• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hostage drama at Turkey's embassy in Israel

kaya'08

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Shots have been fired at the Turkish embassy in the Israeli city of Tel Aviv, police have said.

There are reports that at least one person was injured.

An Israeli official told the BBC two hostages had been taken by a man who entered the embassy, but were later freed. The official said the man was shot by the embassy's security guards.

BBC News - Hostage drama at Turkey's embassy in Israel

Israel's foreign ministry identified the man as a Palestinian who stormed the UK embassy in Tel Aviv in 2006.

There are unconfirmed reports that the man, named as Nadim Injaz from the West Bank, was demanding asylum in Turkey.

Last edited:
Shots have been fired at the Turkish embassy in the Israeli city of Tel Aviv, police have said.

There are reports that at least one person was injured.

An Israeli official told the BBC two hostages had been taken by a man who entered the embassy, but were later freed. The official said the man was shot by the embassy's security guards.

BBC News - Hostage drama at Turkey's embassy in Israel

Israel's foreign ministry identified the man as a Palestinian who stormed the UK embassy in Tel Aviv in 2006.

There are unconfirmed reports that the man, named as Nadim Injaz from the West Bank, was demanding asylum in Turkey.

Not sure why Israel does not deport this nut to Turkey. He can rant about Israel and Jews all he likes there.

Not sure why Israel does not deport this nut to Turkey. He can rant about Israel and Jews all he likes there.

Why the hell would we want him? He obviously has psychological issues and taking in a man that has just caused a shootout in a Turkish embassy isn't the type of immigrant we would like to welcome with open arms. I insist Israel keeps him. :)

Why the hell would we want him? He obviously has psychological issues and taking in a man that has just caused a shootout in a Turkish embassy isn't the type of immigrant we would like to welcome with open arms. I insist Israel keeps him. :)

Israel keep him? But but that would mean that they would have to annex the... never mind!

Israel keep him? But but that would mean that they would have to annex the... never mind!

Maybe Tukey can send him to their pals in Greece.

the man was an informer of the Shin Bet, he was given a house in Israel but turned into criminal activity, as a result the Shin Bet wanted to deport him back into the west bank and now he claims the Shin Bet are trying to execute him.

the man was an informer of the Shin Bet, he was given a house in Israel but turned into criminal activity, as a result the Shin Bet wanted to deport him back into the west bank and now he claims the Shin Bet are trying to execute him.

If im not mistaken he has been diagnosed with mental illness.

lol would you be suprised? This is the second time he has done this.

Yes, the drama continues. I read he had just been released from prison for pretending he was going to shoot himself at the British Embassy with the same toy gun four years ago. That story also said he was an informant but nothing about him being deported back to the West Bank.

Of course he will be killed if he is returned to the West Bank. At least that is what would be expected in a comparable situation.

I also heard he had mental illness but if he is about to be sent back to people he has informed on in the West bank and then killed, how I do not know, his actions do not seem such those of a mentally ill person after all...but just someone trying their best to stay alive.

just someone trying their best to stay alive.

Ah -- the old storm the embasy and take hostages as a wise survival strategy argument.

and here I thought I'd already heard everything........

Ah -- the old storm the embasy and take hostages as a wise survival strategy argument.

Yea they usually hijack planes... but I suspect trying to get on a plane as a Palestinian is not exactly easy, so the next best thing is to do this.

LOL!
I was thinking the same thing. He sounds like he has a death wish to me.

Just like the folks on the flotilla. I am sure that the President of Turkey would have been fine if this guy killed a few Turks. Then he would have another platform to rant abot the dirty Jews and how they did not protect the ambassy.

LOL!
I was thinking the same thing. He sounds like he has a death wish to me.

You do not believe that forcing an informant to go back to the West Bank is a death sentence? It would I am pretty sure have been so in N Ireland.

You do not believe that forcing an informant to go back to the West Bank is a death sentence? It would I am pretty sure have been so in N Ireland.

Hmm....did Israel want to deport him before this incident?

How can they tell the difference over there?

If im not mistaken this is actually very scientific topic of discussion.
Middle Eastern mentally retarded men dribble and the others dont. That's just about the only difference. :)

Hmm....did Israel want to deport him before this incident?

As far as I can gather yes but I only got the deporting thing from this thread. You know he has just been released from 4 years in jail for a similar incident with our embassy. We are told he is a criminal. My guess was that he was supposed to have been a criminal before.

So either he was a criminal before and Israel was going to deport him to death in the West Bank so he tried to make a scene to get his voice heard and yes, almost got killed in the process...

or he is mentally unstable, not the sort of person to use for informant work and certainly not good reason to send someone to his death.

As far as I can gather yes but I only got the deporting thing from this thread. You know he has just been released from 4 years in jail for a similar incident with our embassy. We are told he is a criminal. My guess was that he was supposed to have been a criminal before.

Before we continue i want this to be confirmed first.

Informants of the Shin Bet usually get a nice home with a nice "pension", as I understood from the media this man chose to get involved in criminal activity in Israel and not being an Israeli the athorities wanted to deport him back to the west bank.
This act could well be him trying to get arrested and get back in prison to avoid this fate, I saw a documentry a while ago about young Palestinian women who go to a checkpoint and try to stab a soldier just to escape their family and get into an Israeli prison. Thats not unique to Palestinians though, many criminals do their "best" to get back into prison because they can't handle the society

Informants of the Shin Bet usually get a nice home with a nice "pension", as I understood from the media this man chose to get involved in criminal activity in Israel and not being an Israeli the athorities wanted to deport him back to the west bank.
This act could well be him trying to get arrested and get back in prison to avoid this fate, I saw a documentry a while ago about young Palestinian women who go to a checkpoint and try to stab a soldier just to escape their family and get into an Israeli prison. Thats not unique to Palestinians though, many criminals do their "best" to get back into prison because they can't handle the society

What do you think Israel does with him?

Not to worry. Palestinian kangaroo courts are usually very lenient :2razz:

Back
Top Bottom