• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hot Mic Catches Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell Discussing Their Actual Government [W:100]

head of joaquin

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
"I just did CNN and I just go over and over again 'We're willing to compromise. We're willing to negotiate.' I think... I don't think they poll tested we won't negotiate. I think it's awful for [Democrats] to say that over and over again," Paul said.
"Yeah, I do too and I, and I just came back from that two hour meeting with them and that, and that was basically the same view privately as it was publicly," McConnell agreed.

Paul added, "I think if we keep saying, 'We wanted to defund it. We fought for that and that we're willing to compromise on this', I think they can't, we're gonna, I think... well, I know we don't want to be here, but we're gonna win this, I think."

Hot Mic Catches Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell Discussing Their Actual Government Shutdown Concerns

The total cynicism of the GOP exposed.

Re: Hot Mic Catches Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell Discussing Their Actual Government Shu

The sad thing is the dummies who repeat that same crap here bought it hook line and sinker.

Re: Hot Mic Catches Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell Discussing Their Actual Government Shu

The cynicism is appalling. It shows that these tea party freaks hope that if they "keep saying" lies, the American people might fall for them.

Pitiful.

Politicians are discussing the political ramifications and impacts of what's happening with the political messaging going on from both sides right now.

SHOCKED! SHOCKED I SAY! CLEARLY it's reasonable to believe only Republicans would dare to do this. HORRIBLE!

Gotta love the typical "just keep spinning" meme

You just exposed the liberals as the liars, and yet you still claim the Repubs are.
That is hysterical.

Politicians are discussing the political ramifications and impacts of what's happening with the political messaging going on from both sides right now.

SHOCKED! SHOCKED I SAY! CLEARLY it's reasonable to believe only Republicans would dare to do this. HORRIBLE!

Gotta love the typical "just keep spinning" meme

I know cynicism is something you like to normalize. I think most American and most progressive politicians are sincere people who try to do what's best for the country.

But you need to stick with the cynicism meme, I know. It's your thing.

But I'll just note again: cynicism is a tool of the right. It's just a posture with no real thought to it. I suppose it makes some people feel superior or something.

You just exposed the liberals as the liars, and yet you still claim the Repubs are.
That is hysterical.

Uhhhh what?

Uhhhh what?

Are you blind?
He just stated that they "We're willing to compromise. We're willing to negotiate. " and is the Dems saying they weren't.

It is the Dems who are not willing to compromise.

Are you blind?
He just stated that they "We're willing to compromise. We're willing to negotiate. " and is the Dems saying they weren't.

It is the Dems who are not willing to compromise.

BWHAHHAHAHA!

You realize that that's the "message" that they say they want to "keep saying" because they hope it will help in the polls.

You really don't realize that. BWHAHAHAAHH!

:laughat:
You realize that that's the "message" that they say they want to "keep saying" because they hope it will help in the polls.

You really don't realize that.
BWHAHAHAAHH! :doh
Oy vey.
Something so simple, yet you still manage not to understand it. Typical liberal.

:naughty
No.
Stop spinning.

What you don't realize is they say that because they are and have been willing.
Proof is in the pudding. Four times now.

It is the Senate who is not.

Hot Mic Catches Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell Discussing Their Actual Government...

This isn't as bad as the GOP TeaPartiers rep who said:

We’re not going to be disrespected. We have to get something out of this. And I don’t know what that even is.

As Dave Weigel said in Slate:

"A viewer with basic powers of observation might notice that the focus is on winning the optics and narrative of the shutdown, and getting something, without a truly clear idea of the something."

It shows how the GOP hates the Democrats and the black guy in the White House much more than they love their country.

Re: Hot Mic Catches Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell Discussing Their Actual Government...

We’re not going to be disrespected. We have to get something out of this. And I don’t know what that even is.

"A viewer with basic powers of observation might notice that the focus is on winning the optics and narrative of the shutdown, and getting something, without a truly clear idea of the something."

It shows how the GOP hates the Democrats and the black guy in the White House much more than they love their country.

It shows how democrats want to destroy the middle class and punish those that played by society's rules instead of ignoring them.

Hot Mic Catches Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell Discussing Their Actual Government...

It shows how democrats want to destroy the middle class and punish those that played by society's rules instead of ignoring them.

Way to go with the reflexive Conservative boilerplate nonsensical response

!

Re: Hot Mic Catches Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell Discussing Their Actual Government...

Way to go with the reflexive Conservative boilerplate nonsensical response

!

way to reply with the standard Democrat garbage response

BWHAHHAHAHA!

You really don't realize that. BWHAHAHAAHH!

You actually believe that?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHH!

Yeah, that's perfect teabaggery isn't it.

They are so deep into Obamaphobia they lash out without even thinking and then try to figure out what to do next.

You're deep into the Randianism. Not a good sign.

You're deep into the Randianism. Not a good sign.

and you're deep into Obamaism, not going to say which orifice

OK, so Rand Paul got caught admitting that this was more about winning than doing something right for America. Obama hasn't been heard saying that only because he didn't get caught, like Rand Paul did. Meanwhile the wing nuts on both sides pretend that this is about America. This couldn't be further from the truth. This is about the same old political bullcrap. Both sides want to win, and both sides are more than willing to kick America to the curb in the process.

OK, so Rand Paul got caught admitting that this was more about winning than doing something right for America.
Wtf?
He got caught admitting to wanting to do right for the U.S.
Nothing more or less than that.

Wtf?

It was 2 politicos discussing politics. Are you really stupid enough to think that the GOP has your best interests at heart? Wait, don't answer that....

It was 2 politicos discussing politics.
Get thet facts straight.
It was to representatives discussing their surprise with the false narrative that they were not willing to compromise, when clearly they were.

Are you really stupid enough to think that the GOP has your best interests at heart? Wait, don't answer that....
Are you really stupid enough to think that the GOP has your best interests at heart as they do in this instance?
Wait, don't answer that....

The GOP does not have a monopoly on cynicism or treason or war-mongering. Both parties happily violate the letter and spirit of the Constitution and many US statutes.

They do on this issue.

Wtf?

Wow, that's the best gloss of pure cynicism I've seen in years. Bravo.

Back
Top Bottom