• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hot air? White House takes credit for Bush-era wind farm jobs

Councilman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
wind-turbine-flag.jpg

If these ran well on of hot air we could put them up around the White House and make a lot of electricity.

I'm not surprised that Obama is caught in another lie but I am still in shock over seeing this story is on MSNBC.

I thought I might be hallucinating. Imagine that MSNBC telling the truth about an OBAMA LIE!

If this keeps up I'm heading out to the nearest farm because I have never seen a pig fly and if this continues who knows what miracle could be next.

Will wonders never cease.

White House takes credit for Bush-era wind farms - Business - Going Green - msnbc.com

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration is crediting its anti-recession stimulus plan with creating up to 50,000 jobs on dozens of wind farms, even though many of those wind farms were built before the stimulus money began to flow or even before President Barack Obama was inaugurated.

Out of 70 major wind farms that received the $4.4 billion in federal energy grants through the stimulus program, public records show that 11, which received a total of $600 million, erected their wind towers during the Bush administration. And a total of 19 wind farms, which received $1.3 billion, were built before any of the stimulus money was distributed.

Surprise!!!!!!

Well, you see --- the current administration didn't **** can the deal, so they get credit for it still being there. See how that works? :wink:

so based on the snip of the article youve noted...
bush has been credited for a total of 19 farms for a cost of 1.3bil..(684K-n-change average)
and obama is credited for the remaining 51 farms for a cost of 4.1bil..(604K-n-change average)

HouseOfCards.jpg

I suppose that since Obama has been in Office for over two and a half years and has yet to accomplish a single thing that has been of a positive nature, he has grasped at straws to give those who are still need something to cling to a little hope even if means stealing credit from President Bush even though up to now he has been the devil or the boogieman in Obama's fantasy world.

It's going to become harder and harder for Obama's dwindling list of followers to sort out truth from fiction as the realization of his falling support reaches critical mass.

Like the increasingly ridiculous attacks on the best grass roots multiracial, multicultural, multiparty, patriotic, group in a 100 years or more takes aim at the Washington establishment in general, and Obama's plans & policies in particular, we know to expect Obama and his cabal to go to what ever lengths they can come up with in an attempt curry any little bit of support before the house of cards Obama's dwindling support base is built on completely collapses.

So, let's see...

Out of 70 major wind farms that received the $4.4 billion in federal energy grants through the stimulus program, public records show that 11, which received a total of $600 million, erected their wind towers during the Bush administration. And a total of 19 wind farms, which received $1.3 billion, were built before any of the stimulus money was distributed.

11 + 19 = 30

70 - 30 = 40

I'd say the President wins this one by +10.

Last edited:
Read the entire story. Those 70 are only a very small part of it. The vast majority of the hundreds of turbines in question were built well before the stimulus. And (AND!) the money didn't actually create many jobs; it's only "vital" to "creating" jobs "down the line," the estimates of which the Administration is using its figures.

And (AND AND!) the source for most of the data is from the industry itself, which needs to set itself up for MORE money later. Looked at in another way, the industry is justifying its pork and the Administration is buying their story hook, line, and sinker. Were it, say, the OIL industry, and, say, a REPUBLICAN administration, somehow, I think some of you might take a different view on all of this.

See what happens when you read the whole story?

So, let's see...

11 + 19 = 30

70 - 30 = 40

I'd say the President wins this one by +10.

Ya know, now that i read into the wording more, the story appears much more grim for the Bush admin and its windfarm assistance record.

"public records show that 11, which received a total of $600 million, erected their wind towers during the Bush administration."
only 11 farms in 8 years? not sure i wouldve brought that up unless youre an advocate against green energy. 6 farms are in TX alone.. should be more IMO.

"And a total of 19 wind farms, which received $1.3 billion, were built before any of the stimulus money was distributed."
are they implying they received no federal assistance until obama was in office? in either case its still public money that probably hasnt help make electricity cheaper at the outlet. i would rather have them(the powers that be) shift subsidies from other industries like oil or crop farming instead of taking more to spread around.

As for the total avg spent per farm, i wonder what the cost of these farms actually are? what is the percentage given by taxpayers? the numbers must be blurred somewhere, because even $680K per farm in assistance seems like a drop in the bucket when you see these things. hmm...

Ya know, now that i read into the wording more, the story appears much more grim for the Bush admin and its windfarm assistance record.

That's an entirely different issue, not being discussed here. And if you're continuing to dwell on those 70, then you never bothered reading the whole story. But sure, concentrate on the excerpt you like the most.

How many jobs are we actually talking about, anyway?

Back
Top Bottom