• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House Jan. 6 committee hearing postponed because of Hurricane Ian

There's very likely that.

But the Hearings are to educate & enlighten the public, and that won't happen if scheduled tomorrow. And straight-up, I believe keeping MAGA out of office & electoral influence might be the most important thing currently facing the country. There's a lot at stake. This isn't simply politics.

"But the Hearings are to educate & enlighten the public, and that won't happen if scheduled tomorrow. And straight-up, I believe keeping MAGA out of office & electoral influence might be the most important thing currently facing the country. There's a lot at stake. "

What do you see there that isn't political?

"There's a lot at stake" Not to a Stoic.
For us there is yet a possibility of an entirely new day, where the universe unfolds as it should. If I never log on here again it won't have happened at all.

At the end of the day philosophy & cannabis trumps Trump.

I hate to say it, but Trump supporters are precisely those most needful of watching & learning from the Hearings. But they won't, through willful ignorance.
I just drove a very large ‘area’ of trump supporters, since the area of the Senate means more than the people of the House about to be lost. If you don’t have irrigation west of the Mississippi, your SOL.

As John Lennon might say, Imagine if there was a way to CATCH the 18 to 24 inches of rain over Florida from Ian, and just FLOW it to dried up western reservoirs and aquifers that irrigate so much of our FOOD.

I would try to give a quality retort as in the past on something political, but I just finished 850 miles from mountain time always worse as you lose an hour, have the sun in your mirrors, heavy truck traffic in Iowa, and DARK.

I remain fixated on WATER distribution, western mega drought , 💦 redistribution, and an overall ‘Interstate Water System’ with new water infrastructure. (Reservoirs are drying up 😢) Even as I talk to you now, I think of new ideas as I glide in my rocker and watch Directv 205 and their 6-box sports.

I left Illinois ten days ago for peak Aspen time in many parts of Colorado. (So much in Boebert’s CD 😂) Aspen are awesome. “Get this, Wisconsin is two weeks away from peak leaf peep in 2022.”

Car reservations were needed in RMNP and Maroon Bells in CO. While my Elantra was at ~ 39 mpg, it doesn’t have the immediate kick ass. Estes Park is pricy; I stayed near Boulder.

She gets the next vehicle, no doubt a great Jeep. (Chain season is here.) I always scout out future trips. Colorado costs $80 for 12 to 13 months for their state parks for out of staters like me.

To finish this one, Boulder, CO west side Chautauqua Park is a multi-day must. RMNP requires reservations. Inner Mountains like Ouray to Silverton are off the road vehicles to climb fourteeners. I could go on all night. I’ll make my routine medical tomorrow. I can’t go back to sitting on my ass, etc. There are nearby state parks like Starved Rock. Keep on keeping on.

I always enjoy hearing your tales, Linc. Thanks for sharing this.

Yeah, I-80's pretty much been a staple in my & later my family's lives since my runs to California & Jackson Hole in my teens! Lately, we end-up down 76/70/15 into LA. But, I'm dying to get back to the Tetons! And yeah, been awhile for me - but Estes is pretty damn awesome. I still favor the Tetons, but have absolutely no complaints about Estes!

And as much as it holds a place in my heart, you can't mention Starved Rock in the same breath as the Rockies! Particularly, the Tetons! Such a shame over the course of one lifetime Jackson Hole has gone from a newly discovered ski-bum cowboy town, to the providence of the uber wealthy. Sad.

"But the Hearings are to educate & enlighten the public, and that won't happen if scheduled tomorrow. And straight-up, I believe keeping MAGA out of office & electoral influence might be the most important thing currently facing the country. There's a lot at stake. "

What do you see there that isn't political?

Of course it's political. We've got a major political party attempting to circumvent our democratic elections.

"There's a lot at stake" Not to a Stoic.
For us there is yet a possibility of an entirely new day, where the universe unfolds as it should. If I never log on here again it won't have happened at all.

At the end of the day philosophy & cannabis trumps Trump.

Haha! Alright man, I can't dispute your theme here! 🍻

But, I suspect tomorrow you'll get your edge back! ;)

Anyway, have yourself a good one. I'll make enough noise here for both of us!

I just drove a very large ‘area’ of trump supporters, since the area of the Senate means more than the people of the House about to be lost. If you don’t have irrigation west of the Mississippi, your SOL.

As John Lennon might say, Imagine if there was a way to CATCH the 18 to 24 inches of rain over Florida from Ian, and just FLOW it to dried up western reservoirs and aquifers that irrigate so much of our FOOD.

I'm calling the House +6 R's.

Do you have a prediction?

Then talk with a governor.
Even a Republican governor.
Even a governor who probably wants your job.

What talking is there, with someone trying to over-turn your election? Think about that.

I always enjoy hearing your tales, Linc. Thanks for sharing this.

Yeah, I-80's pretty much been a staple in my & later my family's lives since my runs to California & Jackson Hole in my teens! Lately, we end-up down 76/70/15 into LA. But, I'm dying to get back to the Tetons! And yeah, been awhile for me - but Estes is pretty damn awesome. I still favor the Tetons, but have absolutely no complaints about Estes!

And as much as it holds a place in my heart, you can't mention Starved Rock in the same breath as the Rockies! Particularly, the Tetons! Such a shame over the course of one lifetime Jackson Hole has gone from a newly discovered ski-bum cowboy town, to the providence of the uber wealthy. Sad.
I-76 on the west side has become a haven for huge ranchers, irrigation, and now hiding their complexes with evergreens. They’re even irrigating the old sagebrush on the east side. No agreement on water rights with all those states will be reached until after at least this election.
I'm calling the House +6 R's.

Do you have a prediction?
I’ve been looking at the states that have gained CDs, and it’s looking dim for DEMs. CO’s new CD done by their commission is around mod/con Colorado Springs & AFA, a clear toss-up. I did see enough CO politics to puke. Boebert’s CD takes in Pueblo, Trinidad and the ‘important’ Raton Pass. That’s just one state. GOPs own the land.

Oregon gains one, a toss-up, and has two more at risk. Montana gains one, a gop.

N.C. gained one. It’s currently 8-5 R. With its apartheid gerrymandering, it could stretch to 11-3 R.

I hate to say it gets worse, but it does. It will take two years of Insane MqQarthy’s fascists for a possible flip back in 2024. The maps are just too difficult.

I-76 on the west side has become a haven for huge ranchers, irrigation, and now hiding their complexes with evergreens. They’re even irrigating the old sagebrush on the east side. No agreement on water rights with all those states will be reached until after at least this election.

I’ve been looking at the states that have gained CDs, and it’s looking dim for DEMs. CO’s new CD done by their commission is around mod/con Colorado Springs & AFA, a clear toss-up. I did see enough CO politics to puke. Boebert’s CD takes in Pueblo, Trinidad and the ‘important’ Raton Pass. That’s just one state. GOPs own the land.

Oregon gains one, a toss-up, and has two more at risk. Montana gains one, a gop.

N.C. gained one. It’s currently 8-5 R. With its apartheid gerrymandering, it could stretch to 11-3 R.

I hate to say it gets worse, but it does. It will take two years of Insane MqQarthy’s fascists for a possible flip back in 2024. The maps are just too difficult.

Argh. That's making my +6 R look pretty optimistic.

Perfect timing - yes. But the subject matter is so broad they're going to have to figure-out how they'll distill the message to one or two distinct brief points that can sink in.
I am all for postponing closer to the mid terms. It will give the Committee more time to dig thru Meadows texts too those far right groups on the ground Jan 6.

We may even get an answer to why the law and order President sat and did nothing for 187 minutes while the Capital Police where beaten with flag poles, maced, and crushed against doors.

I have no idea why MAGAS fear the truth about the events of Jan 6, 2021.

I am all for postponing closer to the mid terms. It will give the Committee more time to dig thru Meadows texts too those far right groups on the ground Jan 6.

We may even get an answer to why the law and order President sat and did nothing for 187 minutes while the Capital Police where beaten with flag poles, maced, and crushed against doors.

I have no idea why MAGAS fear the truth about the events of Jan 6, 2021.

I dunno. Yeah, those are important things, but so much has been displayed that I'm not sure what more can add that will effect a political change.

Time to ship it off to DOJ, I'm thinking. They're better at handing this. There's no further chance of political influence that I see.

I dunno. Yeah, those are important things, but so much has been displayed that I'm not sure what more can add that will effect a political change.

Time to ship it off to DOJ, I'm thinking. They're better at handing this. There's no further chance of political influence that I see.

For me it's more about laying out all the facts for history.

Set the record straight

I don't want MAGAS writing the history book on this one.

For me it's more about laying out all the facts for history.

Set the record straight

I don't want MAGAS writing the history book on this one.

Alright, I must admit that's a stellar reply! (y)

As long as that history includes criminal indictments, I'm good! ;)

Alright, I must admit that's a stellar reply! (y)

As long as that history includes criminal indictments, I'm good! ;)

I am a history guy, all my formal education is History

I detest history revisionist, which what MAGAS will do if they are allowed there way on this one.

Thus far the Committee has done an excellent job. There are more questions that need to be answered for histories sake.

Argh. That's making my +6 R look pretty optimistic.
Then there’s FL and TX gaining one and two CDs along with their updated scotus gerrymandering. Georgia’s peachy map will move from 8-6 to 10-4 R. IA could lose its last DEM.

States losing CDs like CA, OH, PA, MI, IL, and NY could all go against DEMs. There are others, like mod/con Golden in trumpistani Maine. I haven’t checked the two N.H. ones in a while. VA has a few problems.

Next year will see all-new investigations from the GOPutins as trump and co. go free. Herding Q-tard trumpistanis will be tough for Qevin.

Then there’s FL and TX gaining one and two CDs along with their updated scotus gerrymandering. Georgia’s peachy map will move from 8-6 to 10-4 R. IA could lose its last DEM.

States losing CDs like CA, OH, PA, MI, IL, and NY could all go against DEMs. There are others, like mod/con Golden in trumpistani Maine. I haven’t checked the two N.H. ones in a while. VA has a few problems.

Next year will see all-new investigations from the GOPutins as trump and co. go free. Herding Q-tard trumpistanis will be tough for Qevin.

Thanks.

But as to the bolded, the DOJ & Biden's control of it will remain the same for another two years. Hopefully, the action shifts there.

--

I suspect the committee believes their message would not be effective given the media's likely focus on hurricane Ian tomorrow.
It makes sense...not to mention huge amounts of citizens are in the path of the storm. We are going to be on the dirty side of it, but it will have lost some strength when it reaches us...I am guessing it will be a cat 1 by then...but being on the right side we could see tornadic activity and tons of trees here. My daughter called as well as my mom, but we are good. Even the huge leasing company we sometimes prep a house for called to let us know we could stay at one of the houses (the house is to the center/left of the storm path). We are way out and emergency does take 40 minutes to get here if needed, but I'm pretty sure we will be fine. My husband tarped and secured the house we have been working on and delayed work until Monday or further notice. He spent the rest of the day preparing here. Putting away patio furniture, draining the pool down about 1/2 way. We will be parking our vehicles in the middle of what was a 100 acre patch of peanuts(neighbors) to keep trees from taking them out. The only thing that will stink is if we lose power our internet goes down and our cell phones won't work. We get zero reception out here in BFE

Tampa hasn't seen a hurricane since 1921. I hope they're prepared
It's probably not going to hit Tampa(the eye) but they still will see major damage from this storm. I don't think they are ready...too many knuckleheads thinking 911 works in the middle of a hurricane

No kidding. DeSantis threatens to ship immigrants to Delaware, and these Trumpers think he should expect a call from the president. Loony tunes.

Yeah-- imagine Biden having to trip over those brown people on weekly getaways to Rehoboth Beach...

Biden sent his FEMA rep to him. What more does he want? And Biden instructed the Mayors to call him directly. Doesn't get better than that. At least the responses go directly to citizens rather than DeSantis getting his hands in it.

There about 800 of them-- mayor's and town managers.
He wants to talk to all of them?

--

I suspect the committee believes their message would not be effective given the media's likely focus on hurricane Ian tomorrow.

Stephanie Murphy is from Florida. The committee is wisely allowing her to concentrate on her constituents, as they should.

They certainly have lost all momentum. Not to mention all the members are in the lead up to an election. As you said, both 'republicans' are lame duck, and depending on the outcome of the election, the committee itself is likely to be scrapped.

How have they lost all momentum?

DOJ dispenses justice. This is push political, with the immediate goal being the mid-terms.
Thanks for the honest answer, it is much more refreshing to discuss the actualities of things with people that can see that side without always attempting to deflect or blame others when hypocrisy shines brightly all amongst those political partisans.
If the Jan 6th panel was and is right, they can dispense justice and get rid of Trump in one fell swoop.
If they are not, then this is just using media in an attempt to sway others using the court of public opinion.

See the difference?

One party is standing for free Democratic elections and American Democracy. And, it's not the party of Trump.
Your statement is demonstratively non-factual and rules out the mostly likely option, which is a cynical play for power. The reason why I say it's demonstratively false is every Republican president we've had for a while have had their elections challenged. There are Dems sitting on the committee that voted not to certify votes. There are Dems that pushed to have faithless electors in 2016 and then started straight into impeachment talk from day 1. They allowed unelected autonomous zones to be established, sustained, and supported in our country.

The party with the longest history of being anti-Democratic are the actual Democrats you're defending. Everything I wrote is a fact. I challenge you to declare a single statement false, just one. Your statement couldn't be further from the truth.

Back
Top Bottom