• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House Jan. 6 committee announces last-minute hearing Tuesday

well according to my state election laws, I have voted legally by mail. If the system changes, I will vote using the most convenient method allowed under the law.

Figured you would define what you consider "valid".
Sure shows how important the process is as you make voting an after thought between bathroom breaks

You don't get it at all. There is no trust of the citizens. he citizens are the ones that are being robbed of their right to vote when fraud happens. It is the people that have money and power to gain from fraud that are going to commit the fraud. That would be the elected leaders who stand to make millions if not 100's of millions of dollars if elected. The other thing to consider is a landslide victory is usually less than 5% of the vote. It really wouldn't take much to swing an election. Especially in battleground states where decisions are less than 1%.
Since no one seems to be able to quantify the fraud and at what levels, and thus far there's been no proof 2020 was an example of this either, what I do get is this concern is based on pure speculation.

Whole other problem with filling out mail in ballots is I know for a fact more than half the people voting don't even vote for every race. They either miss it or just don't care who is running. I know this from entering their ballot into the machine. It tells me if an error has been made and at that point we can fix the problem. This happens a lot. When you mail in your ballot who fixes the mistakes or does your vote just not count.
People not voting in every race isn't unique to mail in voting though. I see this in our local elections as well compared to the ones for higher office that tend to get more person voting. As for mistakes, that's where the management of mistakes needs to be refined so that identified errors can be sorted out with the voter in an efficient manner. That was one aspect of the mail in votes that could use improvement.

Sure shows how important the process is as you make voting an after thought between bathroom breaks

I take my voting very seriously. Just because I want to use a convenient method allowed by law does not diminish the voting process.

I take my voting very seriously. Just because I want to use a convenient method allowed by law does not diminish the voting process.
Are you sure about that? The kind of proof of your devotion and respect for the tradition requires you to bear the weight of a voting machine and you walking barefoot with it all the way to the furthest polling station in your area. Only then will others know that you venerate this sacred process properly.
:)

I don't buy that for a minute, when you send a ballot to every registered voter in the state you cheapen the election process and your state sends a ballot to very voter who cast a ballot in the past. I remember well how excited I was to vote for the first time and have always gone to the polls except when I was in the military then voted absentee because I couldn't get to my state. People casting ballots from home cheapen the process and if they don't have enough initiative to go to the polls you get people who may not be registered or eligible to vote. Sending ballots to registered voters doesn't assure that the registered voter casts the ballot. All Absentee ballots should be requested not automatically sent. People move. There will never be a truly fair election until the mail in ballot process is cleaned up along with the voter registration information

well according to my state election laws, I have voted legally by mail. If the system changes, I will vote using the most convenient method allowed under the law.

Figured you would define what you consider "valid".
Very simple a vote cast at the voting location going through the approval process is a valid vote. Have no idea why people like you have no initiative to go to the polls. Making it easier to vote doesn't make it more secure.

Are you sure about that? The kind of proof of your devotion and respect for the tradition requires you to bear the weight of a voting machine and you walking barefoot with it all the way to the furthest polling station in your area. Only then will others know that you venerate this sacred process properly.
:)
You mean like this, what happened to Americans showing that kind of respect for the process

:ROFLMAO:

Your efforts at reaching for straws does have comedic value every so often.
Making a point that obviously went right over your head, the voting process is important as to the credibility of elections and Americans used to be exactly the Iraqis going to the polls making the process mean something, not any more due to people like you

Making a point that obviously went right over your head, the voting process is important as to the credibility of elections and Americans used to be exactly the Iraqis going to the polls making the process mean something, not any more due to people like you
No, it didn't go over my head. What cracked me up was the lopsided comparison.

No, it didn't go over my head. What cracked me up was the lopsided comparison.
Lop sided? Ok, yes Iraqis dodge bullets to go to the polls, Americans are dodging family members in their home casting ballots from people who really aren't serious about the direction of the country, Cheapening the election process is what the left does and that is how the left wins elections,

Lop sided? Ok, yes Iraqis dodge bullets to go to the polls, Americans are dodging family members in their home casting ballots from people who really aren't serious about the direction of the country, Cheapening the election process is what the left does and that is how the left wins elections,
Yes, because you're comparing groups of people in radically different countries with even more different challenges in this regard. You use that image to depict the risks people go through to vote as if they do so that way because it's the choice they make out of a variety of choices. I would bet good money that if you gave those Iraqis a choice to not risk their lives or end up with dyed fingers, they'd likely opt a better way.

Yes, because you're comparing groups of people in radically different countries with even more different challenges in this regard. You use that image to depict the risks people go through to vote as if they do so that way because it's the choice they make out of a variety of choices. I would bet good money that if you gave those Iraqis a choice to not risk their lives or end up with dyed fingers, they'd likely opt a better way.
No, I am comparing a group of people who had freedom handed to them and an opportunity to be part of the process of building that freedom like what was done in our history against people who now take voting for granted and put no effort into participating in the process. Takes no effort to mark a ballot at your kitchen table vs showing up at the polls and that shows the passionate difference between a Biden supporter and Trump supporter.

I don't buy that for a minute, when you send a ballot to every registered voter in the state you cheapen the election process and your state sends a ballot to very voter who cast a ballot in the past. I remember well how excited I was to vote for the first time and have always gone to the polls except when I was in the military then voted absentee because I couldn't get to my state. People casting ballots from home cheapen the process and if they don't have enough initiative to go to the polls you get people who may not be registered or eligible to vote. Sending ballots to registered voters doesn't assure that the registered voter casts the ballot. All Absentee ballots should be requested not automatically sent. People move. There will never be a truly fair election until the mail in ballot process is cleaned up along with the voter registration information
Your opinion is noted.
One I do not share.

Funny how elected Republicans set up the mail in voting in Arizona. Even praised it.

Very simple a vote cast at the voting location going through the approval process is a valid vote. Have no idea why people like you have no initiative to go to the polls. Making it easier to vote doesn't make it more secure.
making voting easier does not in itself make it less secure.

Then I suggest the US set up more polling stations.
That would mean more poll watchers, more equipment, more security, etc.
Let's not forget making the places compliant to the ADA.
and that will lead to more taxes to pay for it.

making voting easier does not in itself make it less secure.

Then I suggest the US set up more polling stations.
That would mean more poll watchers, more equipment, more security, etc.

and that will lead to more taxes to pay for it.
Made my point and still you haven't offered a valid reason for people not going to the polls or qualifying for an official absentee ballot. There are plenty of polling stations and with early voting plenty of opportunities to find a time suitable to everyone. I take voting seriously and have only voted in a Presidential election by absentee once

Made my point and still you haven't offered a valid reason for people not going to the polls or qualifying for an official absentee ballot. There are plenty of polling stations and with early voting plenty of opportunities to find a time suitable to everyone. I take voting seriously and have only voted in a Presidential election by absentee once
No.
I gave a reason. You just don't accept it as valid.

No.
I gave a reason. You just don't accept it as valid.
No, you talked about working hours not available voting hours. The talk is all about lines but never about responsibilities. AS I have pointed out and ignored,

No, you talked about working hours not available voting hours. The talk is all about lines but never about responsibilities. AS I have pointed out and ignored,
Let me ask you this way.
Is it acceptable to you for a person to wait 4+ hours in line at a polling place to vote? Yes or No.

This has happened to me during a general election voting.

We're all from Florida and cannot comprehend the actual basis for your concern. Who is filling your head with these prejudices?
Certainly not this fellow.

https://www.newsweek.com › florida-absentee-ballots-trump-1517979

Florida GOP Pushes Absentee Ballots Despite Trump Attacks on Mail-In Voting

Jul 15, 2020By Chantal Da Silva On 7/15/20 at 10:18 AM EDT. U.S. Donald Trump Florida GOP. Florida Republican congressional candidates appear to be continuing to call on voters to request absentee ballots ...
https://www.npr.org › 2020 › 08 › 19 › 903886567 › trump-while-attacking-mail-voting-casts-mail-ballot-again

Trump Votes By Mail In Florida After Criticizing Practice : NPR

Aug 19, 2020 Bing Guan/Bloomberg via Getty Images. President Trump cast a vote-by-mail ballot in Florida this week after months of questioning the security of the method of voting, and in doing so he returned ...

https://www.orlandosentinel.com › politics › os-ne-mail-in-ballots-pace-20200703-sj4pklrlvveujj3eadoo5g5i5u-story.html

Vote by mail has a long history in Florida, but in 2020 it's a ...

Between the 2016 and the 2020 presidential primaries, the use of voting by mail in Florida jumped by more than half, said University of Florida professor Daniel A. Smith, going from 30% of the vote...

https://www.businessinsider.com › white-house-press-secretary-votes-by-mail-florida-fraud-claims-2020-5?op=1

White House Press Secretary Votes by Mail From Florida ... - Insider

The White House White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany has voted by mail 11 times in the past decade, the Tampa Bay Times reported Wednesday. The report comes as McEnany has aggressively...

https://www.nbcnews.com › politics › elections › florida-passes-new-voting-law-includes-restrictions-vote-mail-drop-n1265765

Florida passes voting law that includes restrictions on vote-by-mail ...

Apr 30, 2021 Florida's Legislature passed an election bill Thursday that includes restrictions on drop boxes and voting by mail over the concerns of Democrats and voting rights activists that the restrictions...

Let me ask you this way.
Is it acceptable to you for a person to wait 4+ hours in line at a polling place to vote? Yes or No.

This has happened to me during a general election voting.
No and with early voting where did that happen? Your choice, you want the polls to be open on your schedule. Looks like very poor planning for someone, never in over 50 years have I had to stand in line more than 30 minutes

No and with early voting where did that happen? Your choice, you want the polls to be open on your schedule. Looks like very poor planning for someone, never in over 50 years have I had to stand in line more than 30 minutes
Arizona - Phoenix area.
Happened in an election years ago. Not the 2020 election. I voted by mail in the 2020 election.

Not going to say the exact polling location.
Here is an article regarding the 2020 election.

again you are confused. total incompetence does not change the fact that they by law and definition, committed sedition.

I'll just keep schooling you.

Nobody cares what you buy. The events of 1/6 are by definition and law, sedition.
Believe what ever you want. Too many lies for me to believe. 100,000 violent armed insurrectionist shoot no one. That is because they were not violent but mostly peaceful protesters. Clearly insufficient security for a known march of protesters to our capital. Allowing a small number of people to get out of hand. Fact. The inability of our security to arrest an unarmed women overwhelming them. Please. The list of bull just goes on and on. Face the facts. This insurrection trial is deflection for the horrific and pitiful job Biden is doing as puppet in chief.

Arizona - Phoenix area.
Happened in an election years ago. Not the 2020 election. I voted by mail in the 2020 election.

Not going to say the exact polling location.
Here is an article regarding the 2020 election.
In the state of TX early voting allows voters to vote in any county polling location not your specific precinct. Voting time between 2 minutes and 5 hours? Seems like proper preparation is required

Back
Top Bottom