by parsing the language to show Trump innocent don't really have much of an opinion. The intent was clear. Trump wanted Georgia election officials to find him enough votes to win and indicated there would be repercussions if they did not.) Ms. Willis' investigation also examines, the AP reports, “a November 2020 phone call between U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham and Raffensperger, the abrupt resignation of the U.S. attorney in Atlanta on Jan. 4, 2021, and comments made during December 2020 Georgia legislative committee hearings on the election.” And it includes Trump’s statements at a campaign rally calling on Gov. Brian Kemp (R) to change the outcome and his various calls to Georgia officials in December. - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...attorney-georgia-has-best-case-against-trump/

Hopefully, some adults in the Dem Administration will quietly pass the word to the legal bigwigs to cool it.

This nation is already in enough political turmoil to make things only worse by indicting a former President.

Besides it may result in enough sympathy for Mr. Trump to assure a Republican wave come November.

Those prosecutors should spend their time doing something about robbers and sucker punchers and looters and rapists and murderers.

Hopefully, some adults in the Dem Administration will quietly pass the word to the legal bigwigs to cool it.

This nation is already in enough political turmoil to make things only worse by indicting a former President.

Besides it may result in enough sympathy for Mr. Trump to assure a Republican wave come November.

Those prosecutors should spend their time doing something about robbers and sucker punchers and looters and rapists and murderers.
Translation "I stand behind and support my guy even though he likely has been involved in illegal criminal activity"

Translation "I stand behind and support my guy even though he likely has been involved in illegal criminal activity"
Donald Trump said:
I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.
We're dealing with a cult.

The phone call was Mafia-like.

- I need you to find so many votes.
- If you don't, who knows what bad things might happen?

My Sicilian relatives would have been proud.

I think even a jury of all republicans might find it disturbing.

Lol the democrats are scrambling to save their failing agenda by politically motivated charges against Trump. They’re going to soon learn that trying to take down political leaders more popular than them with nonsense is going to backfire spectacularly

Lol the democrats are scrambling to save their failing agenda by politically motivated charges against Trump. They’re going to soon learn that trying to take down political leaders more popular than them with nonsense is going to backfire spectacularly
But, given that it's not nonsense, showing the American public that the former POTUS did clearly attempt a coup will likely benefit the Democrats.

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated. -Samuel Clemens

Not holding my breath.
Me neither. There’s no doubt they have a case against the Trump organization itself, but the man himself will likely get away: they’ll convict a lackey instead and the fanboys can go on pretending he was squeaky clean and didn’t know what was going on.

Something similar might happen over Jan 6.

But, given that it's not nonsense, showing the American public that the former POTUS did clearly attempt a coup will likely benefit the Democrats.
Joe Biden is failing so bad it won’t be long before the country wishes there had been a real coup to keep him out

That’s not even counting the fact no one is buying this story and the ravings of a partisan commission won’t matter.

Trump doesn’t have any sympathy outside his existing fan base. He’s unlikely to pick any more up over this.

Given the way the midterms are shaping up the republicans can probably do well enough without him anyway.

Put the wide angle lens on your view.

Back
Top Bottom