• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hospitals face ad blitz over Chick-fil-A, other fast food in cafeterias

you seem to be one of the people who fall for the mass marketing of chemical laden "fast food". McDonald's loves folks like you

You mean I seem to be someone who "falls for it" because I don't eat it? I prefer game I kill myself. And if I can't have that, I prefer stuff that I get at the grocery store. But if I feel a rumbling in my tummy...I want something to make a turd. That is about all fast food is to me. And only if I don't have any other option really. I MIGHT eat it twice a month MAYBE.

And the best part? All those chemicals haven't caused me a problem yet. No heart problems. No strokes. Nothing. In fact...my exercise is WAY more dangerous for me than my food intake (martial arts). But I'm not going to stop that either. Does it make you mad that nobody cares about these alleged "chemical problems?" Or does it make you mad that everybody already knew fast food was unhealthy and they don't really care?

You can't stop people from putting food in their doughnut mashers. You can only stop yourself. But you keep pretending to be holier than thou because you don't eat something other people do.

Ps

Do you smoke, drink, or do any other of those other things? Just wondering. Everyone has their "McDonald's."

Last edited:
If the phrase "Eat More chickpeas" sounds familiar, that's exactly what the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine was hoping for. The play on the Chick-fil-A slogan "Eat More Chicken" is part of an ad campaign they're running in cities across the country against fast-food franchises setting up shop in hospitals.

"We're not trying to attack anyone. Our goal is to promote good health for patients. One of the ways you can do that is by eating a more healthful diet," said Stephen Neabore, MD, a physician with the Committee who practices internal medicine in Washington D.C.

Hospitals face ad blitz over Chick-fil-A, other fast food in cafeterias | Healthcare Finance News

I see a lawsuit coming -- for patent infringement and for defamation.

No, it's about restricting choice for healthy individuals.

I am guessing instead that it is about animal rights.

I dated this one lady (single female = lady) who was a militant vegan too and she was ultra pro animal rights as well.

But until MV completes her syllogism we will never know definitively.

This is political BS, probably aimed at Chick-fil-A because of the company's notably religious outlook. Otherwise, why pick on a relatively healthful fast food option while remaining silent about Burger King or Five Guys, just to name two?

My guess is that they made a dumbazz decision and their internal lawyers did not catch it.

Now they will have hell and a lawsuit to pay.

This week I posted a picture of the ingredients in a Chick-Fil-A sandwich on my personal and Food Babe Facebook Page– I was curious to see the reaction from my family, friends and Food Babe readers. I found that some people were shocked and some people downright didn’t care and even celebrated the deliciousness in Chick-fil-A’s signature sandwich. You see – The number (close to 100) and type of ingredients are typical for fast food and for many chain restaurants. If you eat out and eat at these type of places, you are feeling the effects of these ingredients, whether you realize it or not. Ever wonder why you have to dose yourself with caffeine after lunch to stay awake? Or have uncontrollable cravings? Or why no matter how hard you work in the gym, you still carry around 10 extra pounds? Or experience depressed moods? Or have joint pain? Or headaches? Or can’t clear up your skin? Or have asthma and/or allergies?

Chickfila.jpg

Chick-fil-A or Chemical-Fil-A? - Food Babe

That's actually not too bad.

No wonder they taste soooooo good !!

I know that MSG gets a bad rap and is not politically correct.

But I have not heard if it causes cancer in rats yet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate#United_States

This week I posted a picture of the ingredients in a Chick-Fil-A sandwich on my personal and Food Babe Facebook Page– I was curious to see the reaction from my family, friends and Food Babe readers. I found that some people were shocked and some people downright didn’t care and even celebrated the deliciousness in Chick-fil-A’s signature sandwich. You see – The number (close to 100) and type of ingredients are typical for fast food and for many chain restaurants. If you eat out and eat at these type of places, you are feeling the effects of these ingredients, whether you realize it or not. Ever wonder why you have to dose yourself with caffeine after lunch to stay awake? Or have uncontrollable cravings? Or why no matter how hard you work in the gym, you still carry around 10 extra pounds? Or experience depressed moods? Or have joint pain? Or headaches? Or can’t clear up your skin? Or have asthma and/or allergies?

Chickfila.jpg

Chick-fil-A or Chemical-Fil-A? - Food Babe

Those are not a woman's hands by the way.

So I take it that you are a male militant vegan.

That's unusual since most men I know love meat especially the athletes.

As I said, a relatively healthful fast food option. Still looks to be all political BS.

It all depends on what they fry it in.

If they are using cheap lard or some such peanut oil, then it can kill you.

But it sure tastes good though.

The MSG injections are probably the reason it tastes good.

You know, you run the risk of getting OCD over these ingredients, rather than just enjoying the tasty meal at hand.

I eat at Chick Fil A, and as far as this stuff goes it is pretty dayem tasty! And those 'born agains' staffing the place seem to provide really exceptional customer service. Seriously good service, for the environment.

And I can't say I particularly suffer from the things you claim I will.

But I do enjoy my meals thoroughly, and only fret over thinking of what I can do to provide even more flavor in the meals I buy or prepare! :thumbs:

M/V has at least helped us all to understand WHY it tastes so good -- the MSG injections.

I knew they had to be injecting it with something because pure chicken does not taste that good.

Like I said, MSG should be fine. It's just another protein.

you should aim higher than fast food. really.

If there is time enough then I will get genuine Chinese stir fry at a sit down restaurant with waitresses.

If in a pinch I will usually get a sandwich at Subway.

When I get really tired of all the Subway sandwiches (for working at my desk) I will then go to Chick Fil A.

If I have to drive and eat at the same time I get a regular hamburger (without fries) at McDonalds.

If you don't eat it all the time, it's fine. Having establishments like Chick-Fil-A in the cafe likely helps the hospital pay the bills. I don't know if a falafel cart would have the same impact. The patients likely are not getting Chick-Fil-A.

I can tell you first hand after 3 surgeries that in a hospital room in bed the food is really bland.

NO salt.

NO spices.

Just lean fish or chicken. They don't even risk beef. Probably can't afford it either.

And NO you cannot leave the floor to go down to the cafeteria in the hospital. Verboten !!!

You are missing out on a lot of pleasure.

There is nothing better than a good drink to go along with a good meal and a good female at your table with good music from a live orchestra.

I prefer mixed drinks made out of rum that has been distilled several times to avoid the hangovers from the fusil oils.

Beers, wines, and cheap liquors give you hangovers due to the fusil oils in them. These must be carefully distilled out to get at the pure ethanol for the mixed cocktail drink.

I noticed that your hands are male. I am assuming you are hetero. If not then substitute the gender of your romantic preference.

If the phrase "Eat More chickpeas" sounds familiar, that's exactly what the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine was hoping for. The play on the Chick-fil-A slogan "Eat More Chicken" is part of an ad campaign they're running in cities across the country against fast-food franchises setting up shop in hospitals.

"We're not trying to attack anyone. Our goal is to promote good health for patients. One of the ways you can do that is by eating a more healthful diet," said Stephen Neabore, MD, a physician with the Committee who practices internal medicine in Washington D.C.

Hospitals face ad blitz over Chick-fil-A, other fast food in cafeterias | Healthcare Finance News

If I am in a hospital the last thing I want is crappy vegan food. I want a Chick-fil-A or some other fast food.

If I am in a hospital the last thing I want is crappy vegan food. I want a Chick-fil-A or some other fast food.
Being in hospital and vegan food? A terrible scenario.

I'm wondering at what point we as adults are not allowed to decide to put whatever food we want in our mouth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last time I was in the hospital, they served eggs in the morning. Every morning, even when I requested not to have eggs in the morning. They had some smell to it I can't describe.
At lunch, they sometimes served some sort of beef stew that smelled and looked like canned dog food, the cubed kind.
Donuts, every hospital cafeteria has donuts, muffins, cupcakes.
Supper...don't try the meatloaf. It makes you sick.

Chick-fil-A, my go to fast food restaurant when I am in the mood for other that 5 guys burgers.

ChickfilA-Grilled-Market-Salad.png

New Salads | Chick-fil-A

I can tell you first hand after 3 surgeries that in a hospital room in bed the food is really bland.

NO salt.

NO spices.

Just lean fish or chicken. They don't even risk beef. Probably can't afford it either.

And NO you cannot leave the floor to go down to the cafeteria in the hospital. Verboten !!!

It depends on how many IVs you have hanging on you and how busy the nurses are. Try and catch me if you can. :)
Been there, done that.
Some hospitals actually have menus, and depending on your diet, you are free to order what you wish.

Food manufacturers typically load their products with chemicals to enhance taste and mask inferior ingredients. But as far as I know, Chik-fil-A uses premium ingredients by fast food standards, and the label you provided corroborates that. Why the **** do they need all of these chemicals for? why should there be monosodium glutamate in a delicious and nutritious chicken breast sandwich?

Back
Top Bottom