• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House Jan. 6 committee announces last-minute hearing Tuesday

I know right? So many negative things that at 25 she was the in the White House as a special assistant to the POTUS under Meadows. I mean that is textbook career path for someone surrounded by negativity. DJT needs a new hymn to sing, this one isn't delivering the word any longer.
Does really think that old lecher Trump never once took notice of a young 25 year old attractive woman working just feet away from his office in the West Wing? Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

When people gather to protest a lot of those people have concealed carry permits and are armed. Again who did they shoot? I will help you nobody was shot except a single unarmed woman by the police because she was overwhelming their pitiful protection that was provide for the leaders of this great nation. The most powerful nation on the planet had to gun down an unarmed woman to protect our leaders. What do you think would have happened if a 100,000 armed insurrectionist showed up with intent to shoot and kill our leaders? They would all be dead is what would have happened. But that is not what happened.

Trump called upon the people to march on the capitol and be heard. This is called protesting. The burning, looting, and destroying of private property by ANTIFA and BLM is not protesting but terrorism.
Good thing that didn't happen on Jan 6.

I have always stood behind the right of the people to march up to the capital and make themselves heard. It is our government and not only do we have the right to be heard but it should never be illegal for anyone to rally the people to march up to the capital and be heard. This is a free country not Russia. It is the left that are the one thinking it should be illegal for someone to rally the people to march up to the capitol and be heard. The democrats are the one wanting to suppress the people from telling our government they are not happy with how things are being run. The capitol is where people need to protest not breaking store front windows and robing the private citizens. Our government is who needs to see and hear the complaints of the people. That is protesting not destroying everything hard working citizens spent their life building. Not terrorizing citizens homes and families like we have seen done to the SC justices.
It is absolutely hilarious how you're just vomiting rhetoric but you can't answer the simple question. You're posting like a chatbot. Try answering the question like a real live boy.

Do you condemn Trump telling a crowd of that magnitude, that he knew was armed with deadly weapons and had the potential for violence, to march on the Capitol to stop what he falsely called a fraudulent election? You agree that Trump was wrong to do that? You claim there is always a potential of violence when that many people are protesting, so do you agree it was wrong for Trump to send that potential violence, armed with deadly weapons, to the Capitol to stop what he falsely called a fraudulent election?

It's a REALLY simple question. Why won't you answer the simple question?

They did a little bit more than that.
Ask him if he condemns Trump sending an armed crowd that had the potential for becoming violent on his political enemies. The ways he twists and contorts himself to avoid answering a very simple question is absolutely hilarious.

Democracy is really fragile if 2000 people can destroy it.
Your math is way off, but that's ok - many of us won't be fooled by what's going on despite efforts to bs us into ignoring a military coup creep.

Your math is way off, but that's ok - many of us won't be fooled by what's going on despite efforts to bs us into ignoring a coup creep.
Ok, how many were there according to you and why does it matter so much to you? Fragile, my ass no more fragile than the protests at the SC building or radical rhetoric directed at SC Justice or even Trump during his term in office. Very selective outrage and keep making up liberal bs about the numbers

More than 2,000 rioters entered the building, many of whom occupied, vandalized, and looted it, assaulted Capitol Police officers and reporters,

It's been one year since a mob of Donald Trump's supporters, armed with everything from pipes and flagpoles to chemical sprays, smashed their way through police lines and into the ornate halls and chambers of the U.S. Capitol.

Ok, how many were there according to you and why does it matter so much to you? Fragile, my ass no more fragile than the protests at the SC building or radical rhetoric directed at SC Justice or even Trump during his term in office. Very selective outrage and keep making up liberal bs about the numbers

More than 2,000 rioters entered the building, many of whom occupied, vandalized, and looted it, assaulted Capitol Police officers and reporters,

Not entirely disputing the count of MORE than 2,000 jerks who assaulted the Capitol on 1/6/21 - there's way more jerks who are Trumplicans siding with their cult leader to keep the coup creep alive. No way to know the actual head count but there could be approximately 40 million warped jerks who are in lockstep with the SOB and his crusade. Those are the ones who are anti-Democracy.

Not entirely disputing the count of MORE than 2,000 jerks who assaulted the Capitol on 1/6/21 - there's way more jerks who are Trumplicans siding with their cult leader to keep the coup creep alive. No way to know the actual head count but there could be approximately 40 million warped jerks who are in lockstep with the SOB and his crusade. Those are the ones who are anti-Democracy.
Yeah that would be millions of the 74 million Trump voters that actually showed up at the polls unlike the large number of Biden supporters who voted from their basement out of fear, such passion for hatred of Trump yet refusing to go to the polls like Trump supporters. Amazing to me that you have such hatred for Trump but cannot explain why? Rhetoric and personality have zero effect on economic and foreign policies which benefited MOST Americans. Sorry you weren't in that group which then would say a lot about you

Yeah that would be millions of the 74 million Trump voters that actually showed up at the polls unlike the large number of Biden supporters who voted from their basement out of fear, such passion for hatred of Trump yet refusing to go to the polls like Trump supporters. Amazing to me that you have such hatred for Trump but cannot explain why? Rhetoric and personality have zero effect on economic and foreign policies which benefited MOST Americans. Sorry you weren't in that group which then would say a lot about you
How is voting by mail in any way an act of fear?

If anything, it's an act of trust - you're trusting one or more third parties (US Postal Service, mainly) to deliver your ballot to the correct location, on time.

Out of those 70 + million voters for DJT, I don't think that all of them are anti-Democracy. You're off topic deflection in this thread and many other threads in DP about President Biden doesn't go unnoticed but mostly ignored for responses. 'Tis the game that you play in here. What says anything about me is that I believe in our Democracy and the laws of our land. I also believe in oaths taken by us military vets and anyone else who takes an oath of office. Sorry, that you missed that boat. ;)

DOJ not equal to the hearings.

We only have 3 of these 'scheduled' hearings left. (Which were delayed) Are they saving 'the good stuff' for the finale? Why not just release a report with their findings?
i like the J6 committee's approach

hope the members will continue to publicly expose the tRump wrongdoing in small portions until the mid-term elections

let's get out the vote

LOL, you are kidding right? that is the excuse the left makes for staying home, the pandemic
If anything, it's an act of trust - you're trusting one or more third parties (US Postal Service, mainly) to deliver your ballot to the correct location, on time.
It isn't the postal service that worries me it is who handles the ballots outside the postal service. Who gets the ballots, who actually casts the ballot and who actually takes the ballot to the post office. With all the movement in this country there is no assurance that the actual voter cast the ballot. It is quite telling the poll from a very well respected leftwing polling service tells it like it is, the in person voting went to Trump, the stay and home, mail in ballots vote went to Biden. If I hated Trump as much as many on the left did I would have camped out at the polling location to cast my ballot for Biden, that didn't happen and we know that millions of Biden voters voted AGAINST Trump not FOR Biden

In terms of concerns around security, those are all questions that can be addressed and resolved. We have states which already do this as a template, which could be expanded across the country. Broad generalizations like it being an act of fear or that only in person votes count are just arbitrary value judgements that tend to take a back seat when finding solutions.

In terms of concerns around security, those are all questions that can be addressed and resolved. We have states which already do this as a template, which could be expanded across the country. Broad generalizations like it being an act of fear or that only in person votes count are just arbitrary value judgements that tend to take a back seat when finding solutions.
Are you telling me that there is no possibility of fraud with mail in ballots and more likely than with in person voting? Can you explain to me why someone cannot go to early voting, cast an official absentee ballot, or show up on election day to cast a ballot? Don't understand the liberal entitlement mentality that voting should always be easy. Democracy is never easy and will always piss someone off but with a democracy comes the responsibility of going to the polls to cast a ballot

Are you telling me that there is no possibility of fraud with mail in ballots and more likely than with in person voting?
Nope, I never said that. There's the possibility of fraud in just about anything; even the most secure environments have incidents of fraud. The question is the measures taken to prevent it, but first and foremost is the actual number of cases that exist. In states that have conducted elections by mail there's been a very low incident rate.

Can you explain to me why someone cannot go to early voting, cast an official absentee ballot, or show up on election day to cast a ballot?
There are a wide variety of reasons, which include people who have jobs where they are not given time off to vote as one impediment to in person voting. If we had a day off to do this that would easily solve the problem; or require employers to allocate time for people to do this. Quick question: do you think mail in ballots are not "official"?

Don't understand the liberal entitlement mentality that voting should always be easy. Democracy is never easy and will always piss someone off but with a democracy comes the responsibility of going to the polls to cast a ballot

179cbe8dd5a45158dc10d26af93d6068.gif

Nope, I never said that. There's the possibility of fraud in just about anything; even the most secure environments have incidents of fraud. The question is the measures taken to prevent it, but first and foremost is the actual number of cases that exist. In states that have conducted elections by mail there's been a very low incident rate.
Right so why don't you support completely in person voting or official absentee ballots only? So you believe the possibility of fraud is as great with in person voting as it is with mail in ballots? The question remains why can't people go to the polls for early voting, get an official absentee ballot like I did when in the military or show up o election day?
There are a wide variety of reasons, which include people who have jobs where they are not given time off to vote as one impediment to in person voting. If we had a day off to do this that would easily solve the problem; or require employers to allocate time for people to do this. Quick question: do you think mail in ballots are not "official"
So you believe two weeks of early voting, polls staying open in some areas until 9 pm, and weekend voting doesn't give everyone the opportunity to get to the polls? if the results are so important to you then I believe you can find a way to get to the polls.

As for "official" mail in ballots, no question they start out as official but that isn't the issue, who did they get to and who cast the ballot? how about people voting in two different states ie California and Arizona? If you show up at the polls there is less likelihood of the wrong person or some unregistered voter to cast a ballot. Isn't that important to you, insuring the integrity of the vote?

Right so why don't you support completely in person voting or official absentee ballots only?
I've already explained this the last time you asked. What you haven't answered is why you think mail in ballots are not "official".

So you believe the possibility of fraud is as great with in person voting as it is with mail in ballots?
You keep saying I said or implied things I never said. You should re-read what I wrote and make a relevant response instead of asking daft questions.

The question remains why can't people go to the polls for early voting, get an official absentee ballot like I did when in the military or show up o election day?
Actually no. The bigger question is why we can't reap the benefits of mail in voting which has shown to increase voter participation by reducing some of the obstacles (big and small) to the process. Your argument is to make it harder because of rather obtuse reasons.

So you believe two weeks of early voting, polls staying open in some areas until 9 pm, and weekend voting doesn't give everyone the opportunity to get to the polls? if the results are so important to you then I believe you can find a way to get to the polls.
Outside of nebulous concerns about security which you have not been able to quantify, your case is just based on "REASONS!" rather than anything you can articulate clearly or effectively. The value judgments on the method of voting are equally arbitrary and obtuse.

As for "official" mail in ballots, no question they start out as official but that isn't the issue, who did they get to and who cast the ballot? how about people voting in two different states ie California and Arizona? If you show up at the polls there is less likelihood of the wrong person or some unregistered voter to cast a ballot. Isn't that important to you, insuring the integrity of the vote?
Those are all things which can be sorted out, but not an excuse to not go down this road. The fascinating thing though, is be it the 2020 election or those held in mail only voting states, none of the fears you express have materialized.

LOL, you are kidding right? that is the excuse the left makes for staying home, the pandemic

It isn't the postal service that worries me it is who handles the ballots outside the postal service. Who gets the ballots, who actually casts the ballot and who actually takes the ballot to the post office. With all the movement in this country there is no assurance that the actual voter cast the ballot. It is quite telling the poll from a very well respected leftwing polling service tells it like it is, the in person voting went to Trump, the stay and home, mail in ballots vote went to Biden. If I hated Trump as much as many on the left did I would have camped out at the polling location to cast my ballot for Biden, that didn't happen and we know that millions of Biden voters voted AGAINST Trump not FOR Biden

does anyone know what the point was that conservative attempted to make in that ^ post?

Can we just get Donald Trump to stand up on TV and raise his right hand and go under oath and tell his side of the story and be questioned?

does anyone know what the point was that conservative attempted to make in that ^ post?
✋ me, me, me - I know the answer to that!! That was what Ms Hutchinson testified about during last Tuesday's Jan6 live hearing. NOT

Just more off topic deflection.

Can we just get Donald Trump to stand up on TV and raise his right hand and go under oath and tell his side of the story and be questioned?
If we're able to first, learn him which is the left and right hand - second, once he mastered knowing which hand to raise when taking the oath, then training his right hand to remain in that position while lying under oath.

Back
Top Bottom