• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hotel fights back after Donald Trump threatens to not pay

HenryChinaski

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Hotel fights back after Donald Trump threatens to not pay - CNNPolitics.com
A Virginia hotel is fighting back against Donald Trump after the GOP presidential nominee criticized the air conditioning -- or lack thereof -- at a Monday event there.
You ought to try turning on the air conditioning or we are not going to get you paid," Trump said. "I pay my bills so fast with somebody good. With somebody average, I pay them OK. With somebody great, a lot of times I give them bonuses ... This is ridiculous."
Separate investigations have found that Trump has a pattern of not paying or underpaying contractors and individuals he has worked with, alleging that the work was substandard.
Reports published by USA Today and The Wall Street Journal in June found Trump's companies were facing hundreds of claims that Trump has stiffed people he contracted with for decades.
This guy is the epitome of a megalomaniac. He reminds me of one of those traveling Carny's from the 30''s selling cure-all's and he's got his suckers that are born every minute eating out of the palm of his hand.

Hotel fights back after Donald Trump threatens to not pay - CNNPolitics.com This guy is the epitome of a megalomaniac. He reminds me of one of those traveling Carny's from the 30''s selling cure-all's and he's got his suckers that are born every minute eating out of the palm of his hand.

How did they fight back? Was it by admitting they allowed too high an occupancy in the venue? Or that their air conditioning system was under-sized? Boy, they're tough.

How did they fight back? Was it by admitting they allowed too high an occupancy in the venue? Or that their air conditioning system was under-sized? Boy, they're tough.

Didn't see either of those 'admissions.' :roll:

The Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center is committed to providing exceptional service and accommodation for all guests and members of the community," hotel spokesman Michael Quonce said in a statement. "The hotel's HVAC system was on and working properly through the event. We made every effort to create a comfortable environment for all of our guests given soaring temperatures and a ballroom filled with hundreds of attendees."
That's their response. Just because the capacity situation was unusual due to the fact it's Trump and his posse doesn't give him any right to refuse to pay for services rendered. The guy has a habit of using his name and his well honed bullying tactics to stiff people. Regular people with a sense of common decency and ethics would never consider trying to pull the **** that he's known for.

Didn't see either of those 'admissions.' :roll:

Yes, you most certainly did if you bothered to read their comments. Aside from that, just how did they "fight back?"

That's their response. Just because the capacity situation was unusual due to the fact it's Trump and his posse doesn't give him any right to refuse to pay for services rendered. The guy has a habit of using his name and his well honed bullying tactics to stiff people. Regular people with a sense of common decency and ethics would never consider trying to pull the **** that he's known for.

You know NOTHING. You know what the media has fed you. "What he's known for..." What a joke.

You know NOTHING. You know what the media has fed you. "What he's known for..." What a joke.
Do you deny that he has a history of refusing to pay for goods and services rendered? Trying to weasel out of his debts?

That's their response. Just because the capacity situation was unusual due to the fact it's Trump and his posse doesn't give him any right to refuse to pay for services rendered.
If i order a steak at a restaurant and it comes out after an hour and is cold, I have every right to refuse to pay for "services rendered" - even if the restaurant is "unusually" full. Depending on how hot it actually was at the hotel, I don't see this as much different.

Hotel fights back after Donald Trump threatens to not pay - CNNPolitics.com This guy is the epitome of a megalomaniac. He reminds me of one of those traveling Carny's from the 30''s selling cure-all's and he's got his suckers that are born every minute eating out of the palm of his hand.

It's pretty common for event hosts to make some kind of financial concession when their facilities or service fail to meet the requirements of their guests. It's also not the least bit unusual for a guest to complain (and threaten non-payment) when the services they contracted for come up short.

JON SNOW.

(Sorry, currently binge watching GoT all over again)
Lol - you heard that all the Berniebots were shouting "Shame!" at Debbie Wasserman-Shultz the other night, right?

It's pretty common for event hosts to make some kind of financial concession when their facilities or service fail to meet the requirements of their guests. It's also not the least bit unusual for a guest to complain (and threaten non-payment) when the services they contracted for come up short.

200 Liens have been filed against this clown for ditching the bill. Maybe we ought to try that, just constanly say you're not happy with "the service provided" and then everything is free!

Do you deny that he has a history of refusing to pay for goods and services rendered? Trying to weasel out of his debts?

Give me some credible links, for God's sake. Specifics. Not media crap. What's wrong with people?

The nerve! Imagine stating that you are upset over renting a ballroom that made your guests sweat. ;)

The hotel should "fight back" by saying at it was hot outside and *gasp* the ballroom was actually filled with guests.

Yes, you most certainly did if you bothered to read their comments. Aside from that, just how did they "fight back?"

LOL, no I didn't. :roll: Here's the relevant part of their statement:

"The hotel's HVAC system was on and working properly through the event. We made every effort to create a comfortable environment for all of our guests given soaring temperatures and a ballroom filled with hundreds of attendees."

There cannot be an expectation that the HVAC system in a rented facility is able to maintain a perfect 72 degrees or whatever in every possible situation. It's just not how it works. This thing was at 3pm on a very hot day (high 93), which means for the previous hour or more, as 1,000 attendees or so were checked for security, the doors to the outside were open and letting in the heat. If anyone thinks that the AC reasonably should be able to keep pace with that, they're delusional or a cheapskate looking for an excuse to not pay their bills.

200 Liens have been filed against this clown for ditching the bill. Maybe we ought to try that, just constanly say you're not happy with "the service provided" and then everything is free!

Link with specifics. I owned a business for 25 years. I've hired contractors. I've negotiated crap work. You obviously have not. If all you get is a W2, if you're not in upper management for a large company, you can't begin to understand big business.

Lol - you heard that all the Berniebots were shouting "Shame!" at Debbie Wasserman-Shultz the other night, right?

Pity she didnt do the Cersie walk, eh? ;)

LOL, no I didn't. :roll: Here's the relevant part of their statement:

There cannot be an expectation that the HVAC system in a rented facility is able to maintain a perfect 72 degrees or whatever in every possible situation. It's just not how it works. This thing was at 3pm on a very hot day (high 93), which means for the previous hour or more, as 1,000 attendees or so were checked for security, the doors to the outside were open and letting in the heat. If anyone thinks that the AC reasonably should be able to keep pace with that, they're delusional or a cheapskate looking for an excuse to not pay their bills.

Jesus. You don't know anything. You don't know the temp in the room. You don't know if the a/c was working correctly. What is wrong with you guys?

If i order a steak at a restaurant and it comes out after an hour and is cold, I have every right to refuse to pay for "services rendered" - even if the restaurant is "unusually" full. Depending on how hot it actually was at the hotel, I don't see this as much different.

The relevant question is whether it was reasonable under the circumstances (93 degrees outside, 3pm gathering, 1,000 attendees, outside doors open for hours getting them into the building and checked by security) to expect the temps in the ballroom to be at a comfy and cool 72 or whatever for what is a relatively short session.

The purpose of central air conditioning in a convention space is to keep the temperature at a reasonable rate for hundreds or thousands of guests. I've been in convention halls in Las Vegas in the dead of summer when it's 127 degrees out side and you have to take a cab to even cross the street, but inside the facility it's perfectly cooled. I don't see what the story is here. Trump felt, possibly rightfully so (I have no idea as I wasn't there), that his guests were not in an atmosphere that was comfortable for them, and the facility was too hot. The hotel blames it on the number of guests and the outside temperature. That was their job to make the air conditioning work properly.

I think Trump's in the right here. Sorry. This is also the weakest "fighting back" I ever saw.

That happened to me. I asked for a steak medium. It came out well done.
I sent it back then it came out raw and I asked them take it off the bill.
I wasn't going to wait again.

The purpose of central air conditioning in a convention space is to keep the temperature at a reasonable rate for hundreds or thousands of guests. I've been in convention halls in Las Vegas in the dead of summer when it's 127 degrees out side and you have to take a cab to even cross the street, but inside the facility it's perfectly cooled. I don't see what the story is here. Trump felt, possibly rightfully so (I have no idea as I wasn't there), that his guests were not in an atmosphere that was comfortable for them, and the facility was too hot. The hotel blames it on the number of guests and the outside temperature. That was their job to make the air conditioning work properly.

I think Trump's in the right here. Sorry. This is also the weakest "fighting back" I ever saw.
I have to agree there is a reasonable expectation that things will work properly.
i

Back
Top Bottom