• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hottest April Ever Recorded.

I had to bring in plants last night. Frost warning. Middle of May. Are you KIDDING me??

You had to bring your plants in. I guess that settles it.

I had to bring in plants last night. Frost warning. Middle of May. Are you KIDDING me??
More nonsensical comparsion of local daily weather to 'answer' WORLDWIDE Climate.
You'd think regulars in the section would be above this by now.
Nope.
What's next? Your AC unit accidentally stayed on last night, so it was Colder than usual in the house?

Last edited:
Well down here where I live in the Greater Houston Area, it's been raining a hell of a lot lately.

Well down here where I live in the Greater Houston Area, it's been raining a hell of a lot lately.
Get used to it. with global warming , there is going to more rain, more drought, more floods,rivers drying up, more hurricanes, more tornadoes,more hot spells and more cold spels.

And I had to install shade because its already 105 here...

Just wait until the May report comes in. How hot will May be? We can probably settle this May temperature business right now.

Just wait until the May report comes in. How hot will May be? We can probably settle this May temperature business right now.

Good morning, humbolt. :2wave:

They may want to exclude NE Ohio from their report - it snowed here for 30 minutes yesterday! :wow:

I know what you mean - I live in SE Michigan and it snowed yesterday morning.

This is certainly a strange time with the weather . T shirts in December and sweaters in May.

Get used to it. with global warming , there is going to more rain, more drought, more floods,rivers drying up, more hurricanes, more tornadoes,more hot spells and more cold spels.

I get the impression that you're saying this out of sarcasm without realizing that you are most likely correct.

Given that we have had seven consecutive months that are each, respectively, the hottest on record - we can be almost assured that May of 2016 will become the new hottest May on Record.

Especially given that we are all but assured that 2016 will be the new hottest year on record.

That will make three consecutive years of a new hottest year on record.

They may want to exclude NE Ohio from their report - it snowed here for 30 minutes yesterday! :wow:

We're doing fine down here - a little on the wet side, maybe - but great for the spring garden. I'll have broccoli in another week. Who ya gonna believe - the AGW crowd or your lyin eyes? NE Ohio doesn't count - an outlier. They were probably boiling water on the streets in Djibouti - not an outlier statistically because. Just because.

No, there is no need to exclude your localized weather. The rest of the world makes up for it.

Last month was the warmest April ever recorded. Nothing will impress Deniers, however, until the Bubble starts to boil.

Last Month Was The Warmest April Ever Recorded, Continuing 7-Month Hot Streak

It is only four months in and we can be almost certainly assured that 2016 will become the new hottest year on record. If that does hold true, then we will have had three consecutive years with a new title each year of the hottest year on record.

Seriously, **** deniers.

Given that we have had seven consecutive months that are each, respectively, the hottest on record - we can be almost assured that May of 2016 will become the new hottest May on Record.

Especially given that we are all but assured that 2016 will be the new hottest year on record.

That will make three consecutive years of a new hottest year on record.

Just wait until next year. We ain't seen nuthin yet.

Just wait until next year. We ain't seen nuthin yet.

Actually, I think 2017 will not add to the list. The size and strength of El Nino has assisted with the current warming trend and it is predicted to end this year.

And although 2017 will probably still show up in the top ten warmest of years, the fact that it will not be hotter than 2016 will be used by deniers to claim that global warming isn't real.

Actually, I think the Houston rainfall is about normal, it has been abnormally dry the last few years.
Bear in mind Houston normally get over 50 inches of rain a year, more than cities like Seattle.

Lol, right. Because those things never happened before.

Actually, I think the Houston rainfall is about normal, it has been abnormally dry the last few years.
Bear in mind Houston normally get over 50 inches of rain a year, more than cities like Seattle.
Yes, it has been abnormally dry over here, so the constant raining over here recently is pretty surprising to me. But I even remember once time it actually snowed here, but that was like years ago. I was still in elementary school when that happened.

Last edited:
Actually, I think 2017 will not add to the list. The size and strength of El Nino has assisted with the current warming trend and it is predicted to end this year.

And although 2017 will probably still show up in the top ten warmest of years, the fact that it will not be hotter than 2016 will be used by deniers to claim that global warming isn't real.

El Nino may have something to do with temperatures and precipitation this year, yes. An El Nino is sometimes followed by it's opposite, so 2017 could be a cooler year than average. I'll be interested to see if the same people posting these hottest months "evah" will post notification of any cooling that might occur in the future year. Call me crazy, but I have my doubts.

Last month was the warmest April ever recorded. Nothing will impress Deniers, however, until the Bubble starts to boil.

Last Month Was The Warmest April Ever Recorded, Continuing 7-Month Hot Streak

Jack, you are new here. Were you chosen to roll out the April fear data by the environut left? Congratulations. Do you know who will starting the May fear thread by any chance? Is there a lottery drawing on that sort of thing? Or do you have to prove your chops in the liberal fear-o-sphere before starting a thread on AGW?

But as long as you are here, why don't you enlighten us all as to what, specifically, can be done to halt this horrible threat that has you shivering in terror under the bed.

I think it is always funny when the AGW alarmist post something like this
Hottest April EVER!!!!
as somehow this is proof of AGW.
It is proof we are in an really large El Nino.
But alas, the strong El Nino appears to be coming to an end.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2016/04/11/godzilla-el-nino-is-dead/
What is also missing is that the increase in average temperatures, is mostly occurring
in nighttime lows (T-Min), the high temperature have not changed much.

Lol, right. Because those things never happened before.

Did you just miss the use of the modifier "more" or did you just not care?

Back
Top Bottom