• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House Democrats mistakenly release transcript confirming big payout to Clinton friend

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
House Democrats mistakenly release transcript confirming big payout to Clinton friend Sidney Blumenthal - LA Times

"But the report, which the Democrats published as a preemptive strike before the Republican majority releases findings likely to charge ineptitude and deception by the former secretary of State, also revealed, apparently unintentionally, details about the eye-popping amount of money a close Clinton friend and advisor made in a contract with a pro-Clinton nonprofit."

It certainly pays to be a friend of the Clintons.

Re: House Democrats mistakenly release transcript confirming big payout to Clinton fr

House Democrats mistakenly release transcript confirming big payout to Clinton friend Sidney Blumenthal - LA Times

"But the report, which the Democrats published as a preemptive strike before the Republican majority releases findings likely to charge ineptitude and deception by the former secretary of State, also revealed, apparently unintentionally, details about the eye-popping amount of money a close Clinton friend and advisor made in a contract with a pro-Clinton nonprofit."

Ummm, did you read the whole article or just the headline?

Because the article says nothing about Blumenthal receiving any money from Clinton

Re: House Democrats mistakenly release transcript confirming big payout to Clinton fr

Because the article says nothing about Blumenthal receiving any money from Clinton

Did YOU read the post, headline, or article?

I don't think anyone claimed he got money directly from Clinton.

Yes, the OP claims Blumenthal was paid to be a friend of Clinton and provides no evidence of it. All I see is evidence that the free market considers Blumenthal's advice to be valuable

Of course not but how many people have been funneled money through the Clinton Foundation? It's like a mob run organization. Sure, they do some good charity work that "trickles down", but what else is going on? I thought the left was against trickle down economics.

Last edited:

Yes, the OP claims Blumenthal was paid to be a friend of Clinton and provides no evidence of it. All I see is evidence that the free market considers Blumenthal's advice to be valuable

No, the LA Times made that claim. The OP merely restated the Times' claim.

No, the LA Times made that claim. The OP merely restated the Times' claim.

Exactly. And the LA Times is not exactly Fox News. In fact, quite the opposite.

Well of course he's received tons of money directly from the Clinton Foundation, but that is old news.

Well of course he's received tons of money directly from the Clinton Foundation, but that is old news.

The article says nothing about the Clinton Foundation

Like I said, old news.

Wrong. The OP said

And the article he linked had the title:

House Democrats mistakenly release transcript confirming big payout to Clinton friend Sidney Blumenthal

Like I said, the OP restated the comments made by the LA Times.

No the article doesn't mention the Clinton Foundation, but they could have easily. The Foundation paid Blumenthal $10,000. a month. He worked there from 2009 until 2013, then became a consultant to the Foundation until 2015 making a similar amount of money.

And the article he linked had the title:

Like I said, the OP restated the comments made by the LA Times.

The LAT article did not say

That was the OP but it's pretty revealing that the OP won't own up to his own words

The LAT article did not say

That was the OP but it's pretty revealing that the OP won't own up to his own words

OK, I'll be sure and be on the lookout if you don't quote exactly word for word what the article linked to says. I'm sure you've never added an opinion to any links you've posted.

:roll:

Bottom line is the OP stated the context of the article that was posted. And it obviously does pay to be a close friend to the Clintons, at least it has for Blumenthal.

OK, I'll be sure and be on the lookout if you don't quote exactly word for word what the article linked to says. I'm sure you've never added an opinion to any links you've posted.

Thank you for finally admitting that your claim
The OP merely restated the Times' claim.

was wrong and that the OP also stated his own opinion (which is not supported by the article)

I accept your surrender

The Clintons have scratched many backs as long as people scratched theirs.

Thank you for finally admitting that your claim

was wrong and that the OP also stated his own opinion (which is not supported by the article)

I accept your surrender

I'll be on the lookout for your pristine comments with zero deviation from a link.

Then we'll see who surrenders.

The Clintons have scratched many backs as long as people scratched theirs.

It's deplorable that they haven't scratched the backs of those who have tried to destroy them

I'll be on the lookout for your pristine comments with zero deviation from a link.

Then we'll see who surrenders.

And I'll be on the lookout for your future surrenders

Back
Top Bottom