• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House GOP: Why did Biden Admin Release Russian Hacker?

Roadvirus

Heading North
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A very good question.

Russia, if you're listening?
What, you hacked the DNC? Wikileaks has it!? Great...this will sink Hillary and win us the election.
Pardons for all his cronies that were busted by the feds....

Oh wait, were you talking about Biden? Give me a break. Fox news has really outdone itself...

What, you hacked the DNC? Wikileaks has it!? Great...this will sink Hillary and win us the election.

Oh wait, were you talking about Biden? Give me a break. Fox news has really outdone itself...
Trump got the guy extradited to the US.
Biden let him go.

Can any of these Russian hackers please release the contents of Hunter Biden's laptop? You know copies have to be out there.

Trump got the guy extradited to the US.
Biden let him go.
If you were worried about bad actors, you'd have been for Trump's impeachment..first one...or the second one, or both..take your pick.
Hey Ukraine...we're withholding aid in return for you to manufacture dirt on the Biden's since we didn't get Russia to hack the DNC this election year....
Ring any bells? Republicans have no credibility in the wake of Trump's ongoing popularity after his debacle of a presidency, Four years of it, and here you are ankle-biting about someone out of prison.

This story has been out since November of last year. What your hit piece doesn't mention is what deal they made to choose to send him back to Russia, and doesn't mention that while this guys was involved in crimes that duped Americans out of money, he's not some elite hacker that poses some exclusive danger to the U.S.

If you care this much about Russia infiltrating the NRA, or Trump's campaign via manafort, or wikileaks/DNC hack, etc.....

Now that anti-Russian sentiement for most of the country (excluding Tucker Carlson and his viewers apparently) is so high, they seek to breathe new life into this old story....it has Russia and Biden, what's not to love!?

Last edited:
So no official investigations, proceedings or hearings, just a letter ?

59bb5d1d56b91fea82c071353de2d99aa38d55a3.jpg

:unsure:

The sheer hypocrisy of their overall positioning is well marked. As usual, the article is a juxtaposition of bullshit said by GOPers who would attack Biden no matter what, with some curiously-phrased descriptions of what actually happened in the case.

But it is odd. I've had clients insist on the point of post-conviction representation being maximization of anything that can reduce a sentence, rather than making reversal of the conviction the main goal. They just wanted to serve their sentence and get deported and they wanted it because generally speaking, we make illegals serve their sentences here before deporting them.

Burkov had been imprisoned in the United States for cyber crime, but was deported to Russia in August 2021, before his sentence was complete.
"The decision to prematurely release Burkov is curious given the lengths to which the U.S. government went to secure Burkov’s arrest," the Republican lawmakers wrote, referring to U.S. authorities’ years-long pursuit of Burkov "on hacking-related charges, including identify theft, wire fraud, computer intrusion, and money laundering."

I do also note

At the time of his sentence, the lawmakers noted that Burkov was given "credit for time served while incarcerated both in Israel and the United States."

And knowing Fox's inclination to lie directly and by omission and in implication, I have to wonder whether they are relying on the application of good time credit to justify their claim that he was released "early". Because that isn't early. Because, duh, we've decided that good time credit reduces a jail sentence.

(PSA: why did I put "lying" in front of "propaganda"? Simple. When Ukraine puts out these messages about the war, statements of Russian soldiers, that is propaganda. But it is good and honest propaganda. "Propaganda" doesn't mean necessarily fake. It means it's put out and crafted express a particular view.

Ukraine's propaganda is "this is evil, you must help." True and good. And damn anyone who dismisses it because it is produced for a purpose.

Trump told Russia to hack the U.S. back in 2015...because he didn't like Hillary Clinton.

Do you realize how stupid you sound?
But but but
Do you realize how much deflecting you're doing?

Biden let a Russian hacker go free. Try focusing on that for a change.

But but but
Do you realize how much deflecting you're doing?

Biden let a Russian hacker go free. Try focusing on that for a change.
No deflection is necessary. Your traitor hero Trump said it's OK.

Do you disagree with your traitor hero?

Can any of these Russian hackers please release the contents of Hunter Biden's laptop? You know copies have to be out there.
It will not matter much, what you rePuke maggots think now...
It looks like ole sleepy Joe Biden is about to release some
serious ass whooping on your boy(GOD) put-tee-pie...
stand down and stand by...
-peace
1647562219923.png

Back
Top Bottom