• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hostage drama at Turkey's embassy in Israel

Informants of the Shin Bet usually get a nice home with a nice "pension", as I understood from the media this man chose to get involved in criminal activity in Israel and not being an Israeli the athorities wanted to deport him back to the west bank.
This act could well be him trying to get arrested and get back in prison to avoid this fate, y

Thank you ido that is pretty much what I guessed. He would rather be in an Israeli prison again than face death.

Should do, sorry.

Well the man doesn't deserve a death sentence (though I don't think the PA hangs informants) but on the other hand we have enough filthy criminals of our own... I abstain on this one.

Well the man doesn't deserve a death sentence (though I don't think the PA hangs informants) but on the other hand we have enough filthy criminals of our own... I abstain on this one.
Palestinian law allows the execution of informants. Normally, such an execution requires the signature of the PM. As far as I know, Mahmoud Abbas signed off on only one execution order in which four informants were executed in June of 2005.

Hamas executed two informants (shot) on April 15, 2010. Three additional informants remain on death row in Gaza. In addition, Amnesty International accused Hamas of executing numerous collaborators (17) during the chaos of the Hamas coup.

Numerous human rights groups have expressed grave concerns that Hamas military tribunals obtain confessions via torture.

Palestinian law allows the execution of informants. Normally, such an execution requires the signature of the PM. As far as I know, Mahmoud Abbas signed off on only one execution order in which four informants were executed in June of 2005.

Hamas executed two informants (shot) on April 15, 2010. Three additional informants remain on death row in Gaza. In addition, Amnesty International accused Hamas of executing numerous collaborators (17) during the chaos of the Hamas coup.

Numerous human rights groups have expressed grave concerns that Hamas military tribunals obtain confessions via torture.

Hamas is out of the equation in this case.
How many are only imprisoned in Palestinian jails comparance to those who are executed?
The Israeli law also allows death sentence for traitors but it was never applied.

Last edited:
Hamas is out of the equation in this case.
How many are only imprisoned in Palestinian jails comparance to those who are executed?
The Israeli law also allows death sentence for traitors but it was never applied.
To my knowledge, four informants were executed during the tenure of Mahmoud Abbas. I have no idea how many West Bank Palestinians are either awaiting trial or serving a sentence for informing.

Back
Top Bottom