• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House committee approves D.C. statehood, a once-fringe issue now central to Democrats

Constitution blatently says the nations capital will not be a state, if you want representation shrink the capital down to the congressional building and the white house and give maryland and virginia back the land that became dc. The push for dc statehood is the absolute most blatent ignorance of the constitution to date, it is like the liberals pushing it could not pass a 3rd grade education level to know what a document says in the most blatent of english words.

I have no sympathy for ingorance, the words are there blatently, but the fact your side wants to stack the courts tells me your side knows it is blatently against constitutional law and wished laws catered exclusively to their ideology over rule of law that had been practiced since ancient rome.

I already posted this, I agree.

My how times change.

Unlike you who buys anything the left tells you, what does the Constitution say about D.C and why was the Capitol moved to D.C. in the first place? what reason is there for a city of 700,000 in a small geographic area to have two Senators and a House member? Now run off like most liberals do
I "don't buy everything from the left" so your wrong. For example, as much as I loved Obama for example I didn't agree with everything he did. Can you say the same about Trump? I won't hold my breath. Ooops!

I "don't buy everything from the left" so your wrong. For example, as much as I loved Obama for example I didn't agree with everything he did. Can you say the same about Trump? I won't hold my breath. Ooops!
Yes of course I can say the same thing about every President but what was important to me and what the President is responsible for is providing for the common defense which he did, and promoting domestic welfare which he also did through his tax cuts, regulation reform and promotion of the private sector. I did not like Trump's rhetoric and use of Twitter but the results generated my vote for him again. I got exactly what I voted for in 2016 because for me results matter not rhetoric and I do understand basic civics

I see Manchin blowing this up should it make it to the Senate. He's absolutely loving being the King-maker right now and adding two Senators would dilute this power his weilding right now.

Legislation to make D.C. the 51st state was approved by the House Committee on Oversight and Reform Wednesday, teeing up the bill’s expected passage in the full House for the second consecutive year possibly as soon as next week.​
The Democratic-majority committe voted along party lines to pass D.C. Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton’s Washington, D.C. Admission Act, quashing every Republican amendment during Wednesday’s markup. Though largely expected, the vote injects another shot of momentum in Democrats’ favor as they seek to seize on their majorities in Congress and control of the White House to push D.C. statehood further than it has gone before. Once a fringe issue, giving statehood to those who live in the nation’s capital has become a central part of the party’s voting-rights platform.​
With Biden's Sex Trafficked Border Kiddies Initiative now causing the D.C. area to swell with busloads of the little brown skinned ragamuffins being brought in daily to service our many fat. wealthy white privilege, legislators & lobbyists it is the right thing to do .

Biden border children.jpg

I support the DC initiative. DC has more people than Vermont or Wyoming.

IMO, It's not time yet for Puerto Rico statehood.
Please justify why one would think "it's not time" for Puerto Rico?
  • Because the "it's not time" is the same excuse used for decades upon decades upon decades of people saying, "its not time" for Civil Rights.

I say the time now is as good as any other time; they are "100% people", who are individuals as person.
  • I think it is said, because they are a location not run by white people, is the only ideology that "It's not time" could potentially be the motivation of saying "its not time".

With so many of our fat, wealthy white privilege legislators forced to remain in D.C. for longer periods it is the right thing to do now .

Granted that Biden's Border Kiddies Initiative , bringing the sex trafficked children into D.C. by the busloads to take care of our legislators needs has made their hard work a little more tolerable .

Bidens border chidren2.jpg

With Biden's Sex Trafficked Border Kiddies Initiative now causing the D.C. area to swell with busloads of the little brown skinned ragamuffins being brought in daily to service our many fat. wealthy white privilege, legislators & lobbyists it is the right thing to do .

View attachment 67330390
I said this before but it's worth repeating. It is incredibly creepy that almost every post you make is about sex with children and that you will go wwwwaaaaaayyy off topic just to talk about sex with children.

But in this case, there will not be two additional democrats in the Senate!

Republicans complaining that they don't get enough representation in our government is hilarious.

They are routinely over-represented in every branch of government.

I said this before but it's worth repeating. It is incredibly creepy that almost every post you make is about sex with children and that you will go wwwwaaaaaayyy off topic just to talk about sex with children.
Biden Asian.jpg

Biden's Trafficking In Brown Skinned Border Children Initiative, To service his fat , wealthy white privilege, liberal D.C. buddies, not to mention his catholic church child molesting cohorts .
wrote the book,
And Don't forget Hunter's well document proclivities for young flesh shared with dear old dad .
hunter crack sniffer.jpg

So 700,000 people in DC have no representation in Congress while less the 600,000 residents of Wyoming get 2 Senators and 1 House member? That seems fair to you?
If they reabsorb into Maryland, it won't be a problem anymore, now will it?

View attachment 67330428

Biden's Trafficking In Brown Skinned Border Children Initiative, To service his fat , wealthy white privilege, liberal D.C. buddies, not to mention his catholic church child molesting cohorts .
wrote the book,
And Don't forget Hunter's well document proclivities for young flesh shared with dear old dad .
View attachment 67330430
You keep posting the same pictures over and over no matter what the topic is? Is it a paycheck thing? Because it sure isn't a thing that makes you look intelligent at all. It just makes you look very weirdly desperate to talk about sex with children.

If they reabsorb into Maryland, it won't be a problem anymore, now will it?
Just as soon as South Dakota gets "reabsorbed" into North Dakota.

When all else fails, Liberals toss out their favorite (and so overused it's useless) weapon THE RACE CARD:

Rep. Mondaire Jones on Saturday doubled down on his claims that those who oppose D.C. statehood are indeed "racist" for suppressing voting rights for people of color.

-skip-

Republicans immediately pounced on Jones' accusations of "racist trash" and asked for his comments to be struck down from the House record. Jones ultimately agreed to withdraw his words, but he made clear this weekend he stands by the sentiment.

During an interview Saturday on CNN, host Michael Smerconish pressed Jones about his claims and asked whether it was necessarily "racist" to oppose D.C. statehood.

"In the case of the debate today, it is," Jones replied.

"If you uphold systems of White supremacy -- even if you do not consider yourself to be racist -- you are engaging in racist activity," Jones added.

It is doa no matter what, even if it passes it would get struck down by even the most liberal courts as the constitution is fairly clear that the capital district is not to be a state. To change this requires a constitutional amendment, while adding peurto rico does not.
The constitution doesn’t say where the boundaries of the federal seat shall be. It merely says it shall not exceed 10 square miles.

Moreover, the constitution is clear that Congress has the authority. This is Article I, Sec. 8.
Congress shall have the power:
To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings

Maryland does not want DC. We already have one sh!thole, Baltimore.

The constitution doesn’t say where the boundaries of the federal seat shall be. It merely says it shall not exceed 10 square miles.

Moreover, the constitution is clear that Congress has the authority. This is Article I, Sec. 8.
Congress shall have the power:
To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings
But the constitution says many other things contradicting what you wrote, for example the district shall not reside in any state, and given that the district is still from land from maryland, the us govt would need maryland to approve as well as virginia. There is also the issue of that if a state completely surrounds the capital in a 360 degree radius, it could easily be said it is within a state.

Hell People can most likely bring up numerous reasons, either way the constitution is not on the side of mdc statehood, and will not be until an amendment is made.

But the constitution says many other things contradicting what you wrote, for example the district shall not reside in any state, and given that the district is still from land from maryland, the us govt would need maryland to approve as well as virginia. There is also the issue of that if a state completely surrounds the capital in a 360 degree radius, it could easily be said it is within a state.

Hell People can most likely bring up numerous reasons, either way the constitution is not on the side of mdc statehood, and will not be until an amendment is made.
DC will not reside in any state. The government portion will be distinct from where people reside.

DC will not reside in any state. The government portion will be distinct from where people reside.
I've not seen that there will be no one residing in the remaining Capital, I'm not sure that is even possible how integrated the buildings are to the city.

You keep posting the same pictures over and over no matter what the topic is? Is it a paycheck thing? Because it sure isn't a thing that makes you look intelligent at all. It just makes you look very weirdly desperate to talk about sex with children.
That level of focus on sex trafficking and Democrats screams Qanon.

Here is what the debate on DC statehood essentially boils down to.

Democratic argument for DC statehood:

1. The residents want to be a state.
2. They're Americans.
3. They pay taxes.

Republican argument against DC statehood:

1. No.

If it is surrounded by another state it technichally is residing within a state, hence a massive gray area.

Back
Top Bottom